I visited Monterio with my husband and 6 year old kid in Nov. 2010. I have a timeshare membership with RGBC and have visited their properties in Phuket and Haathi Mahal in Goa. Compared to these two properties I can say that Monterio is very very disappointing. I had requested for an early check in and was informed that the only room available was on the 3rd floor. So my 5 year old and we had to go up and down a fleet of stairs which was very tiring. The property was extremely shoddy and absolutely neglected. Would rate cleanliness of the grounds as 2 on a scale of 5. Food quality was extremely pathetic for the price charged and we only ordered room service on 1 occasion. The good thing was that there was a convenience store in the premises, even though charged higher rates. The pool was dirty and my daughter and I saw a baby frog in it on the first day. They claim that they have recently refurbished the rooms but I guess those rooms were kept for their foreign guests. The entertainment programs organized by the resort were average at best.
To make things worse the resort water pump got spoilt during our stay and there was no water from morning to night for one whole day. :(
Another annoying factor is that there is no privacy at the resort since their marketing team organizes meetings for innocent visitors to Goa (by enticing them with a free holiday offer) and shows them around the resort throughout the day.
All in all this resort is definitely avoidable if you are planning a trip to Goa from a leisure and fun perspective.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Resorts: Royal Goan Beach Club at MonteRio, located adjacent to the Arpora river close to the very popular beaches of Baga and Calangute, is ideally suited for those looking for lively party and entertainment venues all within easy reach of the resort. Located on the slopes of an undulating hillside, facilities include two swimming pools, the "Poco Loco" Mexican restaurant, 24 hours reception, evening entertainment, gymnasium, game room, convenience store and excursion desk. Excursions and activities include river cruises, dolphin watching, beach and watersports, trips and excursions. As the resort is on a hillside, it is not recommended for handicapped guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Royal Monterio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Goan Beach Club At Monterio Hotel Bardez
- Royal Monterio Goa/Calangute