“A great hotel perfectly,situated for a quiet stay but near to the beach, bars and restaurants.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spazio Leisure Resort

You added Spazio Leisure Resort to your Saves list
Spazio Leisure Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Starco Junction, Anjuna, Bardez 403509, India   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Anjuna
Chippenham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

On arrival the reception staff were very helpful and check was quick and efficient. Our room was a good size, very clean with a nice large comfy bed. The bathroom was clean, fully functional with a very nice shower. Breakfast was good with the usual selections of toast, eggs, fruit, juice, tea and coffee. The restaurant for the rest of the day provided very good food at a reasonable cost and had a fully stocked bar! We used the laundry service which was excellent however a little more expensive than we normally expect to pay. We hired a scooter from the hotel for the day which was very good value at only 250 Rs plus fuel. My wife inadvertently dropped her Eternity ring in bed one morning which thankfully the house cleaning staff discovered when changing the bed linen. The Hotel is just on the periphery of the main nightlife so was not too noisy and it was only a few minutes walk from many bars and restaurants and about 15 minutes walk to a very nice beach.

We didn't like having to pay our bill up front on arrival, it's not the first time it's happened but it's certainly not the norm. We also didn't like the fact that when paying with a credit card you HAVE to select either GB Pounds/Euro/US Dollar as the payment currency. We have a very good credit card that gives an excellent exchange rate in all LOCAL currencies however in this instance our 6 night cost us an extra £5 in charges that the hotel pocket! The WiFi was OK much of the time however we had one unannounced password change interspersed with many signal outages which was not helpful.

Room Tip: Try to book a room away from the road and as close to reception as you can. The road noise will dist...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ryanrodr, Owner at Spazio Leisure Resort, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. I am happy to know that you were satisfied with our services and our restaurant.

I have honest staff working with me and I am glad this was proved by the ring being returned. This does make me more happy then anything else

The credit card machine provided by the bank is swiped in Indian rupees. It just gives you a conversion in your preferred currency so that you are aware what it has cost you (In your home currency). We do not earn anything extra as its swiped in rupees and all bank transactions in India are rupee based. Our policies on payment are clearly mentioned on all sites including ours, so as not to surprise a guest when he arrives at the resort

I hope you do stay with us once again when you visit Goa in the near future

Ryan Rodrigues

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Spazio Leisure Resort 20 to 24 January. This was my second visit to this hotel and as previous, I was most impressed by the service of Ryan and his staff. The car was at Thivim railway station to meet my off the Mandovi Express from Mumbai as requested.
The room was clean and functional, with the cheapest mini-bar I've ever seen and a lovely swimming pool.
The hotel is ideally situated close to the Oxford Arcade supermarket and restaurants, but far enough away from the clubs and party areas to ensure a quiet and relaxing holiday. While I was in Anjuna, I took a lesson in Indian cookery with Mukti, whose posters are on most street lamps. I will be trying out my cooking skills very soon.
I think that this small family run hotel offers excellent value for money, and wouldn't hesitate in recommending it.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest

It was great having you back once again. I am absolutely delighted that we met your expectations and you had a pleasant stay with us. It was great having a chat with you .

Thanks for recommending us to your friends and look forward to seeing you here again

Dehradun, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

we have booked this resort after a lot of research on trip advisor and found all those things true....
Few of its qualities are-
1-The rooms are really big and very comfortable.
2-cleanness is my priority and this hotel was good enough for me
3-the staff , the genuine care and warmth one experiences that sets this place apart from the other hotels and resorts.
4-clean swimming pool
5-last but not the least its Portico restaurant n bar....quality food at a very good price....
like to mention Rajma Palak dish...thanks to chef.
a lil bit dis-pointed with its near by Anjuna beach..... as its crowded and not clean....
this hotel made my trip very comfortable.......in the end like to mention the name of vry operative owner RYAN... not able to meet him personally but will meet u next time.....
1 more advice is please make bookings directly through hotel..rather than other sites...
Ryan please convey my special thanks to Sachin....our goan friend....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thanks for such a lovely review on Trip Advisor. Its a pleasure to know that our guests have a great time and leave happily. I am glad that your family had a great time

