“A bit stingy. Pay extra and stay elsewhere.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lincoln
Nashville, Tennessee
“A bit stingy. Pay extra and stay elsewhere.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The sign said "free internet" then they wanted to charge. We BYO connection, so we overcame that one. The windows don't open, but the air conditioner did not bring in air from outside on fan, then the fan would stop. The AC also would just stop after a minute of two. It was stuffy in the room.
In the morning the breakfast pickings were pretty slim. They had run out of bagels, cream cheese, waffle mix. No butter. No low calorie syrup. No yoghurt or fruit. Trash can had a lid that you had to push to get the trash into it. I never like touching trash cans at all.
When I got back to the room the key would not work. Thankfully my husband was still in the room and I woke him to open the door. Some young ones further down the hallway were encountering the same problem as we all stood out in the hallway.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room, turn on the AC and see if it cuts out after a minute. Then ask to see a differ...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Decatur, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When we arrived that morning there were no rooms available but the place on had like three cars in the parking lot so I failed to understand why they had no rooms... Once we finally got a room later that evening it was nothing to be impressed by. The nices thing about it was the flatscreen tv which had decent channel selections. The overall room was clean for the most part but had a funny smell to it. After a good dose of Lysol on everything it smelled a tad bit better. The bed was bearable forbeing that the bedding was rather rough. They really might need to look into somr fabric softener or changing the thread count choice. The bathroom was decent and there was an in room refrigerator and microwave. Upon getting ready to check out the staff was very rude, they opened the door before it was even check out time and when I called the front desk to request a late checkout at 12 they gave me major attitude. After saying yes to the late checkout they proceeded to call the room several times not mention they came banging on the door and the guy began yelling about his wife had to clean the room and I needed to hurry and get dressed and leave. I would have to say this was probably the worst hotel stay I have had ever. I wouldn't refer a dog to stay here and being that there is a comfort in across the street they will get my business next time. I would rather pay more and be treated hospitably than save a few dollars and have to wait for a room that I get kicked out at just a few minutes past check out time after requesting and being told I could get a late checkout.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SIMPSONVILLE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

my stay was horrible. That was the worst night's sleep I had in a long time. The fridge made an awful noice and kept me awake along with the room next door making a knocking noise. I reported it to the manager as I was checking out and didn't even receive an apology.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stayed here in March and was very pleased with this hotel. The staff is very friendly and the furnishings appeared to be relatively new. The room was very clean, had a nice flat screen with numerous channels, a microwave and refrigerator. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Daysinn10700, General Manager at Lincoln Days Inn, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Days Inn of Lincoln for your stay. We greatly appreciate your review. It was a pleasure serving you during you stay. Hope we can serve you again for your future stays.

Harshad Patel
Days Inn of Lincoln-GM
(205) 763-8080
Oxford, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

After reading the reviews and seeing the before-tax price of $51 on a Saturday night, I wanted to try this place. It is older, but well-kept. Room was clean, no odor, and had a nice flat screen TV. Bathroom was also clean and had been updated in the last few years, but no frills in there. Room was bigger than some other Days Inn hotels. Only complaint was the thread count on the sheets - felt like 200 thread count. However, for the money and all the other amenities, I can't complain.

Breakfast was standard minimum (coffee, juice, small boxed doughnuts, bananas/apples, cereal, waffles), but it served us fine. Breakfast area was clean and updated.

Night staff was awesome. She saw that we were carrying luggage and two asleep kids, so she got the door and carried the luggage up the stairs and to our room - thank you!!. Day staff was friendly as well.

If we're in the area, we will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
High Point, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed here for the Fall race at Talladega. I honestly did not spend a lot of time in the hotel, but it was definitely convenient to the highway and the racetrack. We were back to the hotel within 30 minutes of getting in the car in the parking lot. As far as the hotel itself, it was much what you would expect from a Days Inn-everything worked fine, and was clean for an older looking hotel. I don't think there was an elevator, but I was on the 2nd floor, and with all the walking I was doing at the race track, it was no bother. They had some sort of continental breakfast, but I walked next door to the Burger King for a bite both days. $233/night total was pretty stiff, but not surprising for a race weekend. I would stay there again if I decide to come to another race.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Lincoln Days Inn? Share your experiences!