“Business Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Phoenix
“Business Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great place to stay, convientily located to central downtown Huntsville and all industrial area and shopping areas and places to eat. Easy access from Huntsville International Airport and right next to the NASA Space Muesum and Space Camp.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Santa Monica, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The Marriott lived up to the company's standards - the lobby was pretty, the rooms spacious, the staff friendly and helpful. I travel for business and hotels tend to blurr, but one thing that set this Marriott apart was the view! My room had a large window that framed The Saturn IB Launch Vehicle (a space-needle looking thing) through lovely green trees. It made me happy every morning.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of The Saturn IB Launch Vehicle!
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have stayed here before and don't recall the rooms stinking but this visit, the first room i was given stunk and the AC didn't work. I checked in late ( about midnight) so i wanted the AC to work. I was given another room which seemed a bit better ( not much) on the AC front so i took it. The next day when I came back from a day of work, that room also smelled of urine. Nasty. Both rooms had the AC at 65 degrees so the air should have been on high and blowing out any old nasty smell. Didn't work. I'm not sure if they now allow pets or what but this was two separate rooms on the concierge floor so it seems like a problem. The upside- the staff seems to try to please, like when i switched rooms after midnight check in but yet the smell was overwhelming.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We were in Huntsville for a wedding at the Botanical Gardens and needed a close room for the night. The Marriott Huntsville fit the bill perfect. Only a couple of blocks away. The room seemed recently renovated with all the amenities you'd expect in a newer hotel. My wife absolutely loved the bed. They are remodeling the lobby but it does not affect the hotel in anyway. Very clean room and helpful staff. The only complaint would be the shuttle only runs to the airport. We were hoping to take it to the wedding. Would definitely choose this hotel again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chatanooga TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I Read most of the reviews by other folks and was greatly surprised when I decided that heck with others. I wanted close to the Space Center. Folks, you can't get any closer, it's walking distance. Yes they are in the process of remodeling the entrance, big deal, we were still greeted with a smile and friendly atmosphere. Check-in time was supposed to start at 3 PM, we got there at 11:15 local and went straight to our room. The room was clean, as were the linens, towels and everything for that matter. We passed 2 of the cleaning staff or the way to our room and were greeted by each with a warm and friendly attitude. Don't know what problems other folks ran into but unless you expected the staff to be bent at 45 degrees in preparation, well enough said. I don't expect that so --. We had lunch in the hotel restaurant and contrary to other comments the
food and service was great. The restaurant was very clean and well maintained. We were there on Labor day weekend and we were treated as if we were the only folks in the whole place.
The only bad thing, my wife is a smoker and the hotel is non-smoking and NO!, we did not cheat,
we went outside to smoke. Although there were many guests (the parking lot was very full) there
was very little detectable noise. The only suggestion I would make is that for a hotel with the Marriott name, it was surprising that there was no small refrigerator in the room. But guess what, we survived. I would strongly recommend if you are going to the Space Center in Huntsville, AL that you pick the Marriott at 5 Tranquility Base for your temporary home.

Room Tip: I don't feel it would make any difference so take what they give you.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

As a Platinum Elite Marriott member I have stayed at this property 3 times. I'm here tonight for likely the last time. We can tell when the employees have "Marriott" training and when they haven't, and the employees here just don't seem to give a damn. It's just a general disregard, ignorance and indifference, to the so called "little things" that determine whether you come back or not. I ordered room service tonight and asked twice for an ice water with "lemon". I got the ice water...no lemon. I called down and had to ask for a Marriott robe ( which, as a Platinum Elite Member should have ben hanging in my closet upon arrival) if I had been booked into the typical, appropriate room. The genius "at your service" rep said "we have robes, but they don't say "Marriott" on them". I replied, "ok, just have one sent up". It did come up with my non lemon dinner. It was in a clear plastic wrap, it looked new, and it had embroidered on the upper breast left hand side the ubiquitous and unmistakable corporate phrase: "Marriott Hotels & Resorts".

The room service dinner was delicious and the room itself is nice and updated, but the employees need to be further educated, trained and maybe sent to another Marriott property to experience what other Marriott employees seem to have gleaned from their training. It doesn't appear to be too much of a difficult endeavor ( I've seen it manifested countless times at Marriott hotels & resorts nation wide) it does appear to absent, tonight, at this particular Marriott hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Club Level if possible. Small, but nice Concierge lounge, with very friendly staff
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here this past weekend for our family reunion. Check in was simple and all of the front desk employees greets you with a smile. Although they are remodeling it wasn't my focal point.
Our room was clean. We had double beds they were not queen size more of a full but comfortable. I requested a rollaway and they delivered it in less than 10 min. I did notice that you can clearly hear people talking in the hall but it didnt bother me due to it being my family members.
The hotel pool was great we stayed in the inside pool which also connects to the outside.
No complimentary breakfast but they do have a restaurant on site that serves it. The hotel is located right next to the space museum and not far away from major shopping and restaurants.
We had great time.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Marriott Huntsville? Share your experiences!