“Very pleasant hostel with an amazing owner !!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Evershine Guest House

You added Evershine Guest House to your Saves list
Evershine Guest House
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   House No 854 Soranto Vaddo, 1 km from Dominos Pizza Anjuna, Anjuna, Bardez 403509, India   |
Ranked #10 of 36 Specialty Lodging in Anjuna
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chennai (Madras), India
“Very pleasant hostel with an amazing owner !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The hostel is around a 10 minutes walk from the Anjuna beach. I stayed in a double room with a friend. The room was clean and all the accessories were functional. The owner hands over the keys and then the room is all yours until you leave. So you get your personal space. The owner can also help you hire bikes through her contacts, which saves you some work.
All the aforementioned stuff may be in most of the hostels, but the whole difference of Evershine is the owner. She goes out of her way to make us feel home. She introduces us to the other guests, so it is very easy to learn from the other guests about the places to visit, things to go etc. At times, you end up ordering Pizza and eat with other guests, just like a group of friends.
So I would definitely stay there, if I were to go to Goa again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Evershine guesthouse has the nicest and warmest owner I've ever met. I walked in with no booking and Sebastiana (the owner) was kind enough to take me in. Right away she makes you feel at home with a welcome drink and introduces you to all the other travellers. It's the perfect place to relax, calm down and have a good time. The atmosphere is filled with love and laugher and Sebastiana and her lovely young cleaner Nigamma are always up for a good story telling. Instead of a few days, I ended up staying there almost month. The rooms and dorms are cosy and clean. If you consider going to Anjuna then don't miss out on Evershine guesthouse!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Goa, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Let me begin by telling you the kind of person your reading this review from, that way, you, the reader has a good idea of the kind of perspective Evershine guesthouse was viewed from.
I am very fussy about the places I choose to stay in, I require my comforts, & there are things that I will not tolerate, you can say my tolerance is a lil lower then some, & im not afraid to say whats on my mind.
I booked the superior double room at Evershine, at that point of my travels Evershine would have been the 3rd place I stayed in Goa, & I was already at my wits end at the false information owners state about the kind of accommodation provided & the attitude the owners give you during your stay, along with allowing there guests to live in filth, so mentally upon arrival I was not in a good place.
I was welcomed by Sabastiana with a welcome drink & a smile that lit up Anjuna, she then showed me choices of rooms that I may prefer over the room I had already booked, what a wonderful turnaround my stay in Goa had taken, I was over the moon over the choices she gave me, every room was more beautiful then the nxt. I was so pleased with the atmosphere, the cleanliness & was extremely surprised I was getting a room of such standard at the price I was paying.
Evershine was my light at the end of the tunnel, & that’s just the place, as for the ppl, I cant say enough about how helpful & lovely everyone was. I fell inlove with my room & the ppl looking after me, I didn’t wanto leave, infact instead of staying a week, I ended up staying over a month!, so I goto experience some of the up’s & down’s of Evershine, let me share one of them with you:
A young lad fell ill from food poisoning at a a local restaurant in anjuna, Sebastiana immediately had a driver take him to hospital, she then would go check in on him constantly, & bring him things he may need ( a change of clothes etc). She also made sure that all of his belongings were stored away safely until his return, that’s the kind of kindness & trust you cant pay for, not even at a 5star hotel.
Your room is cleaned upon request by the cutest young woman you ever did see, NingaMa is her name & cleaning is her game….she has the kind of energy you always wanto be around, & so playful, im going to miss her dearly.
The care that’s given & the trust you can feel gives Evershine the number one reputation it deserves, now I know why its rated the number one guesthouse in Goa.
Sebastiana takes time to talk to & befriend her guests, she has the most wonderful laugh & a cheeky sense of humor that I enjoyed so very much.
Sebastiana is sensitive about reading negative comments about her diamond in the rough guesthouse, & with all the work she puts into it, who can blame her. I didn’t know there were ppl out there more fussy then me, but apparently so. To those ppl I say: “If you wanted red carpet treatment you should have booked a 5star hotel, they are more then happy to give you the service you require for a price you cant afford.
There isn’t enough I could say about the place & the people of Evershine, So il stop here & let you come & experience it for yourself...you’ll know what I mean.
This place was my haven, my home away from home & a breath of fresh air to me.I felt so grateful to have found it… & you will too…trust me.

Room Tip: Superiour Double are now known as Maha's room ;)
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Ansbach, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

The service was great and the owner was very helpfull.
They were very flexible with letting us stay longer on short notice.
Anjuna Beach is nice but there are a lot of selling shacks which kind of ruin the picture of the beach. Nevertheless its only a short ride to the northern beaches of Arambol.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Navi Mumbai, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I chose this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews,location,rate.
I dont know who gave other reviews on tripadvisor i had an oposite experience.
Rooms are not clean basic amenities are missing like towel,bedshit,etc you need to ask for it (I belive it should be default provided) Owner is not friendly. Every time i used to talk with her i got a feeling i am doing mistake.
Rooms are not clean. With couple its not the place to stay.
Washroom has no proper window.

Room Tip: Its not a value for money guest house you can get food guest house in this price near by.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Lyon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

This guesthouse is just PERFECT! We've past 2 months in India, and did a lot of hotel and also guesthouse... We had to stay just a few days in Goa, but we spent so a good time in this guesthouse, so we decided to stay until the ending of our trip in India! The Staff is helpfull and REALLY nice... The place is just amazing: nice room and CLEAN, peacefull, closed to the beach,... Around you can found all what you need... We really appreciated this guesthouse, and especially the hospitality of the owner... THX a LOT!!! We will be back!

Room Tip: We try each type of room... They are all nice, but after it depends wich kind of comfort do you wan...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I spent a week at Evershine at the start of December and I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay on my first trip to India. Sebastiana is a wonderful host, very friendly, and attentive to your needs. The rooms are simple and the mattresses, while firm, provided surprisingly good sleeps.

Sebastiana gets an excellent level of guests at Evershine, everyone I met there was friendly and nice and there were lots of folks to hang out with during the days and into the evenings.

Room Tip: The premium, private rooms at the back of the property are a bit quieter as they don't get foot...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Evershine Guest House? Share your experiences!