“Beyond Expectations!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Mia, Goa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calangute
Casa Mia, Goa
A1-189/D, Holiday Street, Gaura Vaddo | Gaura Vaddo, Calangute 403516, India   |
Ranked #4 of 118 Calangute B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Beyond Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Casa Mia was incredible. My husband and I were visiting family in India for 2 weeks and decided to go to Goa for 3 nights. We have never lived in India and so we weren't sure how to go about booking anything in Goa. The star ratings for the hotels in India can be inaccurate and not up to the standards of American hotels so we were a bit nervous about that. I ended up finding Casa Mia on trip advisor and after reading all the reviews, I called Rohit to get more information. After speaking with Rohit, I had a really good feeling about it and we booked it. Thank God we did! This place was gorgeous, clean, and relaxing. It's not like being in a resort, but gives such a unique experience. The rooms are decorated nicely and have an indian/beachy feel to it. There is more then enough space to lounge around the apartment. The two helpers are really nice and will help with anything you need. The Wifi signal was weak, but that didn't bother us too much. We had the cab driver stop at the grocery store on the way to the hotel and picked up some water bottles and snacks that we would munch on during our stay. The grocery store is less then a 10 minute walk.

Althought breakfast is not included, the beach shacks (restaurants lined along side the beach) are literally a 3 miniute walk. it's much better to have breakfast served to you on the beach then in your room anyway. There are many restaurants and beach shacks that you can have dinnner and lunch at as well. There are water sports available on this side of the beach too. The location is perfect. Once you get on the beach (which is 3 minutes away), you can walk to main calangute. It's about a 20 minute walk. The crowd there is more local. There are a lot of cute shops there where you can buy clothes, cashews, and more. From there, you can walk another 20 minutes and get to Baga, that is where they have nights clubs, bars, and nice restaurants. My husband and I usually walked our way to Baga but would take a cab back. If you don't like walking, you can always take a cab.

Overall, I would go back to Casa Mia anytime I am in Goa. It was beyond clean and had a nice feel to it. The bed was comfortable and it was a nice change from your typical resort type of vacation. I never write reviews, but Casa Mia was so amazing that I felt the need to so it can help travelers like my husband and I find a good and reliable stay in Goa.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

We stayed in Casa Mia for 1 week in November. The apartment was very clean and tastefully decorated. I would recommend Casa Mia to anyone looking to stay in Calangute. Neil the pick up man was very helpful and we used him a couple of times to drive us around Goa and show us the highlights. I would recommend him if you want to explore outside of Calangute. The only downside was the AC kept cutting out and not switching back on again. I appreciate the owners have no control over the power in Goa though. The 2 service guys were very helpful and attentative.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Eugene OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I visited Goa this October and we stayed at Casa Mia for a week. It is an amazing place, really close to the beach run by the warmest people you will ever meet! Clean to a fault (which is rare for India) and decorated in understated elegance, this place truly feels like one has come home to Goa.

• Stayed October 2011
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Me and my friend Jacob with our families checked in @ Casa Mia on 1-Sep-11 and were there till 4-Sep-11. Stay was pleasant, rooms were very clean, kitchen was fit-to-cook, we got extra vessels from Sekhar. Both Sekhar and Bhim were extremely helpful. Our kids really loved the place, they were running all over the rooms and playing, as we got 2 apartments facing on the ground floor itself.

Few problem what we faced - 1) None of the shops in Calangute Market will open before 10AM, so if you need any groceries, you have to wait. 2) There is a small grocery shop nearby, but it is of no use, virtually nothing is available there 3) Getting milk (for tea or for kids) is another problem, hardly you will get packet milk there, mostly need to depend on costly milks like Rich Life will cost you 45/- to make one time tea. 4)When we came it was raining heavily there and entire road was water-logged. We had to cross the road thru knee level water 5) Not sufficient vessels for cooking 6) If you dont plan in advance getting a taxi also very difficult

Owner Rohit is a real Gentleman, he listened all our concerns patiently and guaranteed that he will address the issues whatever he could handle ASAP.

We are really looking forward for one more visit, but in a non-monsoon season :)

Thanks
Girish T
Bangalore

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

This place works.

What makes this place great is that it overcomes the disadvantage of being located in bylane. Rohit is excellent help during the booking process. The staff- Shekhar and Bhim are both helpful, polite, available and yet not on your face.

The rooms are as clean as you can imagine and are large and roomy. Ideal for a small family or a small group of friends. Plenty of food options are available close by and you are in the heart of Calangute without the maddening crowds.

Recommended for both domestic and international travellers.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor may be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I completely recommend this place for anyone searching for a clean place with a kitchen, its worth the deal :) .... Also, the staff is really friendly and forthcoming and the ambiance of the place is really relaxing and comfy! ....
I stayed here from 5th-9th Sept 2011 with my husband and 10 month old child. Since I had an infant with me I was very concerned about cleanliness of the place and to my complete satisfaction I found the Casa Mia room, bathroom and kitchen were really clean and child friendly.

It is really close to the beach walkable in 5 mins and if you ride a bike - you can rent one near here & the market and shopping centers are in 2 kms radius.

The only downside was that since it was off-season most of the nearby restaurants were closed :( .... If you are going in off-season I would recommend you buy & stock all breakfast / other general items from some supermarket on your way from airport / station.

I am definitely coming back here next time I visit Goa and possibly catch it in season! ...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Kolkata
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Fantastic - Lived upto the expectations set by all previous reviews.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Casa Mia, Goa? Share your experiences!