“truly an oasis of peace” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yogamagic Eco Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anjuna
Yogamagic Eco Retreat
You added Yogamagic Eco Retreat to your Saves list
1586/1 Grand Chinvar, Anjuna, Bardez 403509, India   |
Ranked #3 of 43 Anjuna B&B and Inns
Vienna, Austria
“truly an oasis of peace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

yogamagic is truly an oasis of peace and calmness in the middle of sometimes hectic india. exceptional good food, very nice and friendly staff, and absolutely beautiful tents, which feels like being out in the nature, but protected:-).

it is admirable how much efforts the team puts into achieving sustainable and eco alternatives...a place to stay when in goa!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Yogamagic Eco Retreat is a place for relaxation and unwinding after hustle-and-bustle of city life. Yoga practice was amazing.
You can stay either in eco tent (rather simple) or in one of the suites, both options are good. The food was healthy, energizing and delicious.
The beach is quite far but there other things to focus on.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This review is long overdue. My husband and I stayed at Yoga Magic a couple of years ago and still talk about what a great experience it was. We stayed in one of the suites which was a perfect place to spend our honeymoon. The decor of the room was so relaxing and made it the perfect place to unwind. I can't say enough amazing things about the food, they were some of the greatest dishes I had ever had in my life. It really helped me rethink my feelings on vegetarian food and was just the motivation I needed to start and continue a healthy diet when coming home. Pete our yoga instructor was fantastic. He has a very kind and comforting way about him. I had only been doing yoga for a couple of months when I visited Yoga Magic and Pete's approach to teaching translates over to all levels very nicely. I did a one on one lesson with Pete while I was there he not only encouraged me to pursue a daily yoga practice but also helped me to rethink my current lifestyle and routine. I'm happy to stay I'm still practicing yoga now and that's partly from the motivation I received from Pete. Lastly I wanted to mention Yoga Magic is still an awesome place to visit if you don't practice yoga. My husband tried it while he was there and it wasn't his thing. He just choose to unwind in our room or by the beautiful pool which is equally as relaxing! There's absolutely no judgement from anyone there for not doing yoga. We live in the US but really hope we can make it back there someday!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Yoga Magic is a peaceful oasis in the middle of Anjuna. I stayed here for eight nights and was part of a yoga retreat for seven of those nights. The service was amazing! I had been travelling around India for three weeks prior to arriving and it was so nice to be welcomed into the retreat so warmly. I stayed in both an eco tent and one of the suites and I would recommend both experiences. The food was spectacular - particularly the breakfasts. You can order tea to be delivered to your room/tent in the morning and order food to be delivered poolside during the day. If you are staying in an eco tent it has shared facilities and an eco squat eco toilet. If you are not keen to experience this then book a suite to ensure you have your own shower and western toilet. It is quite far from the beach so you do have to travel by taxi or auto rickshaw to get there, but the staff will advise you of the standard price. Also our taxi driver had trouble finding the retreat as there are no signs, so it's best to organise an airport pick up. The tents have a beautiful view of the sunset and the suites have the views of the sunrise. The massages by Vishnu are great as well! This is a fabulous place to relax, eat delicious and healthy food and practice meditation and yoga.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I travelled to Yoga Magic in December 2011 with my partner. It was my first trip to India and I did not know what to expect. I found that Yoga Magic was the perfect place to stay for the first time traveller but it would equally suit someone that had travelled here before.

It is located a couple of miles from the nearest beach but that really didn't matter as the taxi fare to the beach was less than £2 and there is a lovely pool to use anyway. Our tent, the orange tent, had the most amazing views of the surrounding countryside and we watched the buffalo grazing with egrets sitting on their backs, eagles soaring and loads of other wildlife that made the experience something like being on safari in Africa. It was well worth being slightly inland. The tent itself was beautiful; it was a piece of art in itself and I felt like the most privileged person on the planet to staying in it. It was so beautiful and there was every attention to detail possible. I wondered at first what it would be like to use a composting loo but at the end of the 2 weeks away I didn't want to come home and use a normal one!
I found the food really delicious and to know it was healthy too was a bonus. The yoga was great but you did not feel like you had to do yoga to be there, which was nice as my partner does not practice yoga.
The owners of the hotel, Phil and Ishi, could not do enough for you and their enthusiasm for the hotel was self evident. They got to know all of their guests and made special provisions for people to cater their every need.
I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone on a trip to Goa for a night or two at least whether they are there for some yoga or not. It is a marvellous place to relax and take it easy without all the tourist trappings of being in a resort.

Room Tip: The Orange tent has great views and it is so glamourous it does not feel like camping. There are ro...