“The best getaway for a special occassion...Thank You Taj Exotica” 5 of 5 stars

Taj Exotica Goa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calwaddo, Benaulim 403716, India   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Benaulim
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“The best getaway for a special occassion...Thank You Taj Exotica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

It was our 5th wedding anniversary so we decided to opt for this resort since it was the Taj after all and had wonderful reviews online...At the end of our stay, we were really really glad for choosing to stay here....there were so many wonderful surprises that came our way once the staff knew it was our anniversary...truly overwhelming experience....great staff....beautiful and luxurious place...we will definitely have to come back after this and highly recommend it to all friends

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TajExoticaGoa, Manager at Taj Exotica Goa, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note we made your anniversary special and you enjoyed your stay and all the facilities at the resort .

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Exotica Goa in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Great amenities in a well manicured setting with amazing service. The food is great, if a little expensive. The pool and beach are lovely and the resort is so big it never feels crowded or busy, there's always a sun bed available.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay and all the facilities at the resort .

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We have just returned from our latest trip to India (we're seasoned travellers who aim to go every year around February). This time, it was Mumbai followed by a week at the Taj Exotia, Goa.

The Taj Exotica is an incredibly relaxing retreat in South Goa. We stayed in a villa room which was very spacious and cool with a super bathroom (a shower that you can languish in for some time)! All mod cons (a/c, wide screen flat TV with good selection of channels, terrace overlooking beautifully manicured gardens and very near the main hotel/golf course/fabulous swimming pool and beach). So quiet! Golf buggies if you want them to take you anywhere onsite and always prompt with friendly drivers. Copies of newspapers delivered to your door every morning before sunrise, fruit delivered plus delicious sweet items every evening). Turn down service immaculate.

The pool was super and never busy. Lots of spare sun loungers with plenty of towels upon request from the pool side. Beautifully manicured lawns with palm trees providing shade overlooking the beach.

The breakfast is amazing! There is a juice bar plus a myriad of freshly cut fruit. There are even freshly sprouted beans and pulses for the uber healthy! For the not so, there are croissants, sugary breads and the good old English breakfast! I personally loved the masala omelettes and there is a separate area with chefs conjuring up eggs to order plus dosas! Indian style breakfast is a must - I really need that sambar recipe!! In short, so much to choose from and something for everyone. Coffee and tea in constant supply from very friendly and able staff.

We went to the onsite Jiva Spa and had four massages between us. Such professionalism and decadent surroundings/music. An affordable indulgence! I would highly recommend it. You have travelled such a long way and really deserve it!

My husband and I played golf at 500 rupees per person. It's a lush 9 hole course which is in great order. Clubs are included in the price and caddies are available at 200 rupees. My husband took three separate golf lessons with an amazing golf pro called Johnson who has (unfortunately for me!) improved his game so much!! We also played tennis (there are two hard courts) and I attended a few morning yoga sessions which currently run from 8am to 8.45am and again in the afternoon. It's not dynamic yoga (although you can take additional more demanding classes if you want to) although it's so incredibly restorative and relaxing and a fabulous start to the day. Our yoga teacher was such a tonic.

We ate twice at the Taj (advise that you book the Lobster Shack in advance at it gets very busy, especially at weekends). There are also beach shacks independent of the hotel a short walk either side of the Taj on the beach.

The beach itself is wonderful - wide and sandy and the sea is incredibly warm and clean. We helped launch a local fishing boat which was a wonderful experience. Lots of shacks up and down the beaches for snacks, eats and drinks. "Pele's Water Sports" operates on the doorstep of the Taj - seemed reasonably well priced. You can also hire bikes to ride up and down the sands.

We ventured outside to a restaurant recommended to us called Martin's Corner. It was wonderful and very reasonably priced with plenty of Goan specialities. The only downside was the taxi fare from the Taj to Martin's Corner and back: 800 rupees (even after negotiations which started at 1,100 rupees at the main gate ie just outside of the hotel with independent taxi drivers)! I have travelled around India extensively since 2006 and cannot see how this inflated rate can be justified! It would appear that there might be some sort of price fixing/cartel in operation or political protectionism/vote bank. There are no shortage of taxi drivers (the majority standing around doing nothing!) and it seems that a bit of healthy competition is required!! We are happy to tip generously but we do mind being fleeced!! How is it that a Mumbai taxi driver is able to drive 25km in heavy, congested traffic for less than 300 rupees yet a Goan taxi diver won't drive less than 15km on easy, uncongested roads in an air conditioned taxi for anything less than nearly triple that??

