Being RGBC red season members does not guarantee a vacation at the resort of your choice or at the week you choose. We had wanted week 52 at Monte Rio, however we were told that our only option was week 51 at Royal Palms and that too for only 4 people maximum occupancy.
Had read some pretty terrible reviews of this property on Trip Advisor, however decided to brave it.
Whilst we had an absolutely fabulous time in Goa, the hotel left a sour taste in our mouths. We had driven down from Mumbai and were exhausted after a 12 hour drive. It still took us more than half an hour to check in, and there were no toilet facilities available. We were given a room with no view ( not even the pool) . The room had sticky floors, the hall was not air conditioned and the worst was the bathrooms flooded. We spoke to the manager Mr Miguel Fernandes and he shifted us to another room.
Whilst this room fared slightly better in terms of cleanliness and an A/c hall it was extremely cramped. There was one bedroom and a pullout sofa in the hall to accomodate 4 people . The sofa was heavily stained and had crumbs in it. Once the sofa is pulled our it touches the TV table thereby cutting off all access. There was absolutely no storage ( just hangers , no shelves in the cupboard ) and we had to live out of our bags for the entire week. The plug points for charging require you to either move the furniture around to access them or to disconnect lamps .we had a toddler with us and the entire experience felt pretty claustrophobic. The housekeeping staff is downright rude, when we informed them that there was no cutlery in the rooms , they came and checked the oom and very suspiciously handed over a couple of forks and spoons. We tried to get room service on arrival but were told the kitchen is closed. We didn’t call them for the rest of the stay preferring to go to the much more accommodating restaurants and shops just outside.
This hotel would best be classified as a two star with a pool and spa thrown in. The RGBC representative tried to get us to attend one of the talks and even promised to try and shift us to Haathi Mahal , another of their resorts, however when he realized we are not at all interested in becoming members ( my parents are members) we didn’t hear from him again. Most of the staff came across as disinterested in their work or providing any service with the exception of Mr Fernandes , the lobby manager who was pleasant and accommodating. Every time we approached reception we came across people arguing about the lack of service
My advice is forget about taking an RGBC membership, instead invest that amount and use the interest to stay in a much better resort . In the AMC charges that we pay ,we can get a stay at a five star with all meals included for 2 nights 3 days .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Resorts Royal Goan Beach Club at Royal Palms is a beautiful time share resort with a selection of studios, one and two bedroom apartments. Landscaped with lovely gardens that also feature the palm trees that give the resort its name, this resort is just a ten minute walk to Benaulim beach. The RGBC at Royal Palms offers you the whole range of holiday amenities to help you have that complete vacation that you deserve. The 24 hour reception, gymnasium, beauty parlour and children’s activity programme all contribute to making your holiday as comfortable as possible while giving you the opportunity to discover the joys of Goan culture. Margao city the commercial hub of South Goa is just a 10 minute drive away if you like bustling markets and a spot of bargaining. You can also liven up your holiday with water sports, excursions and trips all organized by the travel desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Royal Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Goan Beach Club At Royal Palms Hotel Benaulim
- Royal Goan Beach Hotel
- Royal Goan Beach Resort
- Royal Goan Beach Benaulim
- Royal Palms Goa/Benaulim