“Nice, pet friendly hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Irondale
Pensacola, Florida
“Nice, pet friendly hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our dog while we visited family in North Birmingham. The first room we were given was absolutely huge. It was clean and the decor was nice. I really liked it. I noticed a ladybug crawling across the wall but that didn't bother me since I've always heard that's good luck. However, after noticing the one ladybug I noticed about 2 dozen more crawling around the top of the walls and ceiling. That may have been a lot of good luck but I didn't really want to sleep in a room with that many bugs. After telling the front desk, we were immediately moved to a different room. The new room was just as nice only smaller without the ladybugs. I don't have anything bad to say about this hotel. The bed was comfortable. They had really good coffee in the lobby for breakfast. There was even a choice of half and half, skim milk, or the little things of liquid creamer for the coffee. Food wise they offered biscuits, Canadian bacon, scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls, muffins, waffles and english muffins. If we ever stay in a hotel in Birmingham again we will choose this one. And most likely, I will always look into staying at Holiday Inn Express whenever we stay in a hotel now.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
StaySmrtIrndale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback....Yes...we do have some lady bugs in our hotel...however, in Birmngham they are grown for agricultural purposes so you will find them in most hotels, homes, offices, etc. We make every effort to assure that all rooms are clean and lady bug free, however, the little suckers sometimes come in after we inspected the rooms. But fear not, lady bugs are GOOD LUCK!! seriously...it is against birmngham code to kill Lady Bugs and who would want to kill GOOD Luck..right....but again thanks for your feedback and we will make sure to be more diligent. Also, we are happy to have met your expectations...see you next time...

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Soddy Daisy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have stayed here 3 or 4 times and the staff is one of the friendliest I have ever meet. They are very nice and professional. I loved just talking with them and they had everything in order and had my priority gift ready when I arrived. I do not know all of the names but Lacresha was so friendly and outgoing. She is great. The room is standard HI express. It was clean and everything worked and I did not have any problems. The morning breakfast was ok and they ever have a guest Hospitality night on Wednesdays. Good deal there. All in all a great stay and the entire staff made the trip very pleasant. .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
StaySmrtIrndale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We love our guest and strive to provide the best service possible. We will continue improving everyday and hope to succeed with everybody. Thank you and we hope to see you back at our property.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Irondale, Alabama from 9-29-12 to 10-1-12. The overall cleanliness was excellent and the staff was very friendly however, the beds are Hard and uncomfortable and I didn't sleep well. We stayed three nights and each day I was miserable. I wanted to drink coffee down in the breakfast room but it was so nasty I had to pour it out and go to McDonald's for a cup. Last year we stayed at the Hampton inn next door. There the beds were comfortable and the coffee was great.

• Stayed September 2012
StaySmrtIrndale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback...we are happy that you stayed with us and the you enjoyed your stay, I am sorry that you did not like our beds and the the coffee was not up to par. We are actively working on improving both our FF&E and breakfast products. We hope that you will visit us again.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express-Irondale with 12 fellow church members during our visit for the GROW Leadership Conference. I can't say enough about the Wonderful Staff such a delight. The rooms were clean and the overall appearance of the hotel was A+. Not to mention the great location in regards to the Church of the Highlands. Great Conference and Great Experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
StaySmrtIrndale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, it is truly invaluable. We are working everyday to give the service that our guest deserve and it makes me very happy that we met your expectations. Thanks you again and please come see us soon. Have a fantastic week!
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

I was in town for just one night, and without a car, so the airport / local shuttle was very handy. The drivers who picked me up, took me to dinner, etc were very friendly and professional.

The rooms were clean and quiet, and the front desk personnel were very amiable. This hotel is roughly six miles from the airport, but worth the (complimentary) shuttle ride.

• Stayed July 2012
StaySmrtIrndale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. It is always a pleasure to hear what our guest are saying about us. Thank you for your kind words and we hope to continue offering great hassle free service at a value. Please come see us again.
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The recent reviews that are very good are accurate from our experience as well. We had two rooms on the forth floor with quiet AC units. The staff went out of their way to make us comfortable and the rooms were quiet, clean and comfortable. We all felt safe and secure. I felt their breakfast was a little above average for variety and average for quality food. I'm always thankful for a breakfast waiting for me in the morning. Hotwire had a rate that was at least 40% cheaper then the motels best rate at that time and less then $60 per room. The hill up to the motel is rather steep but then I come from the flat part of Illinois. I would say cleanliness,comfort and service get an A and would stay their again.

Room Tip: Top floor and away from the elevator. No one moving about above you.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review we hope to continue offering the service that you expect. Thanks again!!
Cumming, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

All the things were great there except the noisy air conditioning system that caused some disturbance at night time. The breakfast next day morning was great and especially the lady taking care Veronica was great in dealing. She kept an eye all the times on the needs of the guests. I had three kids with me and she dealt nicely with them and gave some sort of gifts to them. My wife does not know english but she helped her in selection of food. I will stay at the same place if I get a chance

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give up your opinion. We love that we met your expections and hope to continue doing so. Please come visit us again. Thanks you!!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!