“Enjoyable stay in downtown Huntsville!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Huntsville Downtown

and 1 more site!
You added Holiday Inn Huntsville Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Huntsville Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 Williams Ave, Huntsville, AL 35801 (Formerly Hilton)   |
Ranked #29 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
“Enjoyable stay in downtown Huntsville!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed one night at the Holiday Inn in downtown Huntsville on September 14, 2012. I had a very pleasant stay. My room was spacious, clean, and quiet. The bed was very comfortable, and the hotel's location in downtown Huntsville came at a reasonable price of under a hundred dollars. The hotel provided a washer and dryer with no extra charge for self - service laundry. I did not eat dinner here, but the breakfast buffet was fast and convenient. I had a lot of luggage that I did not want to leave in my station wagon, but the hotel had several luggage carts available, so this did not turn out to be a problem. For those of you who enjoy fine dining, a Ruth's Chris Steak House is within walking distance across the street. An impressive number of celebrities have stayed at this hotel, which used to be a Hilton. They include Elvis Presley, Little Richard, Tina Turner, and other notables whose photographs line the walls on the ground floor adjacent to the lobby. The hotel also allows guests to check out at twelve o'clock without a hassle. I would definitely stay here again the next time I find myself in the Huntsville area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Metro DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

As with many Holiday Inns, this one is an older property and it looks mildly tired. However, the room was clean and of an adequate size. If you're going to spend any time in your room working, don't expect a lot workspace. And avoid the restaurant.

That said, staff was pleasant and the rate was reasonable. But i would stay elsewhere next time.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was a good value, solid hotel. I had to wait >30 minutes for a ride to HI from the airport, but getting a ride back was almost instantaneous, and free is hard to beat. Staff were friendly and efficient. Fitness room was a cut above the business-chain standard, with dumbbells and several weight machines available in addition to modern cardio equipment. [The second morning, I went for a jog in the park across the street, which was a nice change from windowless hotel gyms.] Business center was also clean and modern. Only major critique: breakfast at Lofton's was expensive and heavy, and my co-worker found a bug in her food. The second morning, though, I did much better at the in-lobby Starbucks. A shuttle driver also offered us a ride to our business meeting and then got lost/caused delay, but that wasn't 100% his fault. If work requires another visit to Huntsville, I'll definitely choose this property again.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

On August 25th, I checked out at the Holiday Inn downtown at noon and hours later realized I had neglected to iron my clothes for a wedding in the evening. I went to the hotel and talked with Bonita and Quince who were very helpful and kind to my silly mistake. In addition, our toilet stopped working in the middle of the night and a helpful maintenance worker gladly came to fix the issue. The entire staff from room service to maintenance appeared happy and seemed to enjoy serving the clientale. I would happily suggest this hotel to anyone staying in Hutsville based on their staff's treatment of clients. The hotel is not pretty, in fact it's hideous compared to the others around, but the service outweighed any I've received in my years of visiting hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel, mostly due to the excellent location and good value. I was traveling on business and was able to get the government Per Diem rate. The hotel is located in Downtown Huntsville, which as far as I can tell, is the only part of Huntsville that does not consist primarily of parking lots and strip malls. The hotel is directly across from the beautiful Big Spring Park at the historic heart of the city. The area felt practically bohemian with regular live music, several restaurants and bars in walking distance, and a diverse crowd.

The hotel itself was what you expect from a Holiday Inn, older but in relatively good shape. The staff was courteous and generally helpful. Rooms were large and comfortable. Overall, it is just what one would expect from a solid 3 to 3.5 star hotel.

Memphis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We spent two nights at the hotel,it is very convenient to downtown. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were quiet and the service was good. A couple of minor problems, the ice machine on the second floor was not working, but the bartender in the main lobby was more then willing to fill our tub. We also didn't have cold water, but after mentioning it to the front desk they had it adjusted while we were at dinner.

Belleville, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Our air conditioner in the room sounded more like a Jolly Green on final approach, way too loud for us to sleep soundly. One of the two elevators did not go to the executive floor, and it was left to us and other guests to "figure it out" on our own. The service in the restaurant was deplorable and my steak seemed to have been cooked once and rewarmed for me...very bad. I will never stay here again. I should have listened to my son when we first pulled up "Dad, this is not a real hotel...I want to go home". Out of the mouth of babes! Oh, and did I mention the dried up dead moth stuck in the carpet?

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville Downtown, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Bryan P,

Thank you for your stay with us and leaving a review. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort you have experienced due to the sound of the air conditioning unit, room accommodations, elevator services and quality of food as well as services received. I truly value the comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

I do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Been to Holiday Inn Huntsville Downtown? Share your experiences!