“Relaxing place.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peace Land

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Anjuna
Peace Land
Save Saved
You added Peace Land to your Saves list
Anjuna, Bardez, India   |
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Anjuna
Hyderabad, India
“Relaxing place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Calm & neat place to stay ... Great location.

+ves: Just off the main road yet such a silent place, well maintained, clean rooms, good service, cute doggies (-ve if you aren’t a dog lover as I am), family run establishment so its arguably safe, value for money (room-rental).

-ves: Beer was expensive (almost as much as a shack on Baga would charge you), can't park your vehicle inside the premises (which was surprising considering the space available inside).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Quite frankly I'm stunned by the reviews of this Guest house..I've been here 3 times this 3 month trip..I've been coming to India for 20 yrs..the last 10 as a travel photographer and this place and the couple that run it are one of the nicest I've met! Very clean airy rooms..at a very decent rate, I'm more than happy. 'Aggressive dogs' well the 3! that are here are v friendly..Child labour? she always has a smile and is treated like one of the family..I can only suggest the people that wrote these 'reviews' have their standards set too high..whatever they are..or at best it's their first trip to India, I can't go through all the comments, most are too ridiculous in my book,either way..It's a good idea to travel the rest of the country if you need a comparison...I've stayed in some hellholes trust me and this is light-years away from being one of them! ...I've also posted some properly exposed photos..have a look and see for yourself! In a nutshell..great place..stay there!!

Room Tip: I've stayed in a couple of single rooms on either side of the courtyard..both good..larger doubl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

firstly the name "Peace Land" is completely misguiding, the pack of 5 flea ridden dogs the owner keeps are a very real problem they do (as someone else previously said) bark at random intervals throughout the night and day at what seems to be nothing, they also use the chairs out side the rooms as beds.

we were looking for somewhere to stay and came across this place and checked out the room, the bed looked comfortable enough (by Indian standards) the room we looked at didn't have a hammock out side as my partner said she wanted but it wasn't the end of the world. we also checked they had wifi which the lady said they did, so we paid a deposit of 1000rps for one night and came back a few days later we said we wanted to stay about 6 nights when we were asked and then the woman demanded we pay for the whole stay there and then. given the fact it was as far as we could see nice place, so payed, this was a mistake.

the woman then kindly informed us that she had saved us a room with a hammock, great! until we go in the door we didn't pay much attention to the bed and just dumped our stuff and when out for the night, and ended at Cubana (any one thats been to club Cubana knows your not coming back sober) so that night we passed out the next morning when the sheet peeled back we saw the state of the 30mm thick "mattresses" and "pillows" they looked like they had been thrown out by the local prison. we asked if we could have the rest our money back as we had decided to leave for Hampi in 2 days time they simply said "no the monies gone to the owner- mumble, mumble- you can't have your money back- mumble, mumble" after that i tried asking for one of the other rooms that we looked previously or just an extra mattress because that was the main reason we decided to stay there, their response was that we should have told them earlier, and that they might be able to move us on monday, and that was the end of it, we ended up sleeping with one disgusting mattress on top of the other, luckily they were 2 single beds pushed together. in the end they never moved us.

Be aware that they do not tell you you have to pay for the WIFI 60rp per hour.
We didnt eat in the restaurant but a large kingfisher premium is 120rps the most expensive iv seen in Goa, even compared to the beach side bars. I just bought beers at the local shop for 50 each.

there were no curtains in our room and 2 high ceiling lights so you cant even hang your own towel (because they don't supply them or toilet roll or soap) to block the light out in the mornings, but the dogs will be barking so don't expect a lay in in the mornings.

They use a local girl probably no more than 12 years old to do the cleaning and pretty much everything while they sit around all day. the girl defiantly does not go to school.

I only wish I had checked on here before making the biggest mistake of my 3 month trip to India. please avoid this place!

Room Tip: I can't see how any of the would be quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Looks nice but the managers lie! Showed us a nice room but then put us in a crap room! Dirty, Concrete mattress, horrible dirty pillows (mold actually all over them) the door lock was so difficult to lock, LOUD DIRTY dogs (I swear 8 of them) that slept on all the outdoor furniture, and they barked ALL NIGHT! Really I'm a very hard sleeper and they kept me up all night! Most mornings the water did it even run, they people were jerks, charged 4 times the amount for a bike rental, oh and band aids on the mosquito net to cover the holes!! How gross! 20+ countries I have visited and this was by far the worst!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We arrived in Anjuna after a train ride from the south (train to Thivim then bus or tuk-tuk to Anjuna). Saw a sign for this pace just off the main road and popped round to have a look. Really nice spot with massess of colourful plants a small bar area and hammock outside each room. We asked to see a room and the price and immediately took it. Rooms have mosquito nets and fans. No towels in bathrom though. Really enjoyed our 2 days here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vientiane, Laos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I'm surprised to see what has been written here for reviews for this place in the past and can only assume that it seems to have changed since these reviews.

We arrived in the evening and asked to see a room which are set around a nice garden. When i saw the double room which is spacious with your own bathroom i loved it - it's different to normal rooms and very airy. The price was only 600 Rs and i found that this was very good value.
The only thing is you dont get towels and the sheets aren't amazing but they definately do the job.
The room was spotlessly clean so no complaints there. However i will say that the price of extras was a little disproportionate to the price of the room. Such as: The wifi cost 60Rs an hour and the laundry cost 20Rs per item. And also we wanted to use a shower after we had checked out which cost us 100Rs each!! Just for a shower! Thats a third of the price of the room for a night once we had both had a shower for 10 minutes.

There are 4 dogs on the properties so if you are not a dog lover then dont stay here but while we were there the dogs were not aggressive. They bark when an intruder comes into the gates (gates arent locked but are shut at night) but once they know you arent a danger they are very friendly and they had a new labrador puppy who we played with the few days we were there.

We didn't eat in the restaurant there as it didnt appear to be working.

I will say that there is a rather strange member of staff working there who seemed like he was on drugs or something as anything he said made no sense and it took him ages to register that you'd asked him something before he'd turn on his heel and stalk off only to return half an hour later with requested item (top sheet in our case). Very strange and i always wondered what he was mumbling to me.

I would reccommend this place from my experience though as we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Eskilstuna, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Almost everything differed from what lonely planet wrote.

- Budget choice? NO, 600 Rs for double room turns out to be 1200 Rs 2012. Even with Indias 10% inflation thats not even close.

- Run by friendly couple? NO, didn't get a "Hello or Goodbye", no "welcome" when first arrived and if you tried to ask them something, the only thing you got back was an rude answer.

- Their great little restaurant cooks some great Indian food? NO, first of all, they dont serve indian food. They only serve breakfast, and barely that. When we sat down in the restaurant the first morning the guy who seems to be a bit social handicapped went by us, without giving us the menu and got on a scooter and left. Talk about service.

- First place we have been to with this fixation on money. First night we paid 1½ night since we arrived late and didnt have more money. We told him we would bring the rest in the morning, we he kept on telling us he wanted our money NOW!!

- This social handicapped guy, which barely understood english, is pretty much the one we were in contact with. Dont bother asking him something unless your satisfied with some random mumbles. He never asked for our names, but he still kept on "following" us and waited outside of our room and using a voice of Gollum when he talkes about his "precious". With that voice he kept on saying my girlfriends name "sssSara, how are you" or "where is ssSara"?

- I liked the cleaning lady the best, since she didnt bother us and actually seemed to be doing something valuable for the customers.

Wouldn't reccomend this place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Peace Land? Share your experiences!