“No laundry room” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 54 hotels in Huntsville
Kabul, Afghanistan
“No laundry room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The room was clean and quiet, the breakfast was decent, and the staff was helpful and courteous. But there is no laundry room on the property. I had to drive a few miles to a location that they recommended. There were some hustlers and G's hanging around the laundromat and luckily, since I'm an O.G. myself, I scored some bubonic chronic and blazed up a hella blunt!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Doris H, Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed that we did not have a laundry room at our hotel. I truly apologize if you if this caused you any inconveniences and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience.

Again, I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Pittsburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I like to stay at Hampton when I travel so when I saw I was going to Huntsville I booked it. When I saw it was an "outie" design I was disappointed (note: there are some interior corridor rooms at the back of the hotel). When I got to my room I was pleased - while not new it was very clean with a nice flat screen TV. The cookies from the front desk improved my mood even more. Then I switched on my iPad only to discover there was no WIFI service (it was available in the lobby, not much help when I was near the back of the hotel). To add to my misery, my sleep was interrupted by sirens and alarms on both nights I was there.

I will say the staff was very friendly. This was a trip where I did not have the opportunity to sample the breakfast, but they seem to be pretty standard across the chain now. I do not see, nor did I look for an exercise room.

Overall the comfort of the room was fine. If you do not need WIFI (there is wired intranet service in the room) and do not mind having an exterior corridor room, well, this hotel is fine. It just does not work for me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Doris H, Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize in regards to the noise you encountered during your stay. I totally regret that noise was disruptive to you and apologize that you're comfort was interrupted. In addition, I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced by the lack of Wi-Fi in your room. We are always listening to our guests and I can assure you that your feedback will be taken into consideration to find alternative solutions to satisfy our guests.

Again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have had and I hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.
America
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Fantastic staff. Older style Hampton Inn that has had a moderate make-over. Nothing to do with the hotel, but smoker in the room next door ruined my stay--smoking out on the walkways will go right into the rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Doris H, Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. I was happy to read from your review that you thought that our staff was fantastic while you stayed with us. Our main priority is for our guests to experience a welcoming stay. We do apologize for the smell of your suite during your stay and we hope you will give us another chance if you return to the area.
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel is clean. The staff is super friendly and gave good a lot of suggestion for places to eat dinner. The rooms are really nice and most important the bed is comfortable. Breakfast was really good and they served until 10:00 A.M.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Fayetteville, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I average about 60 hotel stays a year on business, and I prefer to stay at Hampton Inns most of the time because they offer consistent quality and amenities. I am sorry to say that this property does not live up to the Hampton Inn standard. I have no complaints of the service or staff which were great. The problem is the building itself.
This is an older hotel with external doors and stairways that you would find at a low end chain. No interior corridors = A big negative. Outside traffic and housekeepers rolling carts outside our door on concrete was a big nuisance. Our room was also quite small. We had two twin beds in our room and barely had room to maneuver around each other. The third big complaint is the lack of WIFI. While there is an ethernet port in the room, I do most of my business on a tablet and need WIFI access.
Bottom line: Don’t be fooled by the low rates. I would rather pay a little more and get the amenities and room quality I am used to at Hampton Inn. Next time I will pick one of the other HI’s in town.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask for a first floor room for easier access.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stay at a lot of Hilton properties (HH Diamond) and while I prefer Hilton Garden Inns, I selected this Hampton Inn as it was close to my business in Huntsville. I found this Hampton Inn to be a step above the others I have visited recently. I was impressed with the morning breakfast at this facility – the food items were refreshed frequently and the tables bussed as needed – most guest self-bus their tables.

A special thanks to the front desk lady at check-in that directed us to Wintzell’s Oyster Bar just behind the Hampton Inn. We enjoy three nice dinners in this fine eatery.

We also enjoyed the Manager’s nightly reception with snacks and delicious homemade fruit punch and lemonade. Wednesday night is not to be missed as the appetizers are from Wintzell’s.

The in-room Ethernet worked fine – as a replacement for the WiFi which, as others state, only works in the lobby & pool area.

The TV reception was a tad flakey – Dish TV is my guess – the PBS station was only viewable the first night, after that it was a digital mess.

Good value, good location and southern hospitality.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Christopher, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here as a stop on our way to Panama City Beach. I would gladly come back, and stay here. The ladies at the front desk were so nice. :) The cable was out when we first arrived because there was a storm, but all was up and running in no time. The layout of the hotel is a little confusing, but after a little self exploration, we figured it out. The pool was nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Huntsville? Share your experiences!