“Finally...” 3 of 5 stars

Description: Phone: 256-461-8999.
Huntsville, Alabama
“Finally...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

After living in the area for over seven years I stopped by this establishment. Although I did not eat, I did have a drink at the bar. The pour was nice and the bartender was friendly, introduced himself and shook my hand. After a few minutes, a gentleman named Walt walks up and introduces himself as one of the owners. Tells me that his family has roots in Madison for over 80 plus years. We kibitzed for a bit discussing a wide venue of topics relating to the city and he went on his way. He seemed like a really nice guy. Interior decor is rather interesting clean with original plank wooden floors and nostalgic items of times past on the walls and dollar bills tacked to the ceiling. Every time the train runs by they have a drink special that is only valid while the train is in sight. Pretty neat. Kind of reminds me of Hemmingway’s (the original) down in Key West. I rated it "Average" as I did not try the food but I think I'll be back to check out the food someday. If it's better than "Average" I will repost.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kitchener, Canada
“Rustic, but good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

It's a pretty basic, Mom & Pop kind of restaurant. The food is good, but not great. The atmosphere is rustic, but that adds to the charm.

Visited October 2012
Madison, Alabama
“Always a good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Not authentic Mexican food, but always fresh and good; large servings, reasonable prices and excellent service. Although, I seldom see the same server, each visit still feels more like you've dropped into a friend's place than a random public venue. Nearly the best Margaritas in town. Located in a historic building, on the town square, next to railroad tracks. Be sure to ask about their train special.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“Better than Governors Drive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Huntsville's Bandito Burrito on Governors Drive gets all the attention, but Madison's is better. Our hot tortilla chips and salsa were excellent. Our waitress, Connie, was friendly and attentive, and got our orders correct. My wife and I each ordered a small, 3-inch taco salad. She had fajita chicken added to hers, and I had fajita beef added to mine. Very good -- we ate them bowl and all. (While we were on Main Street, we also walked to Madison Station Antiques, on the next block to the west. That is currently the nicest store on the street.)

• Visited June 2012