“Love the location and food” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 20 restaurants in Irondale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Chicago, Illinois
“Love the location and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Located right off the tracks and server cafeteria style. Love this place. Randomly stopped here while in town and will go back if I'm ever back. I was very confused by the pricing and what I should get so I just got what looked good and ended up paying too much. Will learn with experience I'm sure but I didn't really see or understand the menu. Great service and great food. Must try this place!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Eastaboga
“Excellent Southern Home Cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The food is authentic Southern Home Cooking. They are known for the fried green tomatoes, but we didn't try any---there were too many other good things to choose from to fit all of it in our plates and tummies. The fried chicken is great, and the homemade cornbread dressing is a must try. The toasted cocunut cream pie and Mississippi mud cake are to die for. The food is cafeteria style, which I like sometimes--you see what you are getting and can choose from a variety of ready cooked foods. This is especially nice if you are in a hurry. The old downtown area where the restaurant is located makes you feel like you are on the set of an old movie. We will definitely eat there again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Definitely worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't quite expecting the cafeteria style restaurant before going in but all the food is obviously made with love. I was really I pressed with the chicken and the tomatoes. Do not miss this place if you are in the Birmingham area.

Visited August 2013
Uniontown, Ohio
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We visited here for lunch at the recommendation of EWTN for some local food, meaning fried green tomatoes, etc. The food was excellent; not large portions, and a bit pricey.

Visited July 2013
denver, pa
“Great must see place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Loved the small, old town feel you got at this establishment. Food was very, very good. Just thought it was a little over priced for a family/cafeteria style restaurant. For our family of 4 our bill was at $60. We would definitely come back again. My son loved seeing the trains come in!

Visited July 2013