“Far up on a ridge this place sits in the clouds” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mentone Mountain View Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mentone
Mentone Mountain View Inn
You added Mentone Mountain View Inn to your Saves list
25891 County Road 89, Mentone, AL 35984   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Mentone B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Far up on a ridge this place sits in the clouds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The fact that you think you're about to drive off a mountain trying to find this place, makes one hope that it's worth the effort...and it is.

This beautiful inn clings to the side of a mountain and offers views over three states.

My room was large yet cozy, with a very efficient gas fire heater.

There's a huge bed, sofa, table and chairs, large bathroom and deck out the front.

Outside the room there is a communal lounge area with a coffee maker and fridge, tv, books and games.

The owners are lovely and nothing is too much trouble.

I had a wonderfully restorative weekend stay here and I drove down into to Mentone for dinner one night, happy to return safely as it had started to snow.

This is a destination hotel, you come here to be here and I recommend it for a writer's retreat, romantic weekend or just to get away from the kids and sleep for two days!

There are things to do around here, but I think you should come here to BE here. You won't regret it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Gardendale, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I were married in front of the fireplace at this beautiful Inn with the scenery of the mountains behind us and it was beautiful! The view is amazing and Carolyn and Paul can't be beat. Carolyn even made us a red velvet cake from scratch for our wedding cake. Shaped it in a heart and put flowers on it. They made our day unforgettable and we would recommend this get away for anyone who wants a quiet, peaceful stay with a fireplace, coffee/hot cocoa and a romantic atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My parents just returned from a weekend getaway at the Mentone Mountain View Inn. I had never been there but gave the trip to my parents for their 45th wedding anniversary. They loved everything about it - the suite (The View) and amenities were wonderful, the view was stunning, and the owners could not have been more hospitable and accommodating!! The sweet treats and breakfasts left outside their door were unbelievable. They also really enjoyed the area sites and their dinner at the Wildflower Cafe was perfect! What a great spot right here in Alabama!! Many thanks to Carolyn and Paul for making this such a sweet time for them!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was our first visit to Cupid's Rest Bed &Breakfast & we were delighted in everything! The suite was spotless, not missing anything! The view spectacular, coffee machine right outside our door so I could have coffee anytime I chose with many options also flavors. We were exhausted the night we arrived and as entered our suite, a luscious dessert awaited us. I prepared for bed & felt very comfortable in my robe to go out & swing on the porch swing with my coffee & take in the gorgeous view. The owners, Paul & Carolyn, are the sweetest people & go out of their way to make your stay memorable. A delicious hot breakfast awaited us outside our door the next morning, something we hadn't expected! We have already booked again for next year! We highly recommend you stay at Cupid's B&B.
Sarge & Theresa Dickenson

Room Tip: Both rooms downstairs I believe are the same, so either one.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Payne, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 14th Anniversary in Cupid's Rest Bed & Breakfast. Our stay was absolutely wonderful! The view from our huge private deck was breathtaking! We really appreciated the grill and porch swing! We relaxed in the cool summer breeze, ate our dinner on the deck and watched the sunset together. Words can not describe the most romantic, peaceful and tranquil feeling this cabin provided. The amenities were so comfortable. The owners really make you feel welcome and at home! I would suggest you try Mrs. Carolyn's homemade blueberry cream cheese french toast! It is out of this world! Our stay was perfect and I will recommend this suite to everyone!

Room Tip: Both the View & Nook are wonderful suites, but the View Suite is my favorite!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

My husband and I had the perfect getaway to The Nook in Mentone, AL -- part of the Mentone Cabins. Our private suite had a huge deck overlooking the valley with a stunning view, and the furnishings and amenities (flat screen TVs, vessel sink, kitchen) could not have been more comfortable. The owners go out of their way to pamper you, and breakfast and the evening "sweet treats" were beyond delicious. If you want to be quiet and serene, this is the place -- yet you are just minutes away from great dining, cute shops, waterfalls, hiking and Little River Canyon. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The Nook has a two separate rooms (sitting room and bedroom) -- instead of just one big room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mentone Mountain View Inn? Share your experiences!