“A Real 5 star Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Benaulim
Christchurch, New Zealand
“A Real 5 star Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Six members of our family stayed here at the end of last year, and we have been dreaming of going back ever since! This hotel is truly a 5 star gem and just when we thought it couldn't get any better, it did! Rooms are fantastic and huge, food is excellent - we tried all the restaurants and never had a subpar meal, they were all delicious and of the very best quality! Staff is genuinely friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. This is quite possibly our favourite hotel in all of India, so far... and we have stayed in many, many places! The Spa is incredible, activities around the hotel are entertaining and fun, spotless, brand new gym.... simply an amazing hotel experience! I cannot recommend this hotel enough!! We will certainly be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed as a couple for a period of 2 nights (13/09-15/09) as a part of a medical conference in one of the cottage rooms( room no 605)and i must say that it has been an incredibly wonderful experience
Right from the time we checked in; we were pleasantly surprised to be informed that our rooms are ready (at 7:45 am!!!) and allotted...from that moment onwards; everything was just perfect...
About the hotel: situated at benaulim beach ; the hotel is situated in 56 acres, 40 of which are immaculately designed lawns and plantation and about 16 acres for the hotel rooms,
there are more than 140+ rooms a few of them belonging to hhotel units and the rest being cottage units
Everthing about the room is sheer luxury and every little detail ( bath-robes, room slippers, weighing scale,toiletries, 2 complimentary bottles of mineral water everyday, fresh fruits everyday) has been meticulously taken care of..the swimming pool, fitness centre, steam , jacuzzi, ayuveda centre..just about everything is state of the art..,.but what beats everything else is the property itself and the world class taj hospitality...polite, courteous, ever-helping and more importantly super-efficient...i have yet to experience this kind of hospitality anywhere else...
The property itself is incredibly well-maintained, eco-friendly and well in tune with nature....there has not been a single point to complain about during our stay,,.
all in all an incredible experience

Room Tip: go in for the cottage rooms ( to the left of the reception area) rather than the hotel units...cotta...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

What can you say about this hotel? All in all it's fantastic. A real 5 stars hotel (one of the very few I have seen in India - and not the most expensive) and one of my few 5 stars evaluation in tripadvisor.
The lobby, the staff, the restaurants (breakfast is great, food is good at the different restaurants) the bar, the pool, the spa, the gym (which is a real gym with good and up to date facilities and not, like other hotels have, a small room with 5-6 very old machines). It really looks like they are trying to take care of every detail.
The 56 acres of property are amazing and include 3 golf courses (obviously 2 very small ones and one executive), a tennis court, a nice swimming pool, 2 spas (the ayuervedic is great, I have not tried the other one). The beach is just across the little park/golf course in front of the main building. As we went there at the end o the monsoon period there where no shacks, deck beds or water activities. But the beach is nice and completely empty.
All in all, as I said at the beginning, this is a great place to be if you want to relax. Excellent.
We even had a very special treat as we were on honeymoon and every day they were kind enough to leave a little present in our room (a cake, a bottle of champagne, a bubble bath with rose petals, etc). Amazing!
My wife and I had a great stay at this hotel and, independently of the special attention we received because of our honeymoon, I can definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.
Of course, every place, even if it as good as this one and as well taken care of, has it's downsides. I am gonna list the few ones I have found just for the sake of delivering a complete picture:
1. I am not a great fan of their room furniture. Some of it is ok but definitely not my style and some pieces of furniture are just a bit oldish (sofa, etc.).
2. TV set and DVD: the TV is at least 15 years old. A flat screen TV is a must these days. The DVD player did not work. I asked the reception to change it which they did right away. However, the second set they brought worked for a bit and then got stuck. To be changed...
3. Internet: 10€ per day to use the internet is just too much. I honestly think that the internet should be included at such a hotel. On the upside, the wifi works all over the hotel and the speed is excellent. Other hotels will charge you as well but won't have such a good internet connection.
4. Taxi fee: I asked their travel desk for some basic info (how to get to the 'center' etc.) and where to get a cab. They offered to call a cab for me. Unfortunately, I discovered (they did not tell me) that even when just calling a cab they act as a travel agent and thus charge you (they have different tariffs if you call them or if the hotel calls them). It's not about the money but I think that a hotel must offer a basic information service and call a cab for guests without charging anything. And the ridiculous thing is that the taxi stand is just outside the hotel's main gate. So, if you call them, you will get one price (advertised at the panel outside the main gate) and if the hotel makes the call, you'll get a more expensive price. That just does not seem right to be and it's a big fall in style for such a 5* hotel. Yet, after 30 days of travelling in India, I'd call it "the indian way".
Honestly, I do not mind paying for a service and many of the services offered at the hotel are excellent (spa, restaurants, etc.) but I do not understand why they would charge me for calling a cab (and not even inform me about that beforehand).
5. The first little town is a 20-25 minutes drive away. So, if you are looking for some nightlife or for places to visit, I do not think this is the place you should go to. If you want to sit back, relax and let these people take care of you, then you should come to the Taj.
As said before, this place is great and these small "issues" are just to give travellers a complete picture (also take into account that I am a big criticiser :-)
Taj Exotica, please keep it up as I will certainly come back!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I went there on a family holiday for two days. It was the most spectacular hotel experience we have ever had. From the very beginning, they seemed to be crafting an experience for us. The train station pickup was efficient and cheap. We arrived comfortably. There were people at the main entrance to greet us, even late at night. A person to open the car door, one to escort us to the reception, one with hot towels, and one to offer us Goa's traditional Kokum drink. Our luggage reached our room without us having to think about it. Our fatigue disappeared quickly.

The rest of the two day stay was also pleasant. I have only good things to say about this hotel. The rooms were very beautiful and comfortable. Because they didn't have the room we requested, they upgraded us to a better room with an enormous bathroom and a pretty view of their grassy lawns and the sea in the distance. We got a chauffeured car to take us about the city. He was an excellent driver and a good guide. We comfortably and efficiently toured Panaji and Fort Aguada. There was so much to do at the hotel that we spent a whole day exploring the campus. A pleasant stroll on the beach, complimentary archery, swimming pool with towel service, free bike rentals, playing on a giant chess set were all very fun.

Although there was no free Internet (very expensive packages are available), there was a good selection of TV channels in the room. Food in the restaurants was expensive, but mostly good. The complimentary breakfast was very good, however.

I hope we get this level of hotel service elsewhere at some point (but with free wi-fi in the rooms).

Room Tip: The sea-view rooms don't actually have a good view of the sea. I don't think there are any r...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
beds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Quite honestly one of very best hotels we have stayed in anyhwere in the world and ther have been a few.

Wonderful breakfast , superbly kept grounds , I could go on , but just one more word

EXCELLENT !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kabul, Afghanistan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have spent a week in this hotel and found it one of the best hotel. it is located in south goa and is 40 to 45 mints drive from airport. All the staff is very frindly and the rooms are very clean . Its the best hotel to stay for couples and family. The villas has private swiming pool whihc is very nice .

Room Tip: rooms in high floors are better than rooms in low floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The resort is located on south west coast of Goa which is around 45 minutes drive from the Aiport . The lobby is big and beautiful. They have more than 100 rooms and most of the rooms are overlooking the sea.The rooms are spacious and have a private sitting area outside the room. Overall a very peaceful place .

The service is very good and staff are very courteous.
Overall it is a good hotel to stay with your family

Room Tip: Very good hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Taj Exotica Goa? Share your experiences!