“Indulge in overwhelming exuberance of the Goan hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Severina

You added Casa Severina to your Saves list
Casa Severina
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Senhor Francisco Road, near St. Anthony's Chapel | Gauravaddo, Calangute 403516, India   |
Ranked #3 of 100 Hotels in Calangute
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Indulge in overwhelming exuberance of the Goan hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

I was visiting India after 3 years for my wedding and just had 4 days for honeymoon. Goa was an obvious choice as I don't get enough SUN or SEA in Chicago...
Finding a resort in GOA is like finding a gem from coal mine. My first choice was Taj Exotica as I am a Taj Member. The Price was around 9000/night for 2 for a regular room.
I came across this resort while I was checking out trip advisor and I was really skeptical after looking at the price. I thought this place was value for money and a perfect destination for my honeymoon.

Booking:
It is difficult to book the place as you can't book it online using your credit card. I wired them half the amount in advance and got an email back in 1 hour with all the confirmations from Mr. Johnson. I was booked in Deluxe Suite for 4830 that is 1/3 of taj.

Resort:
Around 45 mins. from airport. Villa style small heritage resort with 17 rooms. 2 min walk to bch or you can use their complementary cycles for commute. Beautiful garden and a small pool which is big enough for 17 room hotel.

When we reached there I was told that as I am on my honeymoon they have given me free upgrade to Casa Andre their only Luxury Suite. It was one of the best suites I have stayed in till date. balcony, bed and bath excellent. Please have a look at the pics of the suite.

This is the only place where you get what you see on their website.

Staff:
All the staff at the hotel are very friendly and go out of their way to make your stay a memorable one. Special thanks to Johnson( you are one of the best manager I have met and a very kind human being)
Wet towels, breakfast, towel decorations in room, cleaning, pool supplies, candlelight dinners, wakeup calls, transport services you name it and they do it with a smile.
My wife described their staff in a very nice way: "smiles... genuine smiles everywhere. Goan hospitality at its best"

Food and Bar:
Decent selection of wines and spirits. Enough choices of cocktails if you want to try something new every day.
They have perfect snack and breakfast menu and I loved the breakfast they provided complementary.
Limited food choices and I do not blame them as 90% of guests have their meals at specialty dinners or bch shacks.
Very few guests know that their cook can make excellen Goan food which is off-menu and you have to request for it.
They can arrange candle light dinner with special menu in your balcony if you want to surprise your spouse. We did it and paid around 750Rs that is less then 20$ for excellent food.
P.S. some one commented that Veggis will be disappointed. We are Veggis and we had blastttttttttt. You just have to ask for options.

Lot of other guests have written tons of things so I don't want to repeat it.... I just want to say....
Hey Johnson and team......great job.....keep it up.....and see you all soon......

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
CasaSeverina, General Manager at Casa Severina, responded to this review, January 21, 2011
Dear HARP1,

Thank you for your honest opinion. We appreciate you taking the time to write your review with a lot of detail. Our team has been delighted to be able to serve you'll during your stay here & we look forward to your return to Casa Severina on all your future holidays in Goa!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

We stayed at Casa Severina on our holiday after marriage. The rooms are spacious and well lit, the bathrooms are clean and have well thought out accessories, the service staff is pleasant and eager to help. The facade of the Casa is very beautiful and welcoming and the pool is a cute one. All in All, it was a wonderful week long stay at the Casa. We will definitely visit again. Thanks to Johnson and crew.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

Good hotel. Great location. Walking distance to beach, shops and restaurant. Excellent service, from reception to management. They treat you like family. Would definitly recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

I booked a boutique standard room for the honeymoon and was shocked to see what i got for what i paid.It was the smallest hotel room i had ever stayed in.From what i gathered i expected a shower cubicle but the bathroom was so small that you could hardly stand there.
The entry to the room was not through the main entrance but through an alley on the side.

Later on i got to hear from the hotel staff that it was the drivers room/garage converted into a guest room.None of this was on the site nor did they had any pics of these rooms on their site.And i can assure you that in Goa near the place where the hotel was situated you will get something lot better than this.

