My husband and I stayed here with our dog while we visited family in North Birmingham. The first room we were given was absolutely huge. It was clean and the decor was nice. I really liked it. I noticed a ladybug crawling across the wall but that didn't bother me since I've always heard that's good luck. However, after noticing the one ladybug I noticed about 2 dozen more crawling around the top of the walls and ceiling. That may have been a lot of good luck but I didn't really want to sleep in a room with that many bugs. After telling the front desk, we were immediately moved to a different room. The new room was just as nice only smaller without the ladybugs. I don't have anything bad to say about this hotel. The bed was comfortable. They had really good coffee in the lobby for breakfast. There was even a choice of half and half, skim milk, or the little things of liquid creamer for the coffee. Food wise they offered biscuits, Canadian bacon, scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls, muffins, waffles and english muffins. If we ever stay in a hotel in Birmingham again we will choose this one. And most likely, I will always look into staying at Holiday Inn Express whenever we stay in a hotel now.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Irondale
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel
- Holiday Inn Irondale
- Irondale Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Birmingham East-Irondale, where you'll find comfort and luxury meeting side by side. The Holiday Inn Express is located I-20 at exit 133 by I-459 exit 27. Our hotel is here to provide you with a refreshing atmosphere! We offer a free Express Start breakfast featuring at least two hot items daily! Don't forget to try our delicious cinnamon rolls! Our well-appointed guest rooms feature our new Stay Smart bedding with triple sheeting. Each of our suites has a pullout sleeper sofa, microwave and mini-fridge. Each room has a curved shower rod and Kohler Stay Smart shower head. We offer services such as: free airport shuttle service from 5 AM to 11PM, free high-speed Internet access, on-site fitness and business centers, outdoor swimming pool and spacious meeting rooms. Irondale is the ideal destination for the corporate traveler with Birmingham Airport, Honda of Alabama, UAB, Imaging Business Machine and Trinity Hospital all right in our backyard! Need a fun and convenient get-away with out being in the middle of the hustle and bustle of downtown? Be sure to visit the Irondale CafÃ©, Barbers Motor Sports, Talladega Super Speedway, BJCC, Birmingham Civil Rights Institute, Bass Pro Shop and Vulcan Park while in Birmingham! The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is a favorite for business travelers and families who are visiting the Birmingham area. Let us prove to be your favorite too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.