That aside, our holiday was the perfect antidote to incredibly stressful lives in London. We shall definitely return. Thank you Taj Exotica! Please be proud of your staff (from the wonderful gardeners and maintenance crew to the more customer facing team members) they are all a complete credit to you and they have jointly convinced us that we shall return.

Best wishes,

Nicola and Sameer Patel

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Our 6th stay at the Taj Exotica Goa and better than ever.
From the moment that we arrived and until we departed the resort the staff took First Class care of my wife and I. Taj Hotels must take a big pat on the back for recruiting and training staff to such a high standard. All grades of staff are genuinely friendly and caring.
Having stayed here in its very early days there is a notably improvement all round. The quality of the food and the serving of the meals is better.The lap pools being added to the villas and the maturing of the gardens has added greatly to our stay. I had in years gone by always enjoyed staying in the cottages at Taj Fort Aguada for the wonderful flora and fauna; The Exotica has now caught up. Birds of so many species now share the gardens with large butterflies. Wonderful! The plants in flower and those waiting to bloom are perfectly managed by the gardeners.
The latter addition of the lap pools to some villas adds so much to the enjoyment of a holiday here these days. Push the boat out and try one.
The food has always been good, now its great. The Lobster Shack has often proved my least favourite of their 5 restaurants as I felt the fish was often over cooked. However having discussed with Dheraj the restaurant supervisor our preferences we ate probably 3 of the best fish meals ever. Tandoori large prawns & pomefret WOW!!!! Grilled Red Snapper----perfect. Served with fresh vegetables and stunning breads.
All of the restaurants are priced fairly. The wine taxes (of which theTaj have no control over) make the imported wines very expensive; the local Sula wines at £23.00 are not bad and are at least a third the price of the European examples and half the price of the Chilean and Australian wines.
We arrived very tired after a hard year but left refreshed and planning a return.

Room Tip: The lap pool villas are well worth the extra if you enjoy privacy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TajExoticaGoa, Manager at Taj Exotica Goa, responded to this review, February 22, 2014

Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This was our 6th visit to the Taj and we were not disappointed. What stands out more than
anything is the exceptional level of service you can experience from all members of staff
especially:
l Jabeen who welcomed us when we arrived
2 Synthea, Remy & Ritweai who looked after us at breakfast
3 Ranjan, Pascoal & Viscall our room boys who couldnt do
enough for us they were amazing
4 AAshim who delivered our Ice & Chocolates
5 A Shok Bisht asst Housekeeping Manager

All extremely courteous and did their best to make our holiday special.

We do feel the food and the drink in theTaj are expensive compared to outside
but we have no hesitation about recommending the hotel to anyone and look
forward to returning next year for three weeks

Room Tip: We have stayed in the main building and the villas both are very good, it you stay in a villa ask f...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have been here with my office team and I must say that their behaviour and attitude was very rude. Front desk was fine but other support staff was just not any 5 star hotel should have. They have a very big property and you can do multiple activities but the quality is terrible. It's near to beach and can enjoy that but very far from the main city. Food quality was also very average and nothing very nice to remember. Being Inner Circle member I was really disappointed to see this experience with Taj. This is the only taj property which I will never recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TajExoticaGoa, Manager at Taj Exotica Goa, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I would like to thank you for your feedback. It is with great concern I have made a note of your adverse experience during your stay at the resort. I would like to assure you that appropriate action has been initiated to ensure non occurrence of similar incidents

We at the Taj Exotica greatly value your patronage and I would request you to kindly treat this incident as a one of aberration and give us another opportunity to be of value to you.

Chandigarh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Words cannot describe the experience we had. We booked garden villa with plunge pool. It was very very spacious with beautiful interiors. The whole property lives upto its name EXOTIC. It is well spread, big lavish lawns,recreational activities, big common pool, cycles are available to roam around the property and a beautiful beach(almost private) in the backyard. The breakfast buffet is a must have as long as you stay. The best i have ever taken. Unlimited options and live counters.
But the bestest thing about the resort is its staff. we were amazed by the exceptional hospitality extended by the entire team. Every request from us received immediate personal attention and they went the extra mile to ensure that our stay was comfortable and memorable.Since we were honeymoon couple, they decorated our room and sent us flowers and cake. We regret we could not extend our stay.

Room Tip: villa with plunge pool
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Exotica Goa in the near future.

Been to Taj Exotica Goa? Share your experiences!