“Stay away” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mumbai
“Stay away”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here for 3nights for the new year ... I must say the hotel is poorly maintained .... My room had a broken shower which was only repaired on the last day of my stay... The worst thing is a four star property without a parking facility ....the hotel has a small plot of land outside the hotel which can squeeze 5 to six cars and if your car is parked behind it takes almost half an hour to get your car out ... On the day of my check out when I went out to get my car the security told me that they dont have keys of the car parked infront of my car when I complained at the reception the reply I got was the guests whose car was parked in the front parked it early in the morning and were too drunk so we did not ask for the car keys ... When the security tried to push the car out of the parking lot in vain and repetitive calls to the guests room the guest walked to the reception and told that he had left the car keys at the reception .... But the hotel staff instead of searching for the keys blamed it all on the guest that he had not given the keys ....then after an hours drama when I got real angry as I had to drive all the way to Mumbai I myself searched the key rack and the found the car keys ..... It was so unprofessional to spoil my first day of the new year and wake up another guest early in the morning who had just returned to the room room after partying all night....this is only on incident also the rooms are poorly maintained the linen is dirty .... And the compulsory gala dinner party on the 31st was a sad affair .....

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Namaste!

Thank you very much for your feedback with regards to your stay. We are delighted that you chose to stay at Citrus Goa and gave us an opportunity to serve you.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that you faced during your check-out. I have spoken to my team and have taken corrective steps to ensure that issues like these don't happen again.

Your feedback encourages my team and myself to continuously review and upgrade our product and services.

Jude Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I'll first gush about the bed. Hotel beds are meant to be nice but this one was like a mattress laced with sleeping pills!

The pool was superb. Clean, warm, hygienic.

The let down was some of the food but let me preface by saying that my vegetarian friend ordered and may have messed up. Although with Baga and Calangute around, you'll rarely eat in.

All in all a good time.

• Stayed December 2012

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Earlier known as silla goa when i was here 3yrs back..i was surprised to see the hotel completly renovated.very good rooms with clean bathroom and 24hr hot water.room sevice was excellent.the food served in restaurant was very good with lots of variety.the staff was humble and polite.the only problem is if u oder food or drink in the room it costs u double.overall the hotel was very clean inluding the pool.realy enjoyed my stay at citrus........

• Stayed November 2012

New Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed for 4 days at this hotel and the stay was pretty nice. The hotel is small though near to the calungute beach, has a small pool and the rooms are well apponinted.

The rooms though good were pretty damp( due to monsoons) and we had to request for a change. Small resturant and so one has to wait for a table or share with someone else. Something that should be attended to by the management.

Pros are, right in the thick of things near the calungute beach, market nearby, small pool.
Cons, small resturant, damp rooms.

Overall, not a bad experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Antwerpen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

i Stay 5 nights in this wonderful hotel
Everything was perfect
very beautiful hotel with a beautiful garden, statues and design
excellent swimming pool
the service is SUPER.
the breakfast is the best that i ever try in any hotel.we eat so many delicious fruits.we even dont be hungry until the night due to this rich breakfast lolll
very clean
i felt as a princess in citrus, my best hotel experience in India.my congratulations for all personal.they work hard for make tourists happy and we were very happy :)
the only point that i blame this hotel that the wifi is charged and not includ in the price
i ll come back to citrus for sure

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Jude M, Manager at Citrus Goa, responded to this review, January 21, 2013

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We reached Goa on 2nd Dec, Sunday early morning and were provided airport pickup by Citrus. Our checkin time was 2pm, but the staff was very accomodative and gave us the room at 9am without any extra charge. We loved the hospitality by Gaurab who was very polite & helpful, he guided us well. Breakfast was good, room was pool facing & pool was wonderful..Airport transfers made it very convenient for us. If only it was a beach resort it would be more sought after but calangute is only 5 mins walking distance from the hotel. Based on our overall experience @ Citrus, I would recommend this place :-)

• Stayed December 2012

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

its a nice place....rooms are good enough for the price u pay...breakfast was really nice....food is ok...nothing much to write back home about....good swimming pool.....not very close to the beach....10-15 walk. excellent n polite staff very helpful....overall okkey dokkey.....yup not to forget clean n safe property....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Jude Michael

Been to Citrus Goa? Share your experiences!