“Big portions, great service, so-so quality” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 517 Restaurants in Huntsville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Big portions, great service, so-so quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

First, the service I received was excellent, from the greeter to the waiter and the servers, everyone was prompt, courteous helpful and friendly.

Chips and salsa - both were fresh, nice tomato-ey salsa, above average.

I had a large XX beer. Really Large, good.

I only ordered one entree - the Chili Relleno. Maybe that's where I went wrong.

When it arrived, I was almost startled at the size. It was easily the largest pablano chile asked the waiter, "Are you guys nuclear irradiating your vegetables now?" which he didn't understand.

It was late, I was hungry, had drank half my beer, so I dug in.

The crust of this monster started to explain the size. It appeared to be a corn/flower/egg wet dip, not uncommon, but it had cooked up around the pepper as a cornbread-looking shell. It wasn't bad, but it was not quite done enough... more mushy that crusty - and added a layer of bulk to the beast of a Capsicum annuum. I actually had doubts about the pepper, but the taste was there, definitely a Plentiful Poblano.

I started at the tip, the narrow part and opened it. After I tasted and pretty much ignored the crust, the cheese and meat stuffing was pretty good. A bit greasy, but spicy as you'd expect. As I worked my way up toward the stem of the pepper, the toughness of such a large pepper showed and I just couldn't eat it. About half the huge, tough pepper was wasted - it was inedible.

I should have spoken up... but everyone was so nice, it was late and I was tired. I drank my beer, ate some more chips and salsa, left a nice tip for such an inexpensive meal and went back to my hotel.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“As usual. Simply good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

As usual. Simply good. Nice margarina's and excellent fajita's, what else can I say. Just the place to be

Visited August 2013
Aspley Guise, United Kingdom
“Good Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had the Mexican salad - wow so much good food and so tasty. Good atmosphere, fast and efficient service and all round good Mexican food . Well worth a visit

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
KC
“A+ atmosphere and Yummy Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Neat courtyard area. Lots of seating inside. Dipped a chip in the hot salsa by accident and all of our mouths were on fire. Everyone's food look yummy. I made the mistake of getting hard tacos (assuming they were going to be fried) and they were in a crispy shell you get at taco bell...not that impressed with mine but the seasoning was good. Try something out of the ordinary and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. We were dining with Huntsville natives and they love this place!

Visited August 2013
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“Great fresh food, