“Older Outside Entrance Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members save 10%
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Gainesville, GA
“Older Outside Entrance Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

The property is current with required modifications but it is an older style (outside entrance) motel. It appears there was at least one addition, maybe two. This place is always booked and I really don't get it. It is an OK property and there are much newer and nicer Hilton properties in the area. Huntsvill traffic is never bad enough to eliminate the other properties. No real complaints, it is just an old hotel with small bathrooms, etc.

Room Tip: I think the new wing has inside rooms, try for those.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

This was our first time in Huntsville. Visited the rocket and space museum. This is an older Hampton Inn, but seemed to have been recently remodeled. Outside entrances, but this did not bother me, because the rooms were nice and clean as well. Breakfast was good, loved the oatmeal all Hamptons that we visited on our trip have added to their breakfast menu. The personnel were extremely nice. Only downside to our stay was no WIFI in the rooms. It was in the lobby. The front desk offered to move us to a room closer to the lobby so that maybe we could pick up the WIFI. The signal was not strong so we did not move rooms.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn located off of University PL in Huntsville, AL. I travel frequently and usually stay at a Marriott or something similar or better. I must say, this was the nicest, cleanest and friendliest hotel I have stayed at for less than $100night. The staff was excellent, hot and continental breakfast (scrambled eggs, hash browns and waffles) with select beverages that even my 10yr old loved.
I rarely feel the need to comment as I believe each visit in a hotel should be "what you pay for" , but this time, I paid little and received a whole lot more. The area is very nice, the mall is less than a mile away and easy access to "Historic" Huntsville and highway access. The rooms were so clean and fresh, with free Wifi, down comforter and pillows and my wife, who will not stay at anything less than a Hilton, was so pleased that even she asked me to leave such a review.
All I can say is, the rooms are huge and literally it is an escape from travel when I stayed in this hotel. I wish I could just carry that hotel with me on all my other trips as I will give Hampton Inn my first choice for now on

Room Tip: Pick a room near the office, the Wifi is stronger and less walking to the breakfast. Buy food if you...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

This is one of the nicest Hampton Inns. A nice upscale hotel with a great mattress so that we felt refreshed in the morning.. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and a good variety.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

This property is not the typical Hampton Inn. The building appears to be a remodeled older hotel but clean and nicely remodeled. Rooms are exterior but property very well lit. Internet in rooms is wired, which I prefer; wireless can be spotty. Our room was very clean and nicely decorated. Property is located on University Ave. which is an extremely busy road and area of town but noise was not a problem. The breakfast was good. All hotel personnel were friendly and helpful. Our room rate was very good with government discount.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011 via mobile

Nice hotel, clean. Updated rooms, comfortable beds,
great stay . No wifi in rooms have to plug in for internet. Wifi in lobby

• Stayed October 2011
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I just spent 4 nights at this property.
Initially I was concerned about being assigned a room with an exterior door, but I needn't have worried. I felt quite safe. My car was parked right outside and there was good lighting. While it was the weekend of a college game and the hotel was full of boosters and students, there was no noise or interruptions. In fact, it was hard to tell that I had neighbors on each side and above me.
The breakfast was adequate and the staff very friendly. The maid service was good, but it did fluctuate slightly from day to day. The linens and bedcovers were very nice and plush.
I'll definitely return to this hotel on my next trip to Huntsville.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn Huntsville? Share your experiences!