“Good for the $ but in the slums” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3788 University Dr. NW, Huntsville, AL 35816 (Formerly Comfort Inn University)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #42 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
ocean springs, ms
“Good for the $ but in the slums”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

Clean room. Clean bathroom. Okay for fifty $. Wouldn't pay more. Don't like the part of town at all. Compared to the rest of huntsville its in the slums.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

I used to stay at this motel several times a year while in Huntsville for business. It was economical, and though it seemed a bit old and grimy, it was a decent stay. That being said, I did not appreciate the slew of off-color jokes a gentleman working the front desk proliferated, and neither did I enjoy one instance when I was left standing outside the locked hotel front door for several minutes trying to check in, only to find that the night clerk was asleep! The incident that pushed me over the edge had to do with discarded property, and how my claim was handled. Almost a year ago, an expensive item was discarded from my hotel room during a routine house keeping session. The general manager handled the situation with such negligence that I was never able to search the trash before it was picked up, though I notified the front desk hours before it was hauled off. Despite my repeated communications, the hotel never entertained my concerns, took responsibility for their actions, considered my claim, or reimbursed me for my substantial loss. I will certainly never stay here again, or any other property owned by Silver Blanket, Inc., and I am truly disheartened with Choice Hotels International, as well, as their hotel certainly did not uphold their Mission of exceptional service and guest satisfaction.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

The location of this motel is terrible. It's right next to a teenage night club with pounding music. The room was well furnished but cleanliness is questionable. I suspect there may be a bedbug problem. I awoke with mysterious itchy bumps on my back. Rowdies, drunks, and pool patrons congregated at the pool splashing and frolicking until the late night hours.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Lemont, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

Front desk was courteous upon check-in. When I arrived at my room, I discovered it was not a "preferred location" which was unusual considering reservations were very light that evening. I was exhausted from a long trip and did not request a room change. Second floor location, had to park on other side of building, access was very poor. Found myself worrying about my car all night, which I could not see. The room was below my expectations. Bedding appeared "worn" and bathroom was dirty. Tub drain very slow. Located in a "hotel zone", I passed it twice before finding it. Would not revisit.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
Aussie in London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

This was a perfectly adequate venue for a quick, overnight stay. The room was tidy and the in-room coffee bar was well appointed. The bathroom also had a strong, hot shower. The breakfast room was a standard affair but more than adequate for a quick meal. I particularly liked the hard-boiled eggs on offer. This was a simple touch that gave the breakfast a little more variety than the standard waffle and bagel affair. Management was friendly and helpful in resolving an inadvertent billing error which I genuinely appreciated. I'd use this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2008

Stayed at the Quality Inn Huntsville (they must have changed brands recently) for 1 night in January 2008. There are several positives to this hotel. It is very easy to find and convenient to all freeways. My room was extremely clean and seemed to have all new furnishings and bedding. The bathroom was clean and fresh. They have a computer set up in the office so you can check your email (no printing though). There's plenty of free parking right outside of the rooms. You're right on the main road with tons of shopping and restaurants nearby, some within walking distance. The area is safe and nice, pretty suburban. The staff were friendly and helpful. They serve an expansive, yummy breakfast in a little room with a large TV, and the woman working there is really nice. As for the downsides, the lobby has zero atmosphere or decoration. It's actually pretty depressing. The grounds also have no personality, and the brick of the building was old and unattractive. My room faced the brick wall around the pool, which I didn't care for. As I mentioned, the whole place just seemed kind of depressing and down. It's adequate for a stopover, but you would never want to spend much time there. I stayed for free using rewards points, but I wouldn't pay more than $40 or $50 for a room, and I probably wouldn't stay there again myself. But if you need a clean, decent place with helpful staff, a computer station, and a good breakfast to start your day, you'll be fine here. Please email me with questions!!!

• Liked — Clean and comfortable room, computer in lobby, great breakfast, helpful staff.
  • Disliked — No atmosphere in lobby, place just had a depressing feel.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2004

I spent one (1) night at comfort inn university, 3788 university dr.Huntsville,Ala. Their service was unfriendly, Out of several entrances, there was only one (1) open.(2) At 8:00 am a maid came banging loudly on my door screaming "cleaning lady". Other men were complaining also. I will stay at that motel again.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!