“Clean, confortable, friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Leeds
Charleston, South Carolina
“Clean, confortable, friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Hampton Inns are by far my favorite hotel, and this one is up to the standards. Nice, clean room with that heavenly Hampton bed. We called to let them know we'd be arriving very late (2:30 a.m.), and the clerk just handed us the keys when we arrived. Very nice not to have to go through a lot of paperwork when the family is tired. Asked for late checkout and she gladly told us we could check out anytime. We missed the breakfast (of course), but we checked out at 1 without a problem. Decent shower, which is hard to find.

Room Tip: For more quiet, I always ask for top floor rooms away from the elevator. Hotel was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This Hampton is a little out of the way but it is worth it to find it. About half a mile off of I 20. Just up the street from Barber Motorsports and Bass Pro Shop. All I can say about the hotel is "5 stars all the way". Stay here, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I used the HHonors online reservation system to pre-purchase a King suite. The morning I was scheduled to arrive, I received a call telling me that the room I had purchased was "out of order", and asked If I would accept a smaller room. When I arrived at the property, I was told that the room I had paid for was not available due to overbooking. The net result was that I got a smaller room, no credit for the difference, an indifferent desk clerk, and not even a bottle of water in the room (which should be standard for an HHonors member). No apology, no credit for the room reduction after I had pre-paid to lock down the reservation - are you kidding me? If I fully paid for the room a month in advance, how could anyone think it's OK to give that room to someone else due to overbooking? The fluorescent "eggs" at the breakfast buffet just added a bit of really bad comedy to an already really bad experience....

Room Tip: Don't pre-pay - they won't honor it anyway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Single night stay, fairly newer property, clean, comfortable and right en route to B-Ham.

King bed on first floor, nice fresh smell, layout was perfect, lighting was dim but otherwise just perfect.

Gym was great, pool was outdoors and too cold to swim. Plenty of parking, breakfast was typical.

Staff was nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
INDIANAPOLIS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My family and I checked out of the Bates Roach Hotel, also known as Days Inn; Leeds, AL. We checked into this hotel to continue our stay in Birmingham, and was VERY pleased! The staff was EXCELLENT! They were very attentive, helpful, and extremely pleasant! We were traveling for a funeral, and emotions were high....but they made our trip comfortable, and we were able to relax! The rooms were spacious, and the decor was very contemporary, clean, and inviting! I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone passing through, or staying for an extended period of time! There is a new outlet mall 5 minutes away from the hotel! It's right off the highway, which was very convenient! This is where I will stay each time I'm in the area! Thanks to all the staff that helped us feel at home!

Room Tip: Handicap Accessible rooms are perfect for anyone traveling and in need of those accommodations!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hot Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel is about 3 years old, but it did not show up on my GPS as I was passing through Birmingham looking for a place to stay. I assumed it was because my GPS needed updating. But when I mentioned this to the clerk, she said that, for some reason, it doesn't show up on most GPS systems. Not sure why that is, but I'm glad I saw the sign on I-20 and found it. It is located just off I-20...turn right (if you were eastbound on I-20) after the exit, then right again at the first traffic light. (Bass Pro Shop is across the street from the hotel.) Plenty of well-lit parking. Clerk was friendly and made sure everything was in order. Room was very clean and spacious. It had the standard features found at most newer Hampton's. Loved the roomy bathroom with "walk-in" shower, and the long "bench" at the foot of the bed. Bed was very comfortable. I had an end room on the top floor. Housekeeping was knocking on my door at 8:30 A.M. They gladly moved on, after I asked them to come back later. Great hotel at a great price!

Room Tip: WiFi signal was not as strong in the end room. Still good, but a little slow. Housekeeping also appa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Was there for a wedding, and it was a very clean and quiet stay.. i have not one complaint about this hotel.. everything was spot on.. and the employees were all very nice and accomadating..there is a very nice outdoor mall right around the corner and tons of restaurants not to far away..thank you

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Birmingham/Leeds? Share your experiences!