“Good but can be better...” 4 of 5 stars

Spazio Leisure Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Starco Junction, Anjuna, Bardez 403509, India   |
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Anjuna
New Delhi
“Good but can be better...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Just back from Goa and had a lovely stay at Spazio. To get to the point let me immediately get to the Pros and Cons. Starting with the Pros:
1) Spotlessly Clean - The resort and its staff are always there picking every leaf, every spec of trash or cleaning or mopping the floors. The rooms are done cleanly by the time you are back. The pool although small is cleaned I think twice or thrice in a day. My kids were using it and I had no trouble with any rash or other issues
2) Swift Staff - The housekeeping staff is quick to react. I had some small issues with ants in one of my rooms and they were quick with repellents and room fresheners. The restaurant staff is again quick to get you tea etc. if you want room service. Let me add that I went in the offseason and with maybe lesser occupancy they had more time on their hands. I would assume in season they do ramp their staff. Again the plus point from reception to housekeeping, they were all smiling and I did not have any issues with them being averse to performing their duties. Being a small boutique resort, most of the staff is multi-skilled and knows almost everything about everything and this can be an advantage. Full marks to also Tavern runners Edwyn, Namrata, (Forgot the name of Edwyn's wife)
3) The Resort - in itself is a nicely done piece of architecture. Cleanly laid, my kids had a whale of time in the small pool. We had 2 interconnected rooms with a small patio type area facing the pool. It was fun sitting in the area and facing the cool monsoon breeze during mornings.
4) Taxi - The resort has a good setup with a taxi company and their cabs are clean, drivers on time and well behaved. Our driver Sachin especially was wonderful. If you are a family, and have a budget to spend about 1500-2000/day (during off season) in a AC cab (and believe me its still economical), the hotel can guide you well.

Cons
Again, as I mentioned earlier this is a small boutique value for money resort and if you are expecting some privileges doled out in bigger places, you would be disappointed. However let me lay out what I say as the pros per my experience:
1) The Kitchen - Ok, this has been raised many a times in multiple reviews in TripAdvisor, but yes its an issue. The 6 days I was there, apparently their cook was unwell (all 6 days) and a makeshift person (the wife of Edwyn who was running the Tavern) was cooking the morning breakfast which of course was limited to anything to do with eggs (Again not her fault and they did their best). The breakfast menu was typically toasted breads, corn flakes, and poha or bhaji. They have a smallish room service menu consisting of continental items but not many were available owing to non-availability of cook. If you are a family with kids, who maybe prefer home food or say the north India type of food like paranthas etc., you would have to make alternate arrangements. I must say that while I knew about the small kitchen, I was disappointed with the breakfast.
2) Road outside - A fallout of the non-availability of room service items and proper restaurant, on days we were in the resort, we had to walk down to a nearby place called Eatopia which is a multi-cuisine place. Not sure if Ryan can do something about this, but that stretch of 5 minutes is completely dark. During off season, there are no better restaurants in the vicinity.
3) Anjuna Beach - OK the nearby Anjuna beach is like a 10-15 min walk (depending on how fast you walk), is basically a rocky beach. Of course its beautiful in its own sense, but don't expect a sandy beach. For that you need to go to South of Anjuna (which has the awesome shack Curlie's). That is not walk-able and can be reached in a cab or in a 2 wheeler.

Some quick pointers:
1) The Resort can also be reached via Anjuna police station on one side
2) Vagator beach is about a 10 min ride. Curlie's or South of Anjuna is also a 10 min ride
3) During season, there are a no. of eateries (to be reached by cab or 2 wheeler) which can also be visited - Burger Factory, Dominos, Cafe Lambretta etc.
4) ATMs are many, the nearest being HDFC near Anjuna
5) Oxford Arcade is a supermarket about 3 mins walking distance from Spazio, open from 830 AM to 830 PM.

However, to sum it up, clean resort, cute goan architecture, within the limited food options we had, all were of good taste, great team...I am sure Ryan is already working on the feedback and is aware of some of the areas to work on..

Room Tip: All rooms are pool facing. The ones on the ground floor are interconnected so helpful if you are fam...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ryanrodr, Owner at Spazio Leisure Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Spazio Leisure Resort.

