“Great for that early morning flight” 5 of 5 stars

Four Points Huntsville Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Glenn Hearn Boulevard, Huntsville, AL 35824   |
Ranked #21 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Kennedale, Texas, United States
“Great for that early morning flight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice rooms, convenient, and out the elevator to go to your gate. Quiet, comfortable rooms. Pillows were very nice and sleep quality was excellent. Would stay here again. This hotel is on airport property and is located within the terminal.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
cleveland,ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I've stayed here twice and the front desk is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean and have a musty damp smell.
The last room had a mini frig and microwave but was next to the ice vending machine.
I'm told that the restaurant next door has good breakfast.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Great room and being a few feet from check in makes the convenience second to none. The staff is very helpful and the accommodations are first rate. Anyone visiting Huntsville should consider Four Points when choosing a hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Pensacola, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

As the parent of a traveling soccer team player, we are on the road quite a bit. This week was Huntsville and we had to choose from a list of "approved" hotels. The only one available that was closest to our actually field of play in Decatur, AL was the Four Points Huntsville Airport.

This hotel is actually part of the airport. As a matter of fact, the TSA security line is about 100 feet from the check-in desk affording guests easy access to the line.

When we arrived, my room type (two doubles) was not available. They profusely apologized, put my family in a king room, provided a roll-away, and comped the night. The next morning, our original room was available. The room was nice, clean, and amazingly quiet! Internet was free and not slow.

We didn't avail ourselves of the eating establishments since we were playing soccer away from where the hotel was located.

Parking, though not adjacent to the hotel, is located a short across the street as a separate section of the parking complex. I am happy to note that I easily found parking space each time I left and came back even though the hotel was operating near capacity.

All in all, I wouldn't think twice about staying there again for my next trip to Huntsville. The accommodations were nice, the staff was friendly, the parking was plentiful, and there was VERY easy access to the Interstate.

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the facing the parking garage and not the tarmac, so that might have aided in the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Nice hotel that is very close to the gates. Just walk out and check in to your flight.

Only complaint would be that the restaurant has a limited menu and the bathroom is really small.

Overall it's quiet and comfortable. The staff are pleasant and helpful.

Protip: ask if you can have a fridge. They do have some.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here several times over the past few years. This visit was the best so far. The rooms & hallways have been nicely updated. A very pleasant surprise was the restaurant. I am not usually a fan of hotel restaurants, but both the food & service were great. The location could not be more convenient for an early flight. All staff members were pleasant & professional.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

The one and only reason I have stayed here is because I can roll out of bed and into the TSA line. There is no other good reason to stay here. Everything else is a major hassle and is now not even worth the 30 minutes I save to stay on site. When I checked in this time, I had 3 bags and some food. I get all the way up to my room, open the door and guess what? It's not my room because there is a man inside comfortable spread out with stuff everywhere. Embarrassed, I take all of my stuff back downstairs, wait in line again and ask for an UNOCCUPIED room. I am offered a $6 credit to the restaurant I won't be eating in as a consolation. No thank you. I wonder if they issue keys to occupied rooms all the time? I get another room, go all the way back up and find this one unoccupied. I unload the bags and sit down to turn on the TV, only to find the remote doesn't work. It takes me several tries to get through the guest services line. Finally, I am brought a new remote by a gracious clerk and once again, offered $6 for a place I won't be eating at. The good news is that the room was clean. That's about all the good news there is here. Parking is extremely inconvenient. You have to park in the uncovered area that is the farthest lot from the terminal. So you wind up walking farther with all of your bags than people just visiting - which is not awesome when you're alone, hands full and its cold or raining. Then to get your parking validated, you have to wait in whatever line is at the hotel desk. The restaurant is there, but on my last trip, it wasn't open at the time my flight landed or departed, so it did me no good. I have eaten there a few times and it is ok- not great, not terrible. The service always took just a bit longer than I had patience for. They patch painted the very dull, dark and dingy brown doors and trim about 18 months ago and you can still smell the odor of the chemicals (or maybe the turpentine) in the paint. It's like there is no ventilation in the hallways. The patch marks on the doors from that old paint job are visible and unprofessional for a hotel. While the hallways are brightly lit, the room inside (especially by the closet area where you would dress) are dim at best. The poor lighting, low ceiling and brown color creates an aesthetic that makes me feel boxed in some very old, creepy place. The bathrooms in these rooms are smaller than bathrooms in NYC boutique hotels. I am amazed that you can close the door without knocking the toilet. It is an act of contortionist proportions to fit yourself inside the bathroom. Forget shutting the door. Why have a full size tub and vanity in a room this size? The vanity is so large, I can't use the bathroom to apply make-up, so I'm back to the dingy entry area. Then there are the towels. You only get 2, so if you drop one, or like to use one for your hair and body - there are none left for other people. There is *NOTHING* by this hotel either. You are out in an industrial area, so forget walking anywhere, shopping or eating elsewhere. I know next time I am going to Huntsville, I will not be staying here again. There are too many choices located right next to major retail areas to put up with the lax security, tight and dingy quarters offered here.

Room Tip: As for an unoccupied room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Four Points Huntsville Airport? Share your experiences!