“Exceptional Service & value” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #27 of 53 hotels in Huntsville
Birmingham
“Exceptional Service & value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

When I am in Huntsville, this hotel is my first choice. It's very safe, parking lot well lit and usually populated by business professionals. The new lobby is open, pretty and there is always at least one staff member there at the entrance to greet you. Room service under promises and over delivers. Great value. The staff of this hotel is what makes it great. I'm always here on business so timely wake up calls , a comfortable clean room are the things I value. Ask for a room with a view of the Space and Rocket Center. Really pretty at night. This hotel is in a location central to the Huntsville/Madison area right off I 565 so easy in, easy out. But as I stated earlier, the true value here is the staff. They are the best.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Clanton, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

This was our third time to stay at this hotel. It is an older hotel that was recently renovated. The accommodations are ok, but the staff could use some improvement. The girls who checked us in were great. Our room was ok, but the bathroom is very small and the door swings in a way that is inconvenient but I don't see how it could be improved in this space. The hostess in the restaurant is unpleasant for someone who is greeting people. Even though the place was fairly empty on a weekend morning, she seated us (an older couple) next to a table of children. They went in and out so much that my friend had to move to the same side of the table as me. We found out there was some kind of sports tournament so there were several tables of children who were yelling and playing even in the buffet area. The parents ignored them and so did the hotel staff. The next morning I asked her to please seat us where we would not be disturbed by children. She rudely informed me that it just depended on which waitress was to get the next table. The next time I will take my breakfast in my room (if there is a next time.). Other than the conscience to the space center, there are many more choices of hotels in this area although we prefer Marriott. Next time we will try one of Marriott's other choices.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Daniel L, General Manager at Marriott Huntsville, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you, for taking the time to write a review. We are always trying to improve our service, and by letting me know I can address these issues with more training. Thank you for continuing to stay here at the Huntsville Marriott and I hope you will give us another chance, please feel free to contact me directly if you, would like to talk about your experience further. Just ask to speak with the GM 256 -830 -2222.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

This hotel located on the doorstep of the NASA facility is a beautiful property made for the business traveler. It is isolated from everything so no highway noise. We had a cabana room which is very nicely appointed with all the accommodations, bed was very comfortable, large balcony, however the bath room could use a face lift. Two issues here are this wing is not connect to the hotel, so you have to travel outside to get to this wing, and the noise in the hallways from the doors closing and the people talking will keep you awake. There are no restaurants or stores close, so the restaurants on property are good. Food is very good, but service is slow. Pool and fitness area is well equipped and relaxing.

Room Tip: If you get a cabana room, ask for something away from the elevator to avoid some of the noise...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife and I are from Huntsville. We decided to attend the Marriott's New Year's Eve party and get a room for the night there. We could not have been more pleased with the experience. Every staff member we encountered was well trained and extremely friendly. The sales manager Kenny made sure we had everything we needed. Whether you are looking for a place to stay when you come to Huntsville or looking for a vacation in your own city like we did, you will be very pleased with your selection of the Marriott.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed the week of Thanksgiving and the staff was very accommodating... of course there were just a few guests at the time, so would be expected... on Thanksgiving Day however the restaurant was mobbed... must have been good, but we didn't get to eat there as we were visiting family and busy visiting with them... the hotel overlooks the Space Museum, so if you are going to attend activities there, you cannot get closer...

Note that this hotel has been refurbished - on the inside... I am not a huge fan of the recent Marriott rehabs, not only the modern look, but the outside still has that 70's look... I like modern, but do not care for the way Marriott is implementing... better if it was a warm, classy versus modern and cold... just my .02.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We had a small block of rooms over 4th of July weekend to see the fireworks at the Space and Rocket Center. The staff was great and the Cabana rooms were Awesome! The rooms have been remodeled so it was staying at a resort. We had pool side patio rooms, which made pool access easily available for our family and kids. The staff made us feel like we were at home. We look forward to doing it again next year :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Marriott Huntsville? Share your experiences!