I am happy to note that you found our team attentive, felt that they looked after you well and you were comfortable with your stay with us. Yes, we are not perfect and constructive feedback does provide us the opportunity to improve and ensure that our guests are happy

We aim to better our services and be the preferred resort when guests want to stay in Anjuna

Thank you for your comments and I look forward to your return

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Granada, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This place is clean, When i arrived staff were so helpful and friendly, and took us straight to my room which was a big ,bright, clean & poolside room with very comfortable bed .Its a 10 minute walk to the anjuna beach , breakfast was ok but any way ai enjoyed my stay & definitely i will stay there when ever i go to Goa.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ryanrodr, Owner at Spazio Leisure Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for having posted your "Excellent" review on trip advisor!

It is indeed a pleasure to read such positive,encouraging comments about the property and our dedicated staff

We look forward to having you as our guest yet again and and experiencing the same warm hospitality.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

It was the 1st time that i visited Goa and to Spazio Resort...My family and I was warmly welcomed by the front office staff. The Gateway and the colour combination on the walls is great taste...The staff very very warm and informative. The rooms are par excellence. The food and service very very good...(Add a few more dishes to the Menu/Goa Specialties)... Clean environment/No Noises/Crazy Bar....Edwin,his German Wife who runs the Bar/Restaurant and the girl/s they are so friendly.. Senior Mr.Rodrigues who call himself as the Senior Supervisor (Jokingly) shares his moments of hard work put into build SPAZIO....and finally I meet the MANN...Mr Ryan Rodrigues who manages the site...Great Guy with lots of energy within him to take SPAZIO to even more greater heights...Good luck my dear friend.....

Simply......For a retreat far beyond.....SPAZIO LEISURE is the place I would recommend..

Just One advice....The direction to the site....Please SAY NEAR TO ANJUNA POLICE STATION.....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at Spazio Leisure Resort during your recent holiday to Goa. Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

Your positive feedback with regards to our property, restaurant and accommodation is very inspirational to all of us. We are also grateful for your positive comments on our team for their efforts and their friendliness. I will be very happy to share your feedback with the entire team.

It is our constant 3ndeavour to delight our valued guests with memorable holiday experiences.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Goa and to Spazio Leisure Resort.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have come to know about this resort from Trip Advisor & booked this elegant resort for 5 nights. Its really an awesome place to stay in Goa. Rooms are very clean & tidy & stuffs are very polite & more than helpful. Pool was suitable for my son. We will be back soon to stay in this lovely resort..

Shrabani Roy , Mumbai , Maharashtra

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ryanrodr, Owner at Spazio Leisure Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

Your specific feedback is extremely motivating and I have taken the liberty to pass it onto our team that makes Spazio Leisure Resort a unique destination in Anjuna.

I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Saw this hotel rating in TripAdvisor and booked the hotel. Traveled with my 2 kids (3 and 6) and my husband. Loved everything about this hotel, the location , the pool and the room. The only disappointment was the breakfast as everyone else pointed out. Not sure why they don't work on that. We had requested for room in the ground floor and was allotted one very close to the pool. The kids really enjoyed staying there. It is very close to Anjuna beach (walkable) and even the saturday night flee market. Would definitely love to come again.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ryanrodr, Owner at Spazio Leisure Resort, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to write a lovely review on your stay at Spazio Leisure Resort. I am glad that your family had a lovely time.

Its not that we have ignored the feedback on our restaurant but to be frank -yes it has been a challenge which we will tackle and improve in all areas at the earliest.

Look forward to seeing you again at Spazio Leisure Resort

Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel is very spacious, has a clean & good pool, mini-bar in the room.
The hotel is very close to Anjuna beach. Bikes and airport drop taxis are available.
One of the best and affordable places to stay in Goa.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

ryanrodr, Owner at Spazio Leisure Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you had a lovely stay with us during your recent holiday to Goa

We hope to see you soon at the resort during your next visit to Goa

Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and i had an wonderful stay at this hotel, where the staff where more than helpful. The owner of the hotel, one nice young person, where present everyday, was very helpful.
The restaurant was in need of skillful hands.
Overall a good plays to stay if you are visiting Anjuna.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ryanrodr, Owner at Spazio Leisure Resort, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you sharing the experience of your stay at Spazio Leisure Resort.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is the hearts of our team that always bring our guests back to this resort.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review

Best regards,

Ryan Rodrigues

Been to Spazio Leisure Resort? Share your experiences!