Will definitely pass your compliments to our kitchen and your special wishes to Sachin :)

Look forward to having you stay with us once again and will definitely meet up the next time you are here

Shropshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

This has got to be the cleanest hotel we have ever stayed in! We had a quiet room, away from the restaurant, which was excellent. The bed was comfortable and the balcony was a haven to sit on and chill out. The air conditioning worked well and the room was quiet and dark. Breakfast was complimentary and was ok. The only minor gripe was that if, like us, you value peace and quiet, avoid Wednesday and Sunday night stays to avoid the Karaoke, but we would stay at Spazio Leisure Resort again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the restaurant
Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am happy that you had a fantastic stay with us and our facilities met your expectations

The team and I are extremely pleased when our customers are delighted!!

Look forward to having you as our guests once again

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

At £35 a night the Spazio is very good value for money.. our room was extremely spacious (3x the size of the previous guest house we were in!).. the bathroom was clean, the bed extremely comfy and extra large. We had a little balcony over looking the pool. It was perfect.

We stayed for 3 nights and spent 1 day at the pool and 2 at Little Vagator beach which was a miles nice walk away along the road and across a football pitch.

The attached restaurant was ok, nothing special. Breakfast was average and the one meal we did have was nothing special compared with some of the restaurants in Vagator and Anjuna.

The only down-side to our stay was the location of our room, we were right next to the restaurant/bar so we could hear the music through our walls till they closed and also we could hear the staff in the kitchen arriving for breakfast in the morning. Everything seemed to echo!

The manager was extremely helpful, we organised a waterfalls trip through our taxi driver and when we asked the price through Spazio he said the hotels charge would be more expensive so to go with the local taxi driver which i thought was nice of him.

I would definitely return

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get the ground floor room next to the restaurant!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am glad you had a fantastic stay with us and you were satisfied with the overall services provided

We do have entertainment twice a week which we shut by 11:30pm. Most of our guests enjoy these nights and have encouraged us to continue to do so as it makes the resort lively in the evenings

I would like to clarify out taxi rates are on par with the rates quoted outside. It also depends on the type of car and comfort provided. Would really like to know this manager as we do not have one for the property and I am hands on most of the time managing the place

I would love to have you guys back again and ensure that we exceed your expectations even more

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

While holidaying in Goa, my husband and I stayed at the Spazio Leisure Resort. The guest rooms here are warm, comfortable and very homely. Nothing to fancy or ornate, the rooms are adequately furnished with an LCD TV, a mini-bar and the bathroom has a shower cubicle. We were very happy with room service and the staff was sweet and amicable. The best part about our room was the balcony that faced the pool-side. The food at the hotel was a combination of authentic Goan cuisine, coupled with Indian flavours. We truly relished our meals during our stay. If you are visiting Goa any time soon, this resort is definitely your home away from home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ryanrodr, Owner at Spazio Leisure Resort, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks for taking time in sharing your experience on Trip Advisor

I am happy that you had a lovely stay with us and all our services and facilities met your expectations. Its a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our food at our restaurant. I will pass your compliments to our F&B team who will definitely be pleased

Such wonderful feedback from our guests will certainly motivate and inspire my team to work harder.

Look forward to welcoming you back very soon to Goa and Spazio Leisure Resort.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is a small boutique hotel. It was comfortable, clean and the staff were extremely helpful.
It felt like "home away from home". We enjoyed our stay and hope to return in the near future.
Will recommend it to fiends in Canada.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

You did stay a long time with us and had the opportunity to experience Spazio Leisure Resort to the fullest. It was a pleasure meeting you and hope seeing you again shortly

Ryan Rodrigues

Been to Spazio Leisure Resort? Share your experiences!