“Lovely Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calangute
Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse
You added Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse to your Saves list
H.no - 2/233 A Bishop Alex Dias Road | Naika vaddo, GOA, Calangute 403516, India   |
“Lovely Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

5STARS to Joe & Marietta and to their Guest house. Amazing Place to stay. Closer to market and the beach, this was Top Notch!!!.
Simple and Homely Food for breakfast and No disturbance in your Privacy. Very Polite and Gentle People to talk to.
Nice & Neat Room. Well Maintained.

Only problem that I faced was that the bed was making a little noise and the bathroom door. so when anyone wants to open the bathroom door at night the other person would get up due to the noise. But when i see the overall Experience I found this negligble and I am Super happy.
Thank you Joe & Marietta. You guys ROCK!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JoeMarietta, Owner at Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for the kind review. By the way, the bed has been fixed and does not give out noise anymore. Also the bathroom door hinges have been oiled. So no more noise. It did not take us long to do this, and we wish we were told of the noise when you were here. Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience and thanks a lot for the gracious words.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

A few days back I arrived in Goa from New Zealand after three long flights. I had booked Joe & Marietta's guesthouse and I was incredibly happy that I had upon my arrival. Joe & Marietta are wonderful people and incredibly accommodating and the guesthouse lived up to all my expectations. The room and bathroom were clean and Joe & Marietta were there for my every question and request, from where could i find a good restaurant to asking for an extra sheet and blanket. I stayed in the orange room, which had a television I only found out on my arrival and a great table to work from. The wireless works perfectly in all the rooms besides the orange room, which is a touch away from the router, but that wasn't any trouble as marietta and joe encouraged me to sit on their porch and drink chai and check email. The room is incredibly safe and the small staff delightful and I had no qualms about keeping all my personal items in the room. I felt safe and knew my things would be too. the guesthouse is on a perfect quiet residential street and the market (with restaurants, fresh veggies and shopping) is a mere 5-10 minute walk away. The beach another 5 minutes from there. This is by far the best place you can stay in Calagunte. I would recommend it without hesitation to everyone. I put 4 stars for fitness centre and swimming because I went running from the guesthouse to the beach every morning and then went swimming in the arabian sea afterwards!

Room Tip: All are good, the Orange room is a little away from the wireless router so you need to sit outside t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
JoeMarietta, Owner at Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Benjamin is himself a gem of a person. As for the weak wi-fi signal in the Orange room, we plan to lay a cable from the router to the room in the future. But otherwise, our friends are most welcome to sit in our porch and surf the Net... Thank you Ben for the kind words.
Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had visited Goa in December and had booked 3 rooms couple of months earlier. Unfortunately, plans changed and finally me and my husband were the only ones to land up at joe and Marietta's guesthouse.
We had booked after reading the awesome TripAdvisor reviews and every review is true to the last word. This guesthouse is located in the quite by lanes of calangute- Far from the maddening crowds but only a small walk from the beach. We were welcomed by Marietta aunty and were shown our room. It was just amazing to enter a big spotless and well maintained room. There were a few catalogues and maps in the room to guide us around Goa which was very thoughtful. In the mornings, we used to get tasty breakfast (I loved the omelette and got some tips from aunty too !!! :) Just adored the dog and the kittens that were in their house.
I could go on and on.. there are just so many things which made our stay so very comfortable and memorable.
Highly recommended for travelers who are bored of the routine money making soulless hotels and want to experience goa in a simple, low key and relaxing way.
Thank you uncle and aunty. I will make sure that i stay at ur place the every time I am in Goa :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your minute observations and generous praise. We will strive to keep our place simple, homely and clean as best as we can.. Thanks again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Me n my wife with our 2.5 yrs old daughter recently took a 5N/6D trip to calangute,Goa (14/01/13-19/01/13).
We have been to Goa lot of times earlier as well but this was our first time at J&M.....
Arrived at 5 AM (booked in advance) and was greeted by Joe.We stayed for a day at their Orange room which was very neat,clean with a spacious bathroom.
Next day we moved in to Jackfruit room as requested by us which was good too (Slightly bigger).
Marietta greeted us with a huge smile during the breakfast which was wonderfully cooked home food and very tasty (not elaborate) and was served in the room itself with well prepared tea. Since We had a kid with us there were numerous requests for milk, omelettes which was always met with a smile from her even in evenings along with untimely tea requests :-)
She was also concerned enough to make sure the egg for the kid was made non-spicy and without chilies.....now such minute things are taken care of only at HOME !!!
We really enjoyed our stay here which was made even better with their personal touch.
Its a true value for money as rooms are better,neat,clean and hygienic than most big name hotels on the main road.
Moreover the feeling is so much like home unlike hotels.
Its located just next to Neelam's Glitz and calangute beach is around 1.5 km's across market.
One can request Joe itself for a two wheeler on rent and taxi for airport drop as I did and they are arranged at a nominal rate.
Its the place to be if you are on a family trip or a budget holiday....but be sure to book in advance as they are mostly occupied....
Thanks JOE and MARIETTA for a wonderful stay.....we shall meet u again !!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
JoeMarietta, Owner at Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Sir....We are humbled by your praise. Its our pleasure to be of service to our guests. And your little one was most adorable. Hugs to her... See you again..
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

first time in goa
v were greeted by mareitta, such a lovely lady with a warm smile...
she was very welcomin..n ofcourse mr.joe was equally welcoming... the place is calm..v stayed in cinnamon it had a tv room, a huge bed room, kitchen n bathroom..the place was neat n clean...v were served with yummy breakfast and v got tea as well ..:)the service offerd was friendly..v stayed for 3 nights and never missed home...
and the place is close to the beach..n all the basic utilities were close by..hoping to come back to your guest house again..

Sooraj and Leenu

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JoeMarietta, Owner at Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
It was a pleasure hosting you. Thank you so much for the kind words. We look forward to having you with us again..soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Was in Goa this weekend and stayed over at Joe and Marietta's. We were clear that we were not going to be in / around our room for long...that ruled out any resort. This turned out to be the perfect option!

Clean Rooms & Bath, not far from the beach and economical. Good choice if you intend to travel / party / 'spend more time at the beach'.

- KP

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
JoeMarietta, Owner at Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you!! Thank you!! When you spend lot of time on the beach, you get a clean bath, a clean bed and a deep sleep....at Joe and Marietta's.
Cochin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I ve been to Goa numerous times and stayed at all sorts of places but this one really stands out . It came highly recommended by a friend of ours and it did not fail to impress. We were a group of 12 and we basically took up the whole top floor . The whole place was well maintained and very neat . The service was as good as any hotel you would come across and add in the personal touch of Joe and Marietta and you ve gotta fabulous deal. I was staying with my barely 1 year old baby . So we had a lot of special needs . All of which were taken care off . Normally after all my vacations I get a feeling as if a whirldwind passed by but this time round it was as if I had carried my home along with me to Goa. Adding to all this the place is quite close to calangute , bagah ,aramabol beaches and near to all the happening palces . The food that they served up was also quite homely . After I reached back I ve been referring these guys to my friends . Dont batter an eyelid when you choose to stay here . You just made the right call. We are definitely coming back .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
JoeMarietta, Owner at Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
We remember all of you - right from the small baby to Sija, our friend. Thanks for the kind words. The pleasure is all ours. Look forward to having you with us again.

Been to Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse? Share your experiences!