“Good Basic Lodging” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Lanett

and 1 more site!
You added Days Inn Lanett to your Saves list
Days Inn Lanett
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2314 South Broad Avenue, I-85 Exit 79, Lanett, AL 36863   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lanett
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good Basic Lodging”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was in the Valley area for a family funeral and stayed one night here. I just needed basic accommodations - a clean safe room with a comfortable bed and good shower - and this property delivered that ( at a rate just a little over half what other nearby properties were charging). The property was old and the decor outdated and worn, but it was clean, the bed was comfortable and the room even had a refrigerator and microwave and a flat screen TV with a pretty good lineup of channels. They did offer a free breakfast but is was VERY minimal - a toaster with a few slices of bread in a contaner near it, 2 containers of cereal, and a small refrigerator with mild and juice in it - all in a very dark and shabby area off the lobby. Good hot coffee (Which was all I had from the breakfast). Location right off the interstate on the main thoroughfare but located right next to an electric substation - very strange view.
All in all, not bad, considering how low the rate was. Had I expected any luxury, I would have been disappointed, but the property delivered what I expected for the price

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

When we checked in, at 3am, I counted 8 cars...There were holes and stains on the walls, cracked wallpaper, stains on the bathroom ceiling and door, leftover... Im not even sure what on the bedside table... Pretty bad. We have more pics, but we're having trouble uploading them.

Room Tip: Here's a tip... RUN!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Lanett hotels

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

We didn't have much choice when trying to find a last minute hotel room in Lanett. We were there for a funeral and our first priority wasn't to search for nice hotels. This is the only one we saw on Hotwire in Lanett. We usually purchase rooms on Hotwire and do very well. However, on hotwire this hotel, or should I say motel was rated 2 1/2 stars for $85 for two night. We usually do not get a room unless it is a 3 1/2 star or better but this was our only choice. The motel seemed more like a 2 star. One of those motels you see in a small town USA movie. This is not a place that you want to spend any time in other than sleep.

Upon arrival, the place was deserted. The lobby looked like a motel 6 lobby but the guy helping us was very fine. It looked like his family lived in the motel, as his son and wife were there with a pizza box. The guy told my husband that our bill was $65 for 2 nights. We had already paid through hotwire.com at $85. Although it happens rarely it would have been cheater to walk in and pay then pay in advanced.

The room(s). My sister in-law also booked a room. Her room was not as creepy as ours but she was staying solo. She was so freaked out that she put a chair and a table behind the door. Our room was dark, noisy and smelly. Both rooms had hair in the bathroom and dust on the furniture. I couldn't sleep in those blankets so I used one we brought. The noise was from the smoke detector beeping and some unknown noise.

Next time we stay in Lanett, we will be doing our research a head of time or staying in Montgomery.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Nashville, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

This place seemed really sketchy. When I checked-in, the receptionist wreaked of alcohol (I'm assuming it was the same guy mentioned in the previous review), his eyes were red, and just looked scary. Talking about my room - it smelled really weird. The mattress was creaky, and the towels were..well I just used them as rugs. I kept thinking of Bates Motel and Psycho the whole time I was there. The breakfast bar looked sketchy too. Definitely not recommended, unless of course it's halloween!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Detriot, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

Everytime my brother books a stay at this hotel there seems to be
a problem. The desk clerk seems to be rebelous against black
people, we smell alchohol during the whole engagement and he
is rude, We will not stay there anymore, and we will not send our
friends and family there again. you may contact me at
Innside@live.com

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Lanett? Share your experiences!