“If you don't minute staying in a Motel 6.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Huntsville

You added Ramada Huntsville to your Saves list
Ramada Huntsville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4880 University Drive, Huntsville, AL 35816 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #45 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
“If you don't minute staying in a Motel 6.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Hotel is old and out of date. I was very disappointed. The cookies were not fresh. Colors were fadded. Not sure where the pictures came from on this review. The hotel did not look like this. Outside fools you since it doesn't look that bad. Only plus its the rooms are very large.

• Stayed November 2012
Ann D, General Manager at Ramada Huntsville, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
I am sincerely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the Country Inn and Suites, Huntsville Al. We appreciate the concerns you shared regarding updates needed and plans are being considered currently. I am not sure what happened with your afternoon cookies as the are prepared fresh daily, while the kitchen is preparing breakfast.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again when you return to Huntsville, Al and I would look forward to meeting you at that time.

Ann Dennett
Country Inn and Suites
Huntsville, Al.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Rochelle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

After staying at the awful Country Inn & Suites in Cartersville, GA, I don't know why we keep staying at these, except you get the gems like in Montgomery AL and Valdosta, GA. In Huntsville, we were travelling to see the volleyball tourny at UAH.
Many of the teams stayed here and our daughter stayed with her college team and reported her room was lovely.
Our room, #1314, was weird. The hotel does not seem like the typical Country Inn & Suites, it has a bar and a huge lobby, just different than the others we've stayed at. Getting to our room was half the adventure. The hotel is a tangled mess of dirty hallways and leaking roof troubles, but finally found our room in the corner of the end of a hall.
It was a small room with a weird layout. (see photos) Do not stay in this room if you are sharing with anyone except a very close relation. The bathroom doors do not close from the inside.
That's right. You go into the bathroom and the toilet does not even have a door, it is connected to the sink area, and that is open to the main room, but the handles are on the outside of those double doors. That's weird. But our daughter came into our room and said she loved hers, it was a suite with a couch and we've never ever gotten one of those without upgrading for cash.
Another weird thing: no shampoo or conditioner or coffee pot. There was a coffee maker, no pot. There was body lotion, no hair products. Hubby went to the desk and asked and they could not give him any and at 8:30am on Saturday, September 8, the housekeeping was not there, yet. (or so the clerk said).
This is an old hotel, with odd trap doors under the sink and chipped porcelain, but it was clean and they were trying. That's all you can ask, sometimes!

Room Tip: Do not check in to Room #1314!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Booked this because we needed to be close to Space Center and we have had fine experiences with this hotel chain in the past. However, this was a disgusting hotel. The ceilings in hallway were sagging, the bathroom was filthy, and the cabinets had chunks of wood missing. The ceiling had dark spots all over and the carpets had large stains. I am not a high maintenance kind of person, but I do expect clean...this hotel did not meet that expectation. Very disappointed this carries the Country Inn and Suites name.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Ramada Huntsville, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
We are very sorry to hear about the problems you encountered. We understand how frustrated you must feel. I have addressed your concerns regarding the cleanliness of the hotel with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Roswell, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed in this hotel just overnight- we didn't want to drive home too late at night. I will say that the location is not bad if you are visiting the Space Center-Only about 3 miles away. Check-in was average and routine... nothing stood out in both good or bad ways. By then, I could already tell that the clening routines could be improved before we even got to the room- especially by the lines or dirt and dust in the hallway. The room was very bizarrely arranged- the living area had an oversized kitchen, while the bathroom was as small as that of a San Francisco apartment. At first, disregarding the cleanliness of the lobby and hallway, the room seemed overall clean enough. I was wrong- in the bathtub there were several popcorn kernels and many long and short black hairs. In the back entrance to the main building, the sidewalk was covered in a mix of bird droppings, trash and cigarette butts. As well, it had the same disgusting mix of trash on the pool deck. Overall, I would never stay at this location again, due to the obvious cleanliness problems. I will also try to avoid the chain-brand itself the best I can.

Stayed June 2012
We are very sorry to hear about the problems you encountered. We understand how frustrated you must feel. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Where to start? The wallpaper by the sink was moldy and peeling off the walls. The open cabinet under the sink was moldy and sagging, the tub was filthy and covered w/ body hair when I checked in. I don’t think the hallway carpet was vacuumed at all during my 5 day stay. The inside stairwell was filthy as well as the walls. Each day I picked out other people’s hair from the “clean” towels before using them. The room needed a good detailed cleaning, corners were filthy and vents, phone and TV cable, etc. had a thick layer of dust. The breakfast area wasn’t very clean, worst bagels I ever had (dry and hard each morning). The stairway near my room leading to the outside was filthy – covered with bird droppings, cigarette butts, and general trash. It wasn’t cleaned either during my stay. One afternoon I came to my room and it had been left open, housekeeping was nowhere in sight. Who knows how long my room had been open! There was a group of 7 of us, we all had the same complaints. Worst of all, one of my fellow travelers was chewed up by bedbugs. I realize sanitation has nothing to do with bedbugs but this place really needs a good cleaning. Even the elevators were filthy and the floor was sticky each day. I’ve stayed at County Inn and Suites before, don’t know what happed with this place. I noticed that the housekeeping staff appeared very stressed each day and generally very unhappy, maybe there isn’t enough staff to properly maintain the facility Kudos: the manager and the housekeeping supervisor did take our complaints seriously. I don’t know if any action was taken based on our complaints and I never will because I will not stay at this particular location again. By the way, all of us tried to find a different hotel after the first night but everyone was booked.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, FL USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This doesn't look like the typical Country Inn and Suites. It's almost they were at one time an extended stay motel. Check in was simple and easy. It was a bit confusing trying to get to my room because it was in another building and couldn't be accessed except through the front entrance.

I was staying for business and that's where we were put up, but I've stayed at the Hampton Inn and down the road before while in Huntsville and liked it much better. The room was clean, but the overall look was a bit dated. The bed was OK, but not the greatest. Some of the people in our group had issues with the AC working in their rooms, but mine was fine.

Breakfast was decent and the dining area was large. I will say I usually am very happy with Country Inn and Suites breakfasts, but this one fell shy of hitting the mark.

I didn't hate my stay, but will probably book at the Hampton Inn again because I liked it better.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Alabaster, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Recently stayed 3 nights fir a conference. Room was very clean with flat screen tv and comfortable king size bed. Staff was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was included. Will definitely recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Ramada Huntsville? Share your experiences!