Well result a glitch in an otherwise memorable honeymoon

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
CasaSeverina, General Manager at Casa Severina, responded to this review, December 24, 2010
Dear AMD,
Thank you for your valuable suggestions. The Standard Boutique room photos are now uploaded on our website.
I apologise on behalf of the staff member who might have misled you to believe that the Standard Boutique rooms are for drivers. The fact is that the boutique rooms were designed as base category standard rooms without any frills bearing in mind budget travellers wishing to stay with us. These are also the only the rooms in the Resort that have the interconnecting door option & has been constructed specifically as a separate structure. The alleyway has been planned to give it a colonial feeling.
We do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you in ne of our suites during your next visit to Goa.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

Casa Severina was our final hotel stay after 3 weeks touring India.
The facility is 1st class and we had a great relaxing stay. Food and drink are very competitively priced and a cracking breakfast is served in with the price. Rooms are modern/spacious and cleaned daily. The grounds are beautifully kept and the whole place is well tended by a hard working team
(thx Johnson/Ujay/Ade/Gadger/Suresh et al !)

Our party of 4 would certainly stay here again and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

A luxerious and beautiful hotel... This is the best hotel I stayed at in India. It is clean, the furniture is ornate, and it's simply wonderful.

The service is fantastic, and the bathroom actually had a hairdryer which was very exciting. We stayed in a superior room, which had a shower and tub. There was a North American queen-sized bed, with a sitting area. A free bottle of port was offered on the first day, in addition to two bottles of spring water. We had a private balcony, with a small table and comfortable chairs.

I cannot express how wonderful this hotel was. The only downside was that wifi was not free... It is 100 rs/hour. Other than this, you can rent a scooter for 250 rs/day. Calangute is closeby, and the main strip is just a short walk. The hotel is mainly frequented by European travellers.

The breakfast was good with fruit, omlettes, hash browns etc...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
CasaSeverina, General Manager at Casa Severina, responded to this review, December 4, 2010
Dear Lizardo,

Thank you for your valuable comments. We thank you for choosing to stay with us & look forward to your return to Casa Severina!!!
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

This review is based upon my interaction with the staff and management during the time of booking the hotel.

After doing a lot of research and reading nice reviews I zeored in on Casa Severina for our stay in Goa in December. I must admit I really liked the property by viewing on the website. The pain started when I booked 3 rooms in Casa Severina for the Month of December. I called the hotel on 26th November(Friday) and enquired about availability and rates. Post slight negotiation they blocked 3 rooms for me and I agreed to deposit 50% advance in their bank account by 27th Nov(Saturday). Unfortunately due to some urgent work and saturday being a half bnaking day in India i could not deposit the money in banking hours. But I called the manager and told him and offered him 2 options- a) that i could deposit money with any of his travel agents or B)can deposit on Monday. The manager agreed for depositing the advance on Monday.

How ever to my surprise within a few Hours I received a mail from the hotels reservation desk that they had sold our rooms to some one else and regreted unavailability.

I beleive this is highly unfair on the hotels part to do this..... there is no value to what they commit. Was really disgusted with this silly and unethical behaviour from the management.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
CasaSeverina, General Manager at Casa Severina, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Dear Mrinal,

It is with great regret that we read your unfair review, that too after offering you a discount & time for advance payment. We have checked with our Reservations Manager & Team. To clarify: Firstly, there was no extension of time granted for the advance to be paid. The email records clearly show this. The manager clarified that no extension for payment has been given, neither via email or telephone. Giving you this extension would be unfair & unethical to those customers who have taken the effort to make their payments towards their room confirmations & are unable to get a confirmation due to the room being held without guarantee, after all this is high season in Goa & rooms are 100% perishable commodities. The manager also explained to you that you have attempted to book with us directly & that booking through an agent would be entirely at your discretion.
Your date of membership to tripadvisor is a clear indication that you have created your ID only to defame the our hotel & we humbly request you to resist from doing so.
Our reviews from our other customers clearly go to prove our dedication towards customer satisfaction.
In any case, we are apologetic that you could not confirm your booking in time.

Been to Casa Severina? Share your experiences!