“Enjoyed our stay. Very friendly staff with excellant food and service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nagoa Grande Hotel

You added Nagoa Grande Hotel to your Saves list
Nagoa Grande Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No - 18/1, Nagoa Arpora, Bardez 403516, India   |
Ranked #39 of 83 Hotels in Bardez
New York City, New York
“Enjoyed our stay. Very friendly staff with excellant food and service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I and my wife stayed at Nagoa for 4 nights fronm December 18th to 22nd. Our package deal included airport transfers, breakfast and dinner. It is a nice property with large air conditioned rooms with balconies. We did encounter some initial hiccups at the check-in as we found that the hotel elevator was broken and our allotted room was not properly cleaned. The reception staff particularly Michelle, Raju and Param, were full of smiles, very friendly and helpful in rectifying the situation as well as during our entire stay. The dining room served excellent food with friendly and attentive service. The hotel is mainly patronized by Indians and overseas Indians and therefore it serves a variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian cuisine from all parts of India. Though the hotel is little far from the beach it does provide complimentary drop off facility to the Calangute beach. The Hotel has a good Spa facility, and my wife was very pleased with its services. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: For quiter rooms ask for rooms with a view of swimming pool on the higher floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Pune, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Hi,

Apologies for a long Review… But pls take time to read this. Will Really Help you…

Had been to this resort from 26th Nov 2012 to 1st dec 2012 through Country Club Promotion.

The excellent thing

>> We got an early check in at around 12 when we were really tired due to Hot Sun.
>> The rooms are spacious & all facing towards Pool.
>> Got the Bike @ 200 (Really cheaper as compared to other Bike owners ranging from 250 to 700)
>> Food is cheap
>> Pool is really clean.
>> Refrigerator in the room
>> House Keeping & room service were quick
>> Good Electronic Locker for Valuables

>> Hmmm, just thinking of something else, Oops, nothing more

Now the terrible Things

>> It was told during booking, that as a special case, we will give pool facing room @ same cost. OMG, all rooms are pool facing. Anyways, not a big issue...
>> Food is cheap, as compared, but taste is really bad. We were not able to finish one Navratna Kurma in two peoples. Just because I don’t like to waste food, somehow, I had finished it & never ate in the restaurant again during my entire stay.
>> You will have to wait for very long for any thing you order. Go to some nearby hotels if you are toooo Hungry
>> THE MOST IMP ... Very first night, there was a very heavy drainage smell coming from bathroom. We called the House keeping guy, & he cleaned the bathroom line & sprayed some freshener. It was better for some time. Very next day morning, same thing happened with more power & pressure, (think which we forcefully blocked in previous night came out). We again called house keeping & they done same thing again. When we returned back that night, the room was nicely cleaned but was not able to avoid that smell. The smell was same which usually comes from Un0cleaned Municipal Corporation gutters (drainage). This time we were not able to survive & thought, what HK would do as it’s not a blockage issue. It was something big issue. Thought to get a room change hence called reception. They said that the resort is divided into two owners (Nagoa Grande & Country Club). All rooms which are booked for country club are full & cannot be changed. I waited to get this night get over & speak with Country club officials next day. We literally spend our night in Balcony, around the pool, visiting some beaches. Next day I spoke to Country Club people & they got ready to get the room changed. Ohhhh Thank God...

BUT...

Even the changed room was in similar condition, not as earlier room but still as I said "Similar"
Later, they again agreed to change the room but I have refused, No point to change rooms 3 times in 5 days stay.

Believe me, as I have shown this to some officials of the Hotel & even they agreed regarding this issue.

I really do not blame HK or Room Service as it was out of their control. There was something big drainage issue.

>> The room was not painted; not a big deal but cant expect this in a 4 star resort.
>> The hotel is still under construction.
>> Mini bar on pool is not ready
>> You cannot take drinks near the Pool
>> Gym is available but only with 3 gyming machine out of which 1 is not working.
>> SPA, Gym is very small in around area of 150 to 200 sq-meters. (Not a big deal as you or any one will come to GOA for SPA & Gymming
>> No Luggage rooms if you have to check out late.
>> Its said that it’s only 5 KMS from nearest beach and hence as it feels comfortable in night when u return from a crowdy beach or from a disc for relaxation. You will not hear any car or bike sound. (Pls Mind that it’s just to impress you before booking). Pls note that 5 KMs is a very small distance in your city, but when u are in GOA, you should be as near as 1 KM or at the most 1.5 KMs away from the beach. This 5 Kms looks like 20 KMs when you think to go to beach at 12 or 1 AM. (This is very common in GOA). Road to beach is very lonely with no street lights.

>> Electronic Lockers but with master code available with ALL HK & RS guys.

