“great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Cumming, Georgia
“great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

When we arrived the front desk clerk handed us a bottle of water and stated I know you had a long drive and we have been waiting for you. We had a VERY clean room, tasty breakfast and the entire staff we encountered was extremly nice. We always had hot water for the shower, this is not always true at all hotels.
On business and needed a stapler one night and they even loaned me one of theirs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

i ve been here monday tueday wednesday thursday at 1st every thing seemed normal then one night i went to car at 0047 in observed a man outside the door at wall peeking in to lobby observed a w/m in a w/fm across the street argueing when i asked him could i help him in a courtesy way he ran across street between 2 lighted office buildings in for the other 2 they ran behind the lighted bldg i honestly believe if the doors would not have been locked he or they would have came in i later found out there is no security officers here on site i feel if a security officer would have been here things would have been different i m just glad the man didnt jump me i have a artifical right foot i wear a special brace on right foot in my left leg i had baby toe removed so if he would have attacked me i would have been in need of help which in my case there wqas none they need security officers here very very bad this is a major safety issue also the exercise room was dirty in smelled when i went to use it every day of my stay upon entering the floor by elevator or stairs it smells really bad a awfull smell awfull the supper in the afternoons here sometimes is good but not enough when its gone its gone not enough for everyone in hotel exspecially when they serve chilli it is a joke the remote to our tv is broken on back u have to get uo to turn tv on n off change volume u have to get up the only thing that worked on the remote was the channel changer the heater makes a noise sounds like a train at nite the refrigerator hums sometimes in the nite when the housekeeper came to my room she dcleaned it but by the dresser n tv in by the bed n nightstand she forget to pick up candy wrappers thereour overall experience here was awfull on a scale of 1 -10 i give here a 1 awfull experience the desk clerk that works on 3rd shift is exceptionally wonderfull does her job jokes around firm very polite good public relations she would make a great gm at the hampton inn i also think they need to keep the lights off at night in the eatery in study/tv area for safety purposes it is easier to see outside if the lights would have been off would have been easier to see man outside this inn really needs a security officer bad i will never stay here again or any hampton inn this experience was awfull when i told the gm 2 dqays later she expressed no concern about my issues other than saying im sorry sorry doesnt cut it when it comes to safety of guests n employees at the inn in my opinion the reason it was 2 days later was because it took here the 2nd day to respond back to me in only after i told the day shift clerk that i was not happy with my service here then in only then did she come up to counter i did not feel the comfort of gm as i would if i had been at a holiday inn for now on i will stay no where but the holiday inn holiday inn i give 10 = 100% hampton inn i give 2 = 20% u choose

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cheryl M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville - Arsensal/South Parkway, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guest are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us improve the safety of out hotel. Again, we sincerely apologized for all the inconveniences that you endured while staying with us. We will be sure to work with our team members to ensure that we make the necessary changes. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me directly. Please accept a gift certificate from our sister property for a free night stay that will be sent to your address provided at the hotel. Have a nice day.

Cheryl McLaughlin
Front Desk Manager
Hampton Inn/Arsenal/South Parkway
501 Blvd South
Huntsville, Al. 35802
256.882.2228
Celebration, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

You can't find many hotels in Huntville AL that include Dinners in their basic rates. I was not overly impressed with their Breakfest menu and was surprised that they had some hot items on the bars when returning in the evening. Only problem is it gone pretty fast and they do not serve second once its gone, Remenber it only on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday around 4:30 to 5:30. Most the time you coud find hot baked cookie at the bar in the evening. Remenber now they are going through some Remoding and some of the rooms are not available.

Room Tip: Hampton South has a hot meal at dinner time if you get back before 5:00pm most the time its all gone...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cheryl M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville - Arsensal/South Parkway, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the level of service you experienced during your stay. We are working to improve our offerings and we will address our team member to ensure that we are providing excellent service by keeping our food area fully stocked. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we hope you will come back and stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Cheryl McLaughlin
Fayetteville, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Recently we went with our son and three grandchildren to the Hampton Inn in Huntsville. We stayed with the children while our son was at a conference. The staff was extremely helpful, giving directions and suggestions of activities we could do with the children in the morning, and the pool was delightfully refreshing in the afternoon. The breakfast was the best we've ever had at a hotel! Thanks again for a great time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bloomingdale, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights (Wed-Thu-Fri), and we found the hotel clean and pleasant, the parking convenient, and the staff friendly and accommodating. The room had two double beds, AND a refrigerator AND a microwave AND a work desk AND a lap desk for those times I wanted to use the laptop in bed. Each bed had THREE pillows. The beds/pillows were clean and extremely comfortable.

The desk area had one outlet available above the desk, one outlet available below the desk, and a lamp on the desk that had two outlets incorporated into its base, which were very useful for connecting the cell phone charger and the camera battery charger.

We were never bothered by noise from the hallway or adjacent rooms.

The bathtub/sink areas were clean. The shower was easy to set and the water flow was strong. Steamed-up mirrors could probably be cleared with the hair dryer mounted close by.

The morning breakfasts were designed to satisfy a large variety of tastes. Main dishes varied each morning and each was delicious. I accessorized my "main dish" breakfasts with a hard boiled egg, a yogurt, a blueberry muffin (or danish) and orange juice. (The cranberry juice, while good, seemed a bit watery.) I left the hotel each morning ready-to-go and wanting only cheaper gas prices.

I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I stayed here for one night on business, and was originally not happy that my travel agent booked me at another Hampton Inn after my disaster in Albuquerque. But I was pleasantly surprised after arriving at this hotel.

The location is good; Memorial Parkway is a wide, long highway with lots of shops and restaurants, and the hotel is closer to the less-busy part of the road. The access is really good, although it can take awhile to leave due to long traffic lights. There are some restaurants within reasonable walking distance (Rosie's Mexican and a pizza place), but your options are better out toward the busier section of Memorial Parkway (back towards I-565).

The hotel was very clean on the outside and inside, and the staff was extremely friendly! I got a "Good Morning" from every hotel staff member I met or passed by. The room was pretty clean; no problems with stains, stickiness, or dirt anywhere. Towels were clean, as well; something I had to check after my Hampton Inn stay in Albuquerque. The room curtains were starting to fall a bit; the bathtub and shower curtain were a bit outdated, and the hot water takes forever to come on (my advice: turn on the hot water and go do something for 5-8 minutes or so), but once it works, the shower was nice.

The bed was clean and EXTREMELY comfortable! I liked it better than my bed at home and my personal bed is pretty darn good. TV was not overly complicated and had a good assortment of cable channels. There is a lack of accessible power outlets in the room, though. In the morning, I found myself ironing on the coffee table because it was closest to the only free and accessible wall outlet. There was an outlet just out of reach behind my bed, but I couldn't lift/move the bed very far to access it.

The elevators are comically slow, but they and the hallways were very clean. Breakfast was decent, but I would have liked to see a little more on the hot side, like eggs and/or sausage. They did have warmed cheese bagel-toppers, which I thought was different and kind of cool.

No real major complaints, as I was very happy overall. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and a stay at this Hampton Inn redeemed my perspective of the chain after a previously bad experience at another Hampton Inn. If I needed to, I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: King room with pull-out sleeper sofa gives you a lot more room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This was very disappointing for a Hampton Inn. The room was dirty, the halls were dirty and the service was terrible. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family