“Just an average clean place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #22 of 53 hotels in Huntsville
Alexandria, Virginia
“Just an average clean place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Had to leave the exhaust fan on all night in the bathroom because cigarette smoke was coming in to room thru vent in middle of night. No food at night like residence inn. GPS had me drive thru a parking lot at a mall to get to the hotel because no left turn off hwy 72 to the road where the hotel was. No indoor pool.

• Stayed March 2013
RealLiving, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Huntsville, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I apologize about the cigarette smoke entering your room. We have set up our smoking areas in locations that are least likely to allow smoke to get into the intake area of the air conditioning in our guest suites, but we can't always control where our guests smoke.

As far as the GPS goes, there is actually a left turn off of University on to McMurtrie drive, just past the shopping center that you came through to get to the hotel. Different models of GPS units seem to give differing directions on how to get to our property.

I am glad that most of your experience was positive and I hope you'll come and stay with us again soon!

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Can't say enough nice things about the young lady who checked me and my partner in. I'm not gonna forgive myself for forgetting her name but we talked about her daughter, how much she enjoyed working for Marriott, etc. hotel was spotless.
We overslept and ended up running a few minutes late past check out, but housekeeping took it in stride and laughed with us as we darted out.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so much! The lady you spoke with at the front desk is Ashauna, our Guest Services Manager. I am so glad to hear that you had a great stay with us! Late checkouts happen, and I'm glad that we were able to accomodate you painlessly! Come back and see us again on your next visit to Huntsville.
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is an excellent choice when coming to Huntsville or Redstone Arsnenal. For Marriott Club Members, it is better value than the nearby Residence Inn or Fairfield Inn. Being cheaper than the older Residence and more ammenities than the older Fairfield. It is located adjacent to a shopping mall with many major clothing stores and a Target. Walking distance to several sit down and fast food restaurants. There is an outdoor pool, a small fitness center. The suites are ample and reasonably up-to-date. Breakfast is as you might expect in this class. As a bonus for the kiddies they had chocolate milk during my stay. Staff is very fireindly and accomodating. They had no difficulty with my 8:00 AM arrival. If you are not familar with the area you might have trouble going west on Hwy 72. Just enter and exit through the Target shopping center parking lot where there is a traffic light.

Room Tip: No problems with noise in any room as the hotel is off the man drag by a block.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've been staying at this hotel since April 2012 and up until that time the location, staff, accommodations were awesome. I never had a problem and always looked forward to coming back. However, all that changed in August 2012, when I was given RM212. I have NEVER stayed in this room before and I should have known better not to have stayed in this room because when I first got inside, the toilet seat was broken. The staff was prompt and fixed this issue, however all hell broke loose when I found bed bugs 2 days later. This was a very disgusting and anxiety-filled experience for which the hotel staff did refund my money for the entire visit. Yet, I do NOT plan on returning to this location!

Room Tip: Every room isn't horrible, but please do yourself a favor and be sure to check your room thoroug...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

For whatever reason, prices are highly variable. At times this hotel is a good value and at other times it jumps another $20 to $30 per night in price -- making it rather expensive for what it is.

When the prices are lower, however, it's definitely where I'd want to stay in the Huntsville area. It's along University, which is convenient to many parts of Huntsville. Rooms are clean and it is well-managed. The breakfast is less extensive than some other hotels, but they do have a waffle maker that helps make up for the shortcomings. Also, the fact that even the smaller rooms have a stove means that it's very easy to go buy some eggs at the Super Target next door that you can scramble or fry up for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed here recently with my family and i'm going to warn you up front that this is a spartan ad minimalist, but clean extended stay hotel. The water pressure was terrible (average for a hotel though) ad the breakfast is minimal. They don't provide you with enough blankets for the sofa bed and I would say if the price difference is less than $20-$25 go to the Residence Inn but if t price difference is big then stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were "walked" here from the Residence Inn around the corner after being overbooked. The 2 bedroom suites at Residence Inn have 2 full bathrooms, but at TownePlace the 2 bedroom suite only has one bath. Because of that were "comped" a 2bd, and a king studio suite. The beds were very comfortable, the rooms were decorated nicely, it was very quiet, we have no complaints! I'm not just giving a favorable review because we stayed the night for free, I'm giving a favorable review because we truly had a wonderful nights sleep here!

Room Tip: Some south-facing rooms have a view of the Space & Rocket Center.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Huntsville? Share your experiences!