>> You cannot carry outside drinks in Hotel... One staying in 4 star should not think this but also think that a beer which get in 50 rs & that too just 50 meters away from hotel, then should I go for the same beer @ 105. (Anyways, depends from person to person & time)

>> Got Bike @ Rs 200 but you will not believe, that this bike owner (later came to know that he was not the owner) has called me @ 1 AM & asked in a drunken sound, Where are you… OMG, what he has to do with it. Good that I was not sleeping. Later he said that the bike is not in the parking so he called me. Ohh Noo, what he expect that I should be in room @ 1 AM which is a actual roaming time in GOA. He haven’t noted that I was in room for entire day till 9 PM same day. And finally, what he has to do, when I have already taken a bike for 5 complete days & am also checked in same Hotel.
Now on the last day when I was required to return the bike, a different person, who was claimed that he is the owner of the bike demanded for 300 Rs per day. Literally have to fight & said that I have taken Keys from a different person & confirmed Rs 200 thrice before taking a bike from him. At last he has called that person & finally got settled as agreed (Rs 200).
Always confirm twice or thrice fuel level before taking & returning the bike.
When I have returned the bike, he just opened the tank & without seeing in the tank, he said, the fuel is less that what was there. It’s nearly empty & would not go till Petrol Pump.
NEW SHOCK, as I have dragged the bike for about half KM when I have take the bike & the fuel was half tank full when I have returned as I had made tank full due to the cheap rate for Petrol, It felt me great to fill fuel @ 55 Rs.
I have switched on the keys & started the bike & then showed him the petrol indicator level. He apologized but kind of language & tone he used was terrible
Note, I think that this is the fixed question when you return the bike.
Always confirm all above things before renting a bike from this Hotel Vendors.

Or the best things is to get a bike from some one from Mapusa (or from Paulo Travel, Mapusa). You will get this in same cost & they will not call you or trouble you once you have rented the bike till end of the agreement. Truly Professional…

Overall Experience >>>

Not a cost worth Resort even if offered by Country Club by paying admin fees only.
No point in going directly by paying normal room tariff.

I say, I had a complete loss of money. I paid for every night & was not able to sleep comfortably even for a single night. All because of Drainage Smell, rest all would be at least acceptable.

And if going, be sure to check the bathroom smell before check-in & ask for a replacement if there is even a small amount of smell. The small smell will attack you in night.

Don’t know that why this is not highlighted till now by any visitor on any review. Or might be that this was a temporary issue.

Any one faced same kind of issue…?

Room Tip: Check the Smell in the rooms Take rooms near to the hotel entry as this is a long streched hotel. W...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Recently i was on official tour with my boss in Goa. we always prefer to stay at Nagoa Grande only. Best Food, best service & Comfortable stay always attracts me to stay ther. This is my 5th visit to Goa and obviously 5th stay at Nagoa Grande. Rooms are quite big with all modern amenities. One more thing which i appreciate the most is hotel staffs are very polite. you have vehicles available easily outside the hotel. I really look forward next time to stay with my family. Cheers...........!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Me and my Parents been to this property and we found the resort very neat and Cleaned maintained. Service wise hotel is Excellent Also The main important thing of the Resort is their Beautifully maintained Garden where me n my family spend good time. Foood is yuuummy . We Get Number of rented bikes and cars next to the hotel only . Rooms are so spacious though we three of us stayed in One base category of the Room. Right from the Driver who came to pick up till the GM level all the staff are very friendly and coordinating. Beach is 3 kms from the hotel , but there is free shuttle to beach every hour in the hotel so this makes Guest more Comfortable. We all enjoyed a Good and Comfortable stay with Na Goa Grande . Thanks to Mr.Gawas (General Manager) , Mr. Parab - Front Office Manger , Ms. Rianna - Reservations manger For Making our stay more and more Memorable . Hope Next time whenever we Visit Goa will Plan for NaGoa Grande Only.

Room Tip: All the Rooms are Facing the pool only .
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

one of the best places to stay in goa rooms are very big well maintained food excellent nice pools.good location in north goa.transports available.very good comfortable stay at resort staff very polite and wellbehaved.scope to improve room service a little.otherwise a nice place for family to stay.

Room Tip: all rooms are similar
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A pleasant stylish Hotel set in a rural village in Nagoa in Bardez in North Goa. Once inside you could be anywhere in Goa... Decent size rooms with all facilities. Modern and spacious. All rooms with pool facing balconies... simple layout and good staff. Well kept pool... clean and used my many of the guests. Has a small childrens pools too. Excellent Spa facilitiy which is small but well kept and good spa services. Some parts externally need upodating and maintanence but nothing that is major.
Location may be an issue for some people as it is about 5 km from Calangute. However the hotel provides a regular shuttle service to the beach and also offers excursions. Well staffed who were very pleasant and extremely helpful. From room servcice to special requests for meals in the restaurant - the staff were very good - efficient and friendly.
Very reasonably priced, this hotel has a lot to offer if you can cope with the remote location!
Not suitable for a long stay due to its location but for a week or so it has a lot to offer...

Room Tip: All rooms face pool and gardens... would not recommend rooms at the far end due to smaller balconies...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
INDORE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was offered this by country club.
The hotel is very nice with spacious rooms and clean swimming pool with above normal temp all the time. The staff is very cooperative and well-behaved It is 4 km from calangute beach but if u love driving two wheeler it is not a big issue rather u will enjoy the flora on road. BEWARE of one thing the hotel will allow the check in and check out time and date as per your voucher only so dont rely on what the country club people say to you. so plan your train timings of arrival as per your check in timings.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on second or third floor to get a better view of pool. all rooms are pool facing
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Nagoa Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!