“Really friendly, welcoming and homely” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Anjunapalms Guesthouse

and 1 more site!
You added Anjunapalms Guesthouse to your Saves list
Anjunapalms Guesthouse
650 DMello Vaddo | between Oxford Arcade and Eat O Pia restaurant, Anjuna, Bardez 403509, India   |
Ranked #16 of 45 Anjuna B&B and Inns
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Really friendly, welcoming and homely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

This is a great place for the spirit of Anjuna - relaxed, pleasant and well-cared for with a friendly family hosting attentively. Rooms are sizeable, fairly clean (minor gripe about frogs coming into bathrooms but perhaps natural in this patch of the world), and numerous eateries and services (including a supermarket [by Indian standards], bars, scooter hire, travel agents, ATMs, laundry) are very close. A nice enclosed courtyard with a swing and simple kitchen facilities make it both a pleasant and a practical space away from the outside. Wifi but a bit weedy if you're not in the right place. The service was great, though: the family either organised or directed us to everything we needed, and at a good price. The people make the place here and we deeply enjoyed our stay. You're not at the beach - it's a long half-hour-plus walk, so you need to hire a scooter, but that's part of the fun and the vibe of Anjuna anyway. We would go back here without hesitation. And they have a very nice and friendly dog too!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I was very excited about this place when I learned about it online but once I arrived there my excitement was washed away.

- I emailed the guesthouse via their website to inform them that I would be arriving at 4 in the morning and to my surprise no one was there to give me the keys to the room. And no instructions on where to knock or what to do at that hour!
I sat on their staircase for two hours extremely tired after traveling 15 hours and I finally decided to go somewhere else for a night and return the next day.

- Once I returned and got the room with a friend of mine we could not manage to get proper sleep during the night due to how slow the fan was and it made no difference at all in the room.

- The bathrooms were not clean at all. The owner mentioned to us that there was not that many people staying there and somehow the bathroom looked like it was used by 50 people. We stayed there for two days and one night and its situation did not change from one day to the other.

The only two positive things about the place is that it was quite with friendly owners and the possibility to rent a scooter from around the corner.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed at Anjuna Palms for 4 nights. I paid 100 rs. per night to have a simple bed on the upstairs veranda with a mosquito net. There were three other guests that were staying outdoors with me as well. We all shared one communal bathroom. I have to say that for the price it was a good accommodation. There appeared to be halted construction going on during my stay. I believe they were extending the roof and making other adjustments to the property. When it was time for me to leave the family who owned the guest house arranged a motorbike taxi to take me to the airport. They also kept my valuables safe during my stay. The mother of the house was very sweet and friendly. The greenery on the premise was beautiful as well. I would recommend this guesthouse to any laid back traveler, especially those who are on a fixed budget.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Bath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Amazing place, clean and great valuue for money. Only 10 minutes from the beach with shops and restaurants on the doorstep. Dina and Felix are lovely and will help you with anything, including scooters. Great for meeting people, ended up staying 9 days instead of 4!

Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
anjunapalms, Owner at Anjunapalms Guesthouse, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Sophie.
Thanxs for the review, we hope to see you again.
Greetings from us all here at Anjuapalms Guesthouse
Felix
Krakow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

While the rooms are basic and the facilities communal Anjunapalms Guesthouse has a warm vibe and is wonderful value for money. The staff and owners are happy to assist and advise when asked and the Guesthouse is located a little off the main strip, providing a good nights sleep.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I stayed here for a week, for the second time. This place is great. As other reviews have said, its a no frills kind of place but offers everything that you need. Me and my 2 friends stayed in a three bed dorm for 5 nights, costing just 150Rs per night (less than 2 English pounds!) The room was comfortable with a fan and wash basin, we had a shared bathroom with a hot shower which was great. The owners are very helpful and friendly and on my first visit took my friend to the doctors when he hurt his foot. I would definately recommend this place to anyone wanting a chilled out holiday in Goa. Its close to the beach (about 10 mins) and surrounded by resturants and bars!

Room Tip: There are several different types of rooms, its costs more than double to have a private bathroom, b...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stayed in Anjunapalms as part of our 8 week trip around India. This was our first visit to Goa and i booked a 2 bed dorm for 5 nights.

From the start the whole process was fantastic! Felix (Peter) made the whole booking and trip research so easy and the online booking system was perfect.

The guest house is ideally located in Anjuna just outside of the main street but well within walking distance from the beach, bars and shops.

The facilities were good, WC had planty of hot water and was cleaned regularly. Felix helped us out with great rates for scooter hire and onward travel.

I would recommend this as a great place to stay for peace and quiet but with access to the parties on the beaches and surrounding areas.

Room Tip: Very busy during new year but ask Felix about his mum's guest house just round the corner which...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Anjunapalms Guesthouse? Share your experiences!