“Not clean” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Not clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This was very disappointing for a Hampton Inn. The room was dirty, the halls were dirty and the service was terrible. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Stayed August 16th for one night for a business meeting. Hotel check in was smooth, the desk person was very friendly. She found me a restaurant within walking distance that had great pizza. Room was spacious and clean.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Dear Hampton and the wonderful team at Hampton South Parkway Huntsville, Alabama,
My family, friends, wife and I stayed at the Hampton on South Parkway Huntsville Memorial Day weekend when my wife and I got married. First of all, I called months in advance to obtain information about reserving a block of rooms for my family and friends. Edyta Hall and Nikki Raymer handled all of my questions and concerns very professionally and efficiently. They organized every room with bed arrangements and smoking details according to my guest preference. They stayed in complete communication with me about room reservation and gave my group a very fair price. The daily breakfast was excellent and a life saver, not to have worry about feeding my large group of people. Edyta really went out of her way and even called and set up a reservation for our honeymoon at the Hilton in Orange Beach, Alabama, which was really helpful in my busy life of working and planning my wedding at the time. From my first entrance to my last departure at the Hampton Southparkway, the entire staff was on point and very friendly to my family and friends. Julie and Allison were also very clutch in helping us with little requests that came up. The hotel itself was extremely clean and in a great location as we were getting married within walking distance to the D&L Bistro. To summarize, Edyta, Nikki, Julie and Allison are a top notch team that executed our stay perfectly! I will always speak highly of Hampton Inn and Hilton because of their attention to detail, excellent customer service and their ability to provide a top tier experience for their guests. I will stay with you all again and wish you and your team the best in the future. I just wanted to help recognize these individuals for going above and beyond with my wife, family and friends.
Thanks so much!
Jimmy and Nadiah Edwards

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Arsenal for business from June 1st til June 15th. The staff at this hotel are very courteous and go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Both Front Desk and Housekeeping managers were exceptional, asking if I needed any further assistance during my stay. The General Manager at this property was Polish and very friendly. Miss Editya (sorry if I spelled her name incorrectly) was always smiling and promotes a friendly atmosphere at the end of a long and busy day at work. The hotel is situated near the Redstone Arsenal, very close to gate one which was perfect for me as I was working on base while I was here.

The rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the Huntsville area!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

This Hampton Inn is not far from downtown and just a couple miles from the arsenal. I did stay there an entire week however I should have just relocated to a different hotel the first night. Note that I did not complain until the last day.

With this review, I will start small and work my way up to the major event that would have made me move had I stayed in Huntsville for another day. They had a standard Hampton Inn breakfast which was adequate however, there were a variety coffee creamers except for a plain type on the first two days and maybe that was just bad timing on my part however there weren’t any coffee lids on any of the days I stayed there.

The water fountain was out of order, one of the days the elevator was being worked on and out of use, the treadmill did not work all 5 days and there weren’t any towels in the gym (nor did it look very clean).

Room 310 had several problems with mold in the bathroom. There were marks on the walls and a stain on the sofa. The toilet was slow to flush and on the last day overflowed. I used all of the towels while trying to stop the water...

The Staff was friendly however they did not respond as I would have hoped once a problem was reported. They could not find a plunger nor replacement towels. I was brought 4 Hampton Inn FLOOR towels because the clerk could not find any bath towels. At that point the clerk asked if I wanted change rooms which I agreed to.

The clerk said she would leave a note to ask the manager to credit 1 night stay.

At checkout the manager was not available and I have not received any follow-up contact. The hotel is old and needs to be refurbished; I do not plan to stay there again until it is.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

This Hampton Inn is removed a little bit from the Downtown Huntsville area (10 Min) and as a result tends to be less expensive than in-town hotels.

The Staff was very friendly and the breakfast standard and adequate. Room was typical, clean and the bed comfortable. Adorned with a flat panel TV and CFL bulbs, I liked it.

The hotel is showing it's age but don't let that be a dtriment as it is maintained well. I say this becuase the AC unit, being older, was typically louder than I like.

The neighborhood and parking area is safe. Nice restaurants within walking distance. WIFI was easy to use and login on.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Booked online 2 non-refundable rooms for $80 + tax, decent location in business park. Not many options for dining in the area. Easy access. Hotel showing it's age, nice outside appearance but inside dated carpet, etc. Small outdoor pool was clean & has several tables & chairs. Good, reliable Hampton breakfast. Would probably stay here again if in the area- for the right price

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Huntsville - Arsensal/South Parkway? Share your experiences!