“Excellent value for a budget motel” 4 of 5 stars

Quality Inn
Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3788 University Dr. NW, Huntsville, AL 35816 (Formerly Comfort Inn University)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #41 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent value for a budget motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable, staff friendly, and breakfast above average for a budget motel. It was a pleasant experience. It's about 1 1/2 miles from a Ryan's Steak House and about 4 miles from the Space Center. It's on a busy road, but we did not hear the traffic from our room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chelsea, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We recently stayed at this location while attending a family member's wedding. The room was very comfortable. The breakfast was ok. For the location, it was quiet :) My only problem was the front desk. I had gone out of my way to call in advance requesting late check out (I am Choice Privilege member), I had been assured I could check out by 2. At my check in, I reinterated with the front desk that I would need a late check out. The next morning we left for the wedding brunch with plans to come back and rest before changing for the actual ceremony. When we got back to the hotel at 12:10, we were locked out. The front desk was rude pointing out the time. I explained that we had made arrangements for late check out. Her comment was that "John" did not have the authority to ok late check out. She thought I might be charged for additional night. :( Once we arrived in our room, the room had been cleaned and our belongings had been moved.

I am happy that I was not charged the "additional" night. I guess, if you need late check out, get it in writing when you check in!!!

Room Tip: I requested a room towards the front of the hotel. I do not think I would've felt safe with a r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed here for one night on a cross-country drive, and had an overall positive experience. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is in a good location, with lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. We had a first-floor room, and while the hotel is located near a very busy road, the air conditioner has a fan that stay on constantly to drown out any unwanted noise. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the area felt safe, which is all we really want from a hotel anyway.

The hotel is a little tricky to get to (depending on which direction you're coming from, you may need to make a left turn across several lanes of traffic on a VERY busy road, which is harrowing), and the parking lot is a bit confusing, but once you get in and settled, it's a nice place to stay, especially for the price.

Overall, we had a good experience and would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Some family members stayed here recently when visiting. The property is not the newest I've seen, but it's very clean and quiet. The beds were comfortable and the flat screen TV and free breakfast is a nice bonus. The staff was very friendly and helpful and assisted us promptly when we asked for more sheets and bedding. This Quality Inn is centrally located in Huntsville and has easy access to all major parts of town. For the price my family paid, it's a great, no-frills value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Nice folks at check-in and check out. They gave me a room in a quiet area, as requested. The room was somewhat dated, but comfortable. I loved the A/C / heater that had a fan that stayed on constantly to drown out the noise from nearby roads and folks walking down the walkway. The bathroom was among the oldest looking I have seen, but it was clean and the shower had good pressure. The flat screen TV was nice. Breakfast included waffles, biscuits and normal assorted cereals and juice, coffee , etc. I liked that the inn was close to many restaurants and shopping areas.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Gainesville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I wasn't planning on staying in Huntsville, but I ran out of time and had to park my big rig for the night. I booked this room for the current promotion by choice. The check in staff was pleasant and dry, but an ok guy. The room, however, wasn't so great. Obviously hasn't been cleaned in quite a while. Granted, room 220 is a smoking room, but come on. Dirty walls, lamp shades,and some kind of funky smudge on windows and mirrors. Bed was mildly comfortable.
I always judge a room by the bed and the shower first, and the shower in this room was good, however, the light in the bathroom didn't work (heat lamp did work). Breakfast was average for Choice properties. I don't think I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: There are better locations in Huntsville.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

This Hotel was easy to find and located in a area that you could get to the different shopping areas with any problems. Only thing that I would say is that the refrigrator top portion got cold the bottom stayed kind of warm. However the ice machine is located in a central area. I will stay at this Hotel again. They kept towel and made sure we had everything that we needed.
REV.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!