Stayed for 3 nights at the Royal Palms, Benaulim with family including 2 young kids.
Firstly the hotel is located in South Goa and is quite close to the Railway Station Madgaon (20 mins). Also, Benualim is in this sweet spot in South Goa, where you are centrally located to all places in South and quite convenient to travel by highway to North Goa if you have to.
The hotel is about 15 mins walk from the beach and quite conveniently located with a lot of restaurants and shops close by.
Hence 4 star for the location.
The lobby is well furnished and we had a quick checkin. If you get your own car, they have reasonable parking about 50 meters away in a parking lot.
We got the rooms near the road and there were severe mobile connectivity issues and wifi connectivity issues, else the room was quite peaceful. They have a kitchenette completely stocked with required utensils and the norms in this hotel is for large families coming there and usually preparing their own meals.
The overall comfort of the room was 2.5 Star; the bed room had a queen size bed(which we thought was small) and there was a sofa cum bed in the hall which makes it convenient for extra persons. The furnishings, though comfortable were a little tired and this place needs some refurbishment in the coming days
The pool was quite good and it closes by 8:00 PM.
The convenience store, though small was very well stocked and quite reasonably priced.
Restaurant (La Trattoria)
The restaurant is a nice cozy place with okay food – however, you will be severely disappointed if you are looking for seafood. The rationale given by the waiter was that since most of the rooms have kitchenettes, most people prefer to cook and also, there are a lot of Gujarati families who are vegetarian. If you are looking for sea food try the beach side shacks or the restaurants across the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Resorts Royal Goan Beach Club at Royal Palms is a beautiful time share resort with a selection of studios, one and two bedroom apartments. Landscaped with lovely gardens that also feature the palm trees that give the resort its name, this resort is just a ten minute walk to Benaulim beach. The RGBC at Royal Palms offers you the whole range of holiday amenities to help you have that complete vacation that you deserve. The 24 hour reception, gymnasium, beauty parlour and children’s activity programme all contribute to making your holiday as comfortable as possible while giving you the opportunity to discover the joys of Goan culture. Margao city the commercial hub of South Goa is just a 10 minute drive away if you like bustling markets and a spot of bargaining. You can also liven up your holiday with water sports, excursions and trips all organized by the travel desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Royal Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Goan Beach Club At Royal Palms Hotel Benaulim
- Royal Goan Beach Hotel
- Royal Goan Beach Resort
- Royal Goan Beach Benaulim
- Royal Palms Goa/Benaulim