“A most excellent lunch experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 146 restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Harvest, Alabama
“A most excellent lunch experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I tried Smashburger this past weekend, and I have to say it was awesome. The menu selection is expansive and interesting, the restaurant is fresh, attractive, and clean, and the people who work there are fantastic. I had an avocado club burger with goat cheese, and the wife (who wasn't originally hungry) had the Veggie Frites (flash-fried carrot sticks and green beans). She GOT hungry, of course, and thoroughly enjoyed my french fries, and a bite off my burger.
I'm not sure why there are comparisons to Five Guys; this place is much more upscale, and the burgers are MUCH better than Five Guys.
All in all, it was a great lunch experience, and we will definitely go back for more.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Huntsville, Alabama
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went here for lunch today. We work in the Research Park area so to dive out there it was a bit out of the way but well worth it. How people can say that it doesnt compare to 5Gs is beyond me. This place I feel is way better! I never been to a smash before but can tell you that when I;m in the need for a burger fix this is where I'll be going. I had the big smash with grill mushrooms, and onions! The burger was big, fat, freash and juicy!!! I would recomend this place to anyone!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Alabama
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is an over-priced alternative to Five Guys and Fries. They do not have anything that compares to 5GF! I feel for the size of the burger it is over-priced. Only tried once and it was an hour wait for such average food, maybe I will try agin when the :new" wear off and see if it improves. Sad for a first experience, I hope it remains so I can try it again since I was close to rating it a 2 rating instead!

Visited April 2012
Madison Alabama
“New Place that is Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

A chain restaurant but good food and local items special to this area - like fried green tomatoes on your hamburger or chicken. Everything is really good and fresh.

Visited August 2012