“Feels like home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Madison
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Skipperville, Alabama, United States
“Feels like home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The rooms are very nice and the Hotel Staff are very friendly, and treat you like family instead of a guest. The staff accomadates you very well, and are very prompt to help with your questions and getting anything you need. I have really enjoyed staying here and will be staying here when i am close. I travel alot and they make me feel as close to home as possible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Express_Madison_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Huntsville Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Mr.Derrick,
We want to thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. And of course we want you and your family to feel at home because we are your home away from home. You and your family have been pleasure knowing and serving. We strive to give the best customer service in the industry. We want to again thank you for being you. Because you and your family are part of our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Family in Madison.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bloomington, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stay in HIE locations mostly for single nights on road trips. This one was very nice. However, I would like to say that the night clerk was not at all interested in doing his job. When I walked in the door, it took about 2 minutes and me yelling "hello!" and knocking on the counter for anyone to come out from "behind the wall" to help me. That's not good customer service. And then when he asked how he could help, I said that I am trying to check in but didn't think anyone was working. He got a little sarcastic but then things settled down. Not a good first impression, but the hotel itself and the facilities were superb. I liked the spaces and the breakfast area. I requested, and received, the room type and location I added to my reservation so that was good. I would give it a 4-rating but the clerk soured me to 3 instead.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Express_Madison_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Huntsville Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
CLH7299,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re take pride in our hotel and that the service you received was less-than-satisfactory. It is our goal to consistently provide superior customer service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem. We sincerely apologize and will be looking into this. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to show you the Best Hospitality in the industry and look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I came to Huntsville the other day to bring a grandson to the wonderfully large Space Camp located there. It had been many years since we had occasion to stop anywhere in the area but, checking reviews on Trip Advisor, we settled on the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Huntsville Airport located just a few miles down the road from the camp. It was a great choice! The HIE Is really an excellent establishment in every respect. The hotel itself is relatively new and it has been extremely well treated. The rooms are large and comfortable, the breakfast room very inviting and the breakfast itself tasty and well-balanced. A huge "plus" are the young folks who work at the reception desk. They are outwardly friendly and very,very helpful. My request, for instance,for information about places to eat in the area -- and there are many -- was met with a thorough and thoughtful response. To make things even easier, they quickly, ran off directions to the restaurant of my choice.

As a (probably too) large person, I frequently complain about the microscopic tubs in so many hotels. At the HIE, on the other hand, I had the luxury of a oversized tub in an extra large bathroom. The wi-fi was seamless and there was pretty of room for business clients if they wanted desk space. Though the small fridge in the room had no freezer in it -- something that ought to be a standard in every hotel room in America -- that was the only "negative" that we found during our multi-day stay.

Any one coming to the Huntsville area would be well advised to take a close look at the airport HIE (which, it should be noted, is NOT at the airport, despite the name, even though it is within easy driving distance of that small but peasant locale. I don't see us returning to Huntsville any time in the foreseeable future but if we did, we'd quickly return to the HIE without a second thought.

Big P,
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time out of your day to give us your feedback. The very positive feedback you gave us regarding the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Madison, the facilities and amenities offered, as well as our very helpful and friendly staff members truly makes us ecstatic! I will be sharing your comments with our staff members. Your recommendation of our hotel means a lot to our team, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Electic, Ala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I am a Platinum Rewards holder...I travel in the Southeast a lot. I have stayed in this new hotel a couple of times since it's opening and it is always been a good experience but that is not what I wanted to report on. I stopped by to get a room and ask for a smoking room. They no longer offer smoking rooms now but rather than giving me the 'bad news' and ending the conversation, Robin, the clerk behind the counter gave me the kind of service that keeps me coming back to Holiday Inn Express. She made four phone calls to OTHER hotels in the area asking for a smoking room for me and found me a room at a Hilton property down the road.
Yes, I didn't stay at this Holiday Inn Express this night but I can recommend it strongly because of Robin. She is the kind of professional that you want as your front line with the public and I applaud the management for giving her the freedom to put customer service in front of the dollar.
Be sure to ask for Robin when you check in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
David R,
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time out of your day to give us your feedback. The very positive feedback you gave us regarding the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Madison about our staff member (Robin) and the outstanding customer service you received. At the Holiday Inn Express Madison it’s about the guest experience. And thank you again for recommending us to others.
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night while making a quick trip through Huntsville. The hotel is new, clean, and beautiful. I noticed many families staying here, and both the staff and other guests were very kind. The pool and hot tub were great. The location was close to the interstate as well as many restaurants, shopping areas, and parks (check out Kids Kingdom if you have young children). The complimentary breakfast was amazing! We were expecting the usual hotel muffins and bagels, but it was a complete hot breakfast with many choices (pancakes, biscuits, gravy, sausage, eggs, yogurt, bagels, toast, cereal, muffins, various juices, coffee, etc). I noticed some of the other reviews mentioning the slamming doors. We never heard any other doors slamming, but the doors are very strong and shut quickly so I can see where this could be an issue (but not really a big deal to us). I highly recommend this hotel if you and your family are planning a trip to the Huntsville area!

Tnfirewife,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel with a fantastic rate! The hotel is nice, beds are comfy, and the breakfast was tasty. The staff was friendly. We stayed in standard two bed room and the space was plenty for four people. Need more hotels like this one ...

• Stayed July 2013
Express_Madison_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Huntsville Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Huntsville Airport, and for taking the time to provide feedback on TripAdvisor. We are always thrilled to hear from our guests and I am so pleased that you had a great experience! And we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 13 nights on a business trip. The doors are very strong. As soon as you let the door go, it doesn't shut, it slams. Be prepared for large groups of children and those who like to party. If you want to stay in a quiet hotel, this is not the one.

The last night I stayed there, I was greeted with extremely loud banging coming from above. I waited a while assuming someone was moving into their room. Shortly thereafter the noise continued. As I left for dinner (around 8:30) I asked an employee to check into it for me. He said he would keep an eye out. When I returned (around 9:30), I walked into my room to find the noise even worse. I once again walked to the front desk to make a complaint. I was told that they would knock on the door and would ask them to quiet down. At 10 the noise continued. I again walked to the front desk (this is now the third time) and was told that they knocked on the door but no one answered, but they would try again. Finally I called the desk at 11:30 to find out what was going on as the noise was still going on. Approximately 15 minutes later I received a call from the front desk notifying me that there were 4 boys staying in their room by themselves and that their parents had been contacted, 30 minutes later (midnight 12am) the noise finally stopped.

I am putting myself in the employees shoes. If an adult came to my desk and complained 4 times over a 4 hour period about the same issues I would be more reactive about it. If I went to the room twice to knock on the door with no answer, I would assume either something is wrong, or there maybe children by themselves in the room. I cant understand why it took someone 4 hours and 4 complaints to finally look in the computer to see who actually reserved the room.

On a previous stay at this hotel, the management allowed a wedding party to party all through the night. People were stumbling drunk through the hallways, and screaming at each other from the other end of the building until 2am. This went on for an entire weekend.

Overall its a nice hotel, just very noisy at times. Most of the staff is very friendly, but there is always one bad apple. The hotel is very close to the space museum, so plan on children being present.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Express_Madison_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Huntsville Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Airport. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

I was of course concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed. I have noted your comments regarding service and regret that your experience was less than enjoyable. Our team at the Holiday Inn Express Airport makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. I would like to apologize if in any way we fell short in this respect.

I do hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Pamela Graves

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Huntsville Airport? Share your experiences!