“Recommended for the first visit in India/初インドにお薦め” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Satsanga Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bardez
Satsanga Retreat
You added Satsanga Retreat to your Saves list
no C/93, Naika Vado, Bardez 403 510, India   |
Ranked #27 of 141 Specialty Lodging in Bardez
Osaka, Japan
“Recommended for the first visit in India/初インドにお薦め”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

何を観たい、何を買いたい、という相談をすれば、案内してくれます。
ドライバーさん以外のスタッフもとても親切。ゲストとほどよい距離感で接してくれます。
マッサージやオイルトリートメントをしてくれるイギリス人夫妻のスタッフや、ネイルやフットマッサージ担当のインド人女性も、皆さん素敵でした。

また機会があれば、ぜひお世話になりたいです。

I joined a group tour from Japan, which was planned by a Yoga studio.
The program was planned by the studio, so mainly mention the facility and service.

As it was my first trip to India, I was a little nerves, but it turned out to be such a great place. Well-decorated colorfully, so many flowers in bloom here and there... it might be because the owner is a lady from America, I really felt her good sense and hospitality.
I stayed a room on the ground floor(means 1st floor), which was very clean and nice except I found a lizard one night... well, it was within my expectation.
The meal was great. 3 meals everyday, you can enjoy ayurvedic vegetalian buffet, which was really nice! I am not vegetarian usually, but I never imagine vegetalian foods can be such creative and varied. I was even healthier and more energetic while I was there than in Japan...

A little bit away from city center or beaches, their contract taxi drivers will be a big help to you. They will ask what you would like to see or buy, and then will take you to the right places. Not only them, all the staffs there are very friendly and helpful. I also loved the English couple who offer nice massage & oil treatment, and the Indian lady who offer foot massage and nail-care.

I really hope I will have a chance to visit there again. A place you can find a smile like bougainvaillea.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Thats a cosy reteat, we may say hotel, in the North part of Goa. Rooms are comfortable and clean, food is healthy and delicious, vegeterian only. Guests can use pool in any time of the day. Yoga option is included in a package. Besides, SPA treatments are available as extra. Friendly and helpful staff. For the time to rest, I do recomend to rent scooters just at the reception desk if you like to enjoy freedom, discover local villages and to drive to the sea.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manama, Bahrain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was looking for a place where I can spend a few days practicing yoga and enjoying peace and nature. This place was just perfect!

I was impressed by the level of attention to detail in the place – I had everything I needed there; a clean comfortable room, 2 yoga classes a day, absolutely delicious ayurvedic meals, warm and welcoming hosts and full info on nearby tourist attractions.

For my short 5-day stay, I didn’t even want to go out much – I had it all there, including a refreshing swimming pool.

Jodi and Olaf (the owners) are lovely very knowledgeable hosts. The staff, consisting mostly of local women, are very friendly. And the pets are fun to be around. The place has a lovely family-feel to it in many aspects.

I highly recommend the place – whether you’re a yogi or not, it’s the place to be to relax– and am definitely going back there again!

Room Tip: The further you are from the reception/pool area the more quiet it will be.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

This retreat was one of a kind. We stayed here (2 women) for three nights after a long trip to the major cities in India. They cater mostly to yogis but is is added in the price and definitely not mandatory. The yoga I did in the morning was very good, and it was so peaceful and inviting in the room they did it. I also had a massage here, which was outstanding and a very good price as well. They are privately owned and it is a family type atmosphere. The food is outstanding, healthy and served family style around a big table. The staff is VERY helpful, and go out of their way to make your trip one to remember. They have a big "staff" of taxi drivers that can take you anywhere for virtually nothing but are polite, friendly and speak good english. We rented scooters one day we were there and had a great time scooting around Goa with the help of one of the locals all day long. The rooms are very big and updated with nets around the beds since they don't have air conditioning. I always felt safe as a woman leaving my doors and windows open all night while I slept, as the whole retreat has great security, 24/7. The animals are very friendly as well and will join you in your room as a nice, surprising "homey touch". I will definitely be back to partake in this awesome little retreat! I felt so rested when I returned home!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

This is the perfect place. I did a yoga retreat here in April 2012. Satsanga caters for experienced yogis and beginners alike. You can also just stay here and not do any yoga, or stay here and do yoga elsewhere. It’s a great place to use as your base, and the local taxi drivers can take you to lots of interesting places and bring you back for next to nothing (in Western terms). Exceptionally welcoming. The owners will go out their way to make it a pleasant hassle free stay. Fantastic food. I will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms have fans but no A/C. Fans suffice.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Satsanga Retreat? Share your experiences!