“4 days with the grandchildren” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Fayetteville, Georgia, United States
“4 days with the grandchildren”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Recently we went with our son and three grandchildren to the Hampton Inn in Huntsville. We stayed with the children while our son was at a conference. The staff was extremely helpful, giving directions and suggestions of activities we could do with the children in the morning, and the pool was delightfully refreshing in the afternoon. The breakfast was the best we've ever had at a hotel! Thanks again for a great time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bloomingdale, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights (Wed-Thu-Fri), and we found the hotel clean and pleasant, the parking convenient, and the staff friendly and accommodating. The room had two double beds, AND a refrigerator AND a microwave AND a work desk AND a lap desk for those times I wanted to use the laptop in bed. Each bed had THREE pillows. The beds/pillows were clean and extremely comfortable.

The desk area had one outlet available above the desk, one outlet available below the desk, and a lamp on the desk that had two outlets incorporated into its base, which were very useful for connecting the cell phone charger and the camera battery charger.

We were never bothered by noise from the hallway or adjacent rooms.

The bathtub/sink areas were clean. The shower was easy to set and the water flow was strong. Steamed-up mirrors could probably be cleared with the hair dryer mounted close by.

The morning breakfasts were designed to satisfy a large variety of tastes. Main dishes varied each morning and each was delicious. I accessorized my "main dish" breakfasts with a hard boiled egg, a yogurt, a blueberry muffin (or danish) and orange juice. (The cranberry juice, while good, seemed a bit watery.) I left the hotel each morning ready-to-go and wanting only cheaper gas prices.

I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I stayed here for one night on business, and was originally not happy that my travel agent booked me at another Hampton Inn after my disaster in Albuquerque. But I was pleasantly surprised after arriving at this hotel.

The location is good; Memorial Parkway is a wide, long highway with lots of shops and restaurants, and the hotel is closer to the less-busy part of the road. The access is really good, although it can take awhile to leave due to long traffic lights. There are some restaurants within reasonable walking distance (Rosie's Mexican and a pizza place), but your options are better out toward the busier section of Memorial Parkway (back towards I-565).

The hotel was very clean on the outside and inside, and the staff was extremely friendly! I got a "Good Morning" from every hotel staff member I met or passed by. The room was pretty clean; no problems with stains, stickiness, or dirt anywhere. Towels were clean, as well; something I had to check after my Hampton Inn stay in Albuquerque. The room curtains were starting to fall a bit; the bathtub and shower curtain were a bit outdated, and the hot water takes forever to come on (my advice: turn on the hot water and go do something for 5-8 minutes or so), but once it works, the shower was nice.

The bed was clean and EXTREMELY comfortable! I liked it better than my bed at home and my personal bed is pretty darn good. TV was not overly complicated and had a good assortment of cable channels. There is a lack of accessible power outlets in the room, though. In the morning, I found myself ironing on the coffee table because it was closest to the only free and accessible wall outlet. There was an outlet just out of reach behind my bed, but I couldn't lift/move the bed very far to access it.

The elevators are comically slow, but they and the hallways were very clean. Breakfast was decent, but I would have liked to see a little more on the hot side, like eggs and/or sausage. They did have warmed cheese bagel-toppers, which I thought was different and kind of cool.

No real major complaints, as I was very happy overall. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and a stay at this Hampton Inn redeemed my perspective of the chain after a previously bad experience at another Hampton Inn. If I needed to, I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: King room with pull-out sleeper sofa gives you a lot more room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This was very disappointing for a Hampton Inn. The room was dirty, the halls were dirty and the service was terrible. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Stayed August 16th for one night for a business meeting. Hotel check in was smooth, the desk person was very friendly. She found me a restaurant within walking distance that had great pizza. Room was spacious and clean.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Dear Hampton and the wonderful team at Hampton South Parkway Huntsville, Alabama,
My family, friends, wife and I stayed at the Hampton on South Parkway Huntsville Memorial Day weekend when my wife and I got married. First of all, I called months in advance to obtain information about reserving a block of rooms for my family and friends. Edyta Hall and Nikki Raymer handled all of my questions and concerns very professionally and efficiently. They organized every room with bed arrangements and smoking details according to my guest preference. They stayed in complete communication with me about room reservation and gave my group a very fair price. The daily breakfast was excellent and a life saver, not to have worry about feeding my large group of people. Edyta really went out of her way and even called and set up a reservation for our honeymoon at the Hilton in Orange Beach, Alabama, which was really helpful in my busy life of working and planning my wedding at the time. From my first entrance to my last departure at the Hampton Southparkway, the entire staff was on point and very friendly to my family and friends. Julie and Allison were also very clutch in helping us with little requests that came up. The hotel itself was extremely clean and in a great location as we were getting married within walking distance to the D&L Bistro. To summarize, Edyta, Nikki, Julie and Allison are a top notch team that executed our stay perfectly! I will always speak highly of Hampton Inn and Hilton because of their attention to detail, excellent customer service and their ability to provide a top tier experience for their guests. I will stay with you all again and wish you and your team the best in the future. I just wanted to help recognize these individuals for going above and beyond with my wife, family and friends.
Thanks so much!
Jimmy and Nadiah Edwards

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Arsenal for business from June 1st til June 15th. The staff at this hotel are very courteous and go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Both Front Desk and Housekeeping managers were exceptional, asking if I needed any further assistance during my stay. The General Manager at this property was Polish and very friendly. Miss Editya (sorry if I spelled her name incorrectly) was always smiling and promotes a friendly atmosphere at the end of a long and busy day at work. The hotel is situated near the Redstone Arsenal, very close to gate one which was perfect for me as I was working on base while I was here.

The rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the Huntsville area!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Huntsville - Arsensal/South Parkway? Share your experiences!