“I should have just relocated to a different hotel the first night.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Huntsville - Arsensal/South Parkway

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Houston, TX
“I should have just relocated to a different hotel the first night.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

This Hampton Inn is not far from downtown and just a couple miles from the arsenal. I did stay there an entire week however I should have just relocated to a different hotel the first night. Note that I did not complain until the last day.

With this review, I will start small and work my way up to the major event that would have made me move had I stayed in Huntsville for another day. They had a standard Hampton Inn breakfast which was adequate however, there were a variety coffee creamers except for a plain type on the first two days and maybe that was just bad timing on my part however there weren’t any coffee lids on any of the days I stayed there.

The water fountain was out of order, one of the days the elevator was being worked on and out of use, the treadmill did not work all 5 days and there weren’t any towels in the gym (nor did it look very clean).

Room 310 had several problems with mold in the bathroom. There were marks on the walls and a stain on the sofa. The toilet was slow to flush and on the last day overflowed. I used all of the towels while trying to stop the water...

The Staff was friendly however they did not respond as I would have hoped once a problem was reported. They could not find a plunger nor replacement towels. I was brought 4 Hampton Inn FLOOR towels because the clerk could not find any bath towels. At that point the clerk asked if I wanted change rooms which I agreed to.

The clerk said she would leave a note to ask the manager to credit 1 night stay.

At checkout the manager was not available and I have not received any follow-up contact. The hotel is old and needs to be refurbished; I do not plan to stay there again until it is.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

This Hampton Inn is removed a little bit from the Downtown Huntsville area (10 Min) and as a result tends to be less expensive than in-town hotels.

The Staff was very friendly and the breakfast standard and adequate. Room was typical, clean and the bed comfortable. Adorned with a flat panel TV and CFL bulbs, I liked it.

The hotel is showing it's age but don't let that be a dtriment as it is maintained well. I say this becuase the AC unit, being older, was typically louder than I like.

The neighborhood and parking area is safe. Nice restaurants within walking distance. WIFI was easy to use and login on.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Booked online 2 non-refundable rooms for $80 + tax, decent location in business park. Not many options for dining in the area. Easy access. Hotel showing it's age, nice outside appearance but inside dated carpet, etc. Small outdoor pool was clean & has several tables & chairs. Good, reliable Hampton breakfast. Would probably stay here again if in the area- for the right price

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Sacramento, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

I was booked here based on other reviews. As a Diamond Member, I was shocked at the customer service received from the desk clerk (Mr. Singh?). I had to call guest assistance to cancel without penalty so I could relocate.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

If you are looking for a place to stay in Huntsville, please stay here. This is a great hotel. The staff went out of their way to be kind to our grandson every time they saw him. The hotel is clean and easy to get to when driving around Huntsville. They have a great breakfast each morning and cookies and a light snack in the afternoon. More Hampton Inns should look at this hotel and model their service on Huntsville's Hampton. They were simply perfect in every way!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

July 20-23 2008
We recently returned from a family trip in Huntsville, AL.... our stay at the Hampton Inn Arsensal/South Parkway was really nice. Although I must say that when we checked in we had a room with two beds (standard room) and they were like twin beds, just enough for one person. My husband and I were terribly uncomfortable, so we contacted the front desk around 11:30pm and she graciously allowed us to change rooms, one that had a nice/roomy King bed and a pull out sofa. It was more than enough room for both of usour 3yr old... and our other 2 kids. The room did come with Frig.. and microwave. The breakfast was GREAT! It's not what you would get at home, --it was complimentary and we were not complaining. Much better than purchasing food a fast food resturant. Juice coffee, fruit, yogurt, pastries, cereal (cold) and hot breakfast varies everyday. The lobby was beautiful, nice and clean with plenty of seating, and a plasma television on the wall... you could enjoy your morning coffee while watching the news comfortably.The only thing I did not like, and this was just "wrong week" the pool was being worked on... therefore the kids were stuck in the room,,,, The Raddison with is located next door and owned by the same person allowed the Hampton guest to use their pool without a problem. Overall, our family enjoyed our stay! Hope you will enjoy your stay as well!

Stayed July 2008
Atlantic Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2008

I stayed here for work the week of January 7th. I was in Hunstville for business at the Arsenal. First, the hotel is a quick drive to an entrance gate. I think it took about 5 minutes to get into the Arsenal each day - great ease of access. The breakfast was good and was different each morning. There was a good selection of pastries, fruits, and cereals. The front desk staff was extremely helpful in resolving any problems that I had. Also, internet access is great. Wireless is available throughout the entire hotel and there is also a computer in the lobby for guest use.

Now for the down side. Every night I had to remove two or three lady bugs that were flying around the room. I mean, one or two for the entire week isn't bad, but this was every night. I never found out where they came from. Also, the AC unit in the room was extremely noisy and the staff couldn't do anything about it. The weather was unusually warm for the time of year, I think in the high 60's Monday through Wednesday. I got around running it while I was in the room by blasting it full chill while my co-worker and I ate dinner in various restaurants. I would just leave the fan on during the night and it was fine.

• Liked — great staff, great breakfast, great location
  • Disliked — noisy AC unit
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn Huntsville - Arsensal/South Parkway? Share your experiences!