“My stay at divine guest house Baga” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Divine Guest House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calangute
Divine Guest House
You added Divine Guest House to your Saves list
River-Cross | Baga, Calangute 403516, India   |
Ranked #11 of 99 Hotels in Calangute
Dover, United Kingdom
“My stay at divine guest house Baga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I am planning to Return to Baga in January 2015 , on my return i will be staying at the Devine Guest house . I stayed there a couple of years back and was the most amazing and friendly place you could imagine. i traveled to Goa with family but they were all staying at another hotel down the road as they were all couples , i was on my own and wanted to stay somewhere different and could not have chosen a more wonderful place. Nancy and family looked after me so well it was like home from home. So guys i will be seeing you again in January and i look forward to staying with you again. :) I will be in touch very soon to give you my arrival date.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice , basic but very nice and clean
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ghatsila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Divine Guest House, Baga, in March 2014. I came to know of this place from the Lonely Planet South India & Kerala guide, which had a very favourable review of this place.

I booked my room on the internet. I exchanged emails with the proprietor, Ms. Nancy Fernandes. I deposited a part of my room tariff as advance. The rest I paid after checking in.

My stay here was very nice, and the place didn't seem like a hotel or a guest house at all. Nancy was very sweet. When I checked in, she told me that the single room I had wanted wasn't there, so she would put me up in a different room. I was a bit surprised. But I was even more surprised when I saw the room she had for me. It was huge! It was like a suite, in fact, with a huge bedroom, a huge double bed, AC, television, a separate dining space with a dining table and four chairs, gas stove, refrigerator, and a bathroom. All very neat and clean. Of course, I did not use all of them - not even the TV - because I would be at the beach till 3 A.M. and then just return to my room and sleep. Nancy was very supportive. She understood that people came to Baga to have fun. So she told me that I could keep my room key with me all the time, and I could return at any time I wished, whether at 2, 3, or 4 A.M. The only conditions: I was to make a silent entry and not disturb anyone at the guest house, and I was to latch the entrance gate after me so that cows and stray dogs didn't come into the guest house. I found the law and order situation in Goa very good. I would be out till 3-4 A.M., the beaches would be busy, there would be all-night parties, yet the roads were safe, taxis readily available.

I liked my room (or suite) very much, and I was so surprised I asked Nancy if I had to pay extra. And she replied very sweetly: "You have been upgraded. You don't pay extra for an upgrade."

The location is very good. It is on the non-busy side of the Baga creek. One has to cross the creek to go to the other side where the VERY BUSY Baga beach is and where all the action is. There are some very good eateries near Divine Guest House. I found one restaurant just at the end if the road where the creek joins the Arabian Sea. I liked the sumptuous English breakfast there. Then I ate at Le Poisson Rouge, J&A's and Lila Café which are very close by, just on the road leading to Divine Guest House. Of these three, I liked Lila Café the best, but I think it is open only for breakfast, lunch and evening snacks.

Nancy told me of local places and where to go. She informed me of the Saturday night markets: Mackie's (which is close by), and In go's (which is far, on the road to Anjuna, but I managed to walk, although it is NOT walking distance AT ALL).

the place is run by Nancy's family and all of them are very helpful people. There are also two dogs and two cats. All of them are friendly, except the huge rottweiler I was warned against.

Overall, Divine Guest House in Baga is a very lovely place, run by very good and helpful people. Through this review, I would like to thank Nancy and her family for all their warmth and hospitality while I was at Divine Guest House.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

I was in Divine somewhere around Sept last year.

This is my 3rd stay here and since Gavin n me including our friends were on a low budget, we decided 2 book the non a/c rooms.

There is not much of a difference between the a/c & d non a/c...there is no scope of disappointment whatsoever.

It's as good as the ac rooms..clean, tidy, hot water available 24 hrs, u have ur mini wardrobe as well as a mini refrigerator.

Plus there's this lil place like a porch to sit outside.

This is one place where I know I will always feel safe and b safe in Goa.

I couldn't get to meet Aunty Annie this time but I did meet Uncle Raymond..and he is such an amazing person. Just like family! It was great to be back at Divine.

My friends too liked the place a lot. Said it's so clean and tidy unlike when you go to these classy expensive hotels where they charge u a bomb but there's no homely feeling neither is d cleanliness upto d mark.

They too felt very safe and said it's worth every penny.

If you're really confused to stay here, please read the other reviews too abt this place and look no further. U can take my word that this is the best place you can get.

Of course it's on the quiet side but it's the best place to unwind. Divine definitely feels like home to mw now. And I cannot wait to come back!! Oh by the way, they've got two Persian Cats now :) and they're adorable! I couldn't take pictures of the place but hopefully I'll do that on my nxt trip which I hope will be very soon!

Uncle Raymond, although you were handling things alone this time, our stay was lovely and we all had a great stay. The tea was really nice..m not usually a tea drinker but I like the tea you prepared :) thank you for all your advise too!

Gavin n I send our best wishes and love to Aunty Annie. Hope to see you'll soon :)

Gavin n Sam (Bombay)

• Stayed April 2014
divinehome, Owner at Divine Guest House, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Gavin & Sam,

Thanks for your review on us and apologies in responding back on the same. Thank you for making us known that you all have enjoyed your stay with us at Divine.
It was lovely to see your detailed descriptions on our property including our pets.
We would love to have you back with us some day and are also glad to have you as our guests. God bless you
Raymond
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The most friendly, respectful, peaceful and easygoing guest house I have ever visited in Goa. If you’re looking for late night parties, the club scene or other nocturnal activities this probably isn’t the place for you. If looking for peace and quiet, a homely and relaxed atmosphere plus a very kind and genuine service then I can’t recommend more. A real gem!

Room Tip: A wide variety of room sizes with or without AC and TV's etc to choose from. My room was simple...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mischa,

Thanks for your review on us and apologies for the delay in responding to your great review on us. We really are glad to see your detailed review on us that would definitely assist many other guests to choose their accommodation in the Baga beach area. We also hope to see you back soon one day and yes thank you for being our guest once again. God bless you
Raymond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I really enjoyed my time at the Divine Guest House. It is nicely located across the river and is the place to go if you want calm and quiet sleep. The room was well furnished with a comfortable bed, AC, fan, TV and even a fridge. Try to book in advance, because it can get pretty full. I was lucky I got a room without prior reservation. The family is more than helpfull. Raymond drove me to a place where I could rent a bicycle and I could easily arrange my further trip with the help of Nancy. Thank you again!

There are a lot of people returning to the Divine every year. This speechs for itself.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
divinehome, Owner at Divine Guest House, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear Marcel,

It was great to see your review on us detailing on the rooms as well. You were also an amazing guest staying with us and enjoyed your company too.. we were glad to assist you and it was our pleasure. We also convey our best wishes for your future, God bless you and hope to see you in the future. From all of us at Divine
Whitehead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Brilliant base for my stay in Baga. This family run guesthouse lives up to its name - the family were friendly and welcoming while the accomodation is clean and safe. It is within easy walking distance of a few bars/restaurants along the beach but seperated from the main Baga strip by a small river so is removed from the busier parts of Baga but within walking distance if you want the nightlife. No hesitation in recommending Divine Guest House. Many thanks to Nancy and the rest of the family for making me feel so welcome. And with a nesting Purple-rumped Sunbird right over the entrance, this is an ideal base for people wanting to sample the excellent wildlife of the north Goa area. Good luck and hope to see you again.
Irish Ian

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Ian,

It was lovely to hear from you on trip-adviser and see that you were happy with your stay with us. Well explained in brief from the accommodation to the location we are situated. We were happy to see the picture of the bird nest which was at the time of your stay with us..looks very beautiful.
We hope to see you back in the future and wish you all the best. God bless you and regards from all of us at Divine.
El Cajon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I can't describe how much I felt like family at this guest house. All of my friends and family were worried about me being along in Goa for new years, but as a single woman traveler I felt completely safe at Divine Guest House. Annie, Nancy, and the whole family made me feel right at home. I am an animal person, and the pets at the guest house are so well behaved and sweet. If you're not a pet person, don't worry, the animals are extremely well behaved and will leave you alone. The room was so great, so comfortable and the location is GREAT. Steps from the beach! I had an amazing time at Divine Guest House and look forward to staying there anytime I'm in Goa :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Monica,
Thank you for a beautiful review on us. We were really glad to know that you felt safe staying with us. you have mentioned beautifully on our pets. We also want to tell you that you were an amazing guests and we have enjoyed your company the little time we spoke during your stay. We really wish you all the very best and hope to have you back with us one day in the future. God bless and regards from all of us at Divine guest house

Been to Divine Guest House? Share your experiences!