“Delightfully impressed” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Delightfully impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The staff is attentive and gracious, the room clean, the bed too comfortable, breakfast was the best I ever had at any hotel of this level. I hate to say this but this hotel is better than what I paid for it. The new wireless internet service worked fine, my only complaint is that it disconnects every 24 hours and you have to log in to resume. I've been to other hotels which allow you to log in once for the stay, HGI should consider adopting that practice.
In addition to a microwave and refridgerator, they also (a first for HGI?) offer room service.
Another plus you rarely see at HGI, a paper listing the TV channels!
I'm coming back in a couple weeks, and I'm really looking forward to it!

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor, perfectly quiet. There is live entertainment some evenings, but all the room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Debra L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville/Space Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to let us know how your stay was. Our staff reads our comments and it helps us improve. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

While I have been pleased in the past, the new improved internet service is a poor excuse to grab additional $$ from the client. They have a free service now that is only good for email and is slow at that. If you want something fast enough to use remote desktop or do any kind of file transfer you must sign up and pay for a Premium service. Previously it was complementary and I could easily work remotely from there. Considering the cost of the room and then needing to purchase an upgrade to use reasonable speed internet will be a show stopped in the future. I certainly hope Hilton reconsiders the idea of this otherwise business travelers will continue to move on to another hotel and chain that will provide the needed services in one package.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time out to let us know how your stay was. Our staff reads our comments and it helps us improve, the internet is a 90 day beta test Hilton is conducting and this will help. We look forward to seeing you again.
Debra Luke
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel is must like your average business travler hotel. They do make you feel welcome but the breakfast is average and the servers are over worked and can't keep up. The sleep was good and it is not very noisy, at least when I've stayed there. I would recomend this hotel.

Room Tip: No suggestions
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Overall the stay was very good. Good location, easy access to the airport and major highways. Could improve on desk lighting, but than again, that is my pet issue. Parking was good. Staff associates were very friendly both at check in and out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night. The hotel was a bit dated but was very clean. The staff was very nice and helpful! Beds are comfy. The bath tub area needs updating. There were some rusty spots around some of the fixtures, other than that, we have no other complaints. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Here’s a quick checklist of things that are important to a frequent business traveler. Explanations follow further below:
1. Quick friendly check-in: 100%.
2. Parking convenience: 100%.
3. Snack / water: 100%.
4. Bathroom fan: 100%.
5. Clock time accuracy: 100%.
6. Happy hour / bar staff: 100%.
7. Breakfast staff: 100%.
8. Gym: I didn’t work out.
Other – The hotel clientele is mostly business travelers. It’s a typical HGI, fairly small and not crowded. No frills, no complaints.
Explanations of items above:
1. For Gold and Diamond customers, Hilton promises quick check-in using your credit card on file so that you don’t have to dig out your card. This worked perfectly. Later, I couldn’t print my boarding pass in the business center because the printer was out of toner, so the clerk let me use the computer and printer behind the check-in desk.
2. Free convenient parking.
3. Hilton offers their Gold and Diamond customers some type of snack / water depending on the hotel. At HGIs they offer two bottles of water at check-in. This was done as expected.
4. The bathroom fan worked.
5. Hilton clocks cannot have their time adjusted by the guest. This is good. The time was accurate.
6 & 7: I like nice friendly people.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We enjoyed our stay... But we ran into our first problem when we tried to check in. We booked our room through their website & arrived and was told we didnt have a room- although I got an email confirmation and was charged to my account. The people at the front desk told us to call hilton's number online and cancel our room, but it was passed 4pm and the man on the phone told us we couldn't. We tried to explain that the hotel told us to call them to cancel in order to book another room, but I'm guessing it never went through, even when they agreed. (Why was I calling Hilton, when I was AT Hilton?? Stupid) We waited an hour at the front desk to get this fixed and we ended up being late for a meeting. A few days later we called to get this fixed and we keep getting told the extra charge isnt showing up on their end. It's been 3 weeks, and I have emailed them info to show them the charges, and called and I never get called back after they say they will call me to go over it again.... Will I every get my $250 back?? Great hotel, but DON'T book online through their website....

Room Tip: Don't book online through the Hilton site.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Debra L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville/Space Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience, after investigating the double charge we only charged you once.The second charge you incured was from the Hilton Garden Inn South due to a reservation you made with that hotel and failed to cancel.
I am sorry for the confussion and hope to see you again soon.

Debra Luke