“GREAT STAY OVERALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 53 hotels in Huntsville
LYNN HAVEN
“GREAT STAY OVERALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We came to Huntsville for a funeral and the hotel stay made for a nice trip. Facility was in good condition, the staff was wonderful. Would stay again if passing thru. Thank You Hampton Inn !!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Frequent trips to Huntsville have provided a myriad of hotel experiences including three stays at different Hampton Inn locations. The last Hampton Inn stay at the Hampton Inn Huntsville-Arsenal/South Pkway was wonderful but a little far from where I needed to be. I have always stayed away from the University Drive hotels, knowing that these hotels are older and tend to be rundown. I now book Hampton Inns because I can expect a certain standard. Unfortunately these standards need to be lowered at this hotel..Rooms all have outside entrances. They are smaller and there is no wifi in the rooms. The breezeway rooms, next to the elevator, can get noisy as people congregate waiting for the elevator. When I first entered the lobby, I was surprised at how crowded it was. I encountered one staff member who was less than helpful but for the most part, I found all the staff to be delightful. To be fair, having the Wifi in the lobby forced me to get out of my room in the evening where I discovered the benefits of this hotel. What other hotel serves a light meal in the evening? The broccoli soup, the taco soup, the fruit, and the assorted cookies were greatly appreciated. Would I stay here again? Probably not-I think I would prefer staying where the rooms are inside, the lobby is a little less crowded, and the rooms slightly larger but this hotel is not entirely devoid of the Hampton Inn hospitality.

Room Tip: The first floor breezeway next to the elevators can be noisy. There is an outside seating area wher...
Kabul, Afghanistan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The room was clean and quiet, the breakfast was decent, and the staff was helpful and courteous. But there is no laundry room on the property. I had to drive a few miles to a location that they recommended. There were some hustlers and G's hanging around the laundromat and luckily, since I'm an O.G. myself, I scored some bubonic chronic and blazed up a hella blunt!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Doris H, Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed that we did not have a laundry room at our hotel. I truly apologize if you if this caused you any inconveniences and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience.

Again, I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.
Pittsburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I like to stay at Hampton when I travel so when I saw I was going to Huntsville I booked it. When I saw it was an "outie" design I was disappointed (note: there are some interior corridor rooms at the back of the hotel). When I got to my room I was pleased - while not new it was very clean with a nice flat screen TV. The cookies from the front desk improved my mood even more. Then I switched on my iPad only to discover there was no WIFI service (it was available in the lobby, not much help when I was near the back of the hotel). To add to my misery, my sleep was interrupted by sirens and alarms on both nights I was there.

I will say the staff was very friendly. This was a trip where I did not have the opportunity to sample the breakfast, but they seem to be pretty standard across the chain now. I do not see, nor did I look for an exercise room.

Overall the comfort of the room was fine. If you do not need WIFI (there is wired intranet service in the room) and do not mind having an exterior corridor room, well, this hotel is fine. It just does not work for me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Doris H, Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize in regards to the noise you encountered during your stay. I totally regret that noise was disruptive to you and apologize that you're comfort was interrupted. In addition, I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced by the lack of Wi-Fi in your room. We are always listening to our guests and I can assure you that your feedback will be taken into consideration to find alternative solutions to satisfy our guests.

Again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have had and I hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.
America
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Fantastic staff. Older style Hampton Inn that has had a moderate make-over. Nothing to do with the hotel, but smoker in the room next door ruined my stay--smoking out on the walkways will go right into the rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Doris H, Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. I was happy to read from your review that you thought that our staff was fantastic while you stayed with us. Our main priority is for our guests to experience a welcoming stay. We do apologize for the smell of your suite during your stay and we hope you will give us another chance if you return to the area.
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel is clean. The staff is super friendly and gave good a lot of suggestion for places to eat dinner. The rooms are really nice and most important the bed is comfortable. Breakfast was really good and they served until 10:00 A.M.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Fayetteville, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I average about 60 hotel stays a year on business, and I prefer to stay at Hampton Inns most of the time because they offer consistent quality and amenities. I am sorry to say that this property does not live up to the Hampton Inn standard. I have no complaints of the service or staff which were great. The problem is the building itself.
This is an older hotel with external doors and stairways that you would find at a low end chain. No interior corridors = A big negative. Outside traffic and housekeepers rolling carts outside our door on concrete was a big nuisance. Our room was also quite small. We had two twin beds in our room and barely had room to maneuver around each other. The third big complaint is the lack of WIFI. While there is an ethernet port in the room, I do most of my business on a tablet and need WIFI access.
Bottom line: Don’t be fooled by the low rates. I would rather pay a little more and get the amenities and room quality I am used to at Hampton Inn. Next time I will pick one of the other HI’s in town.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask for a first floor room for easier access.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Huntsville? Share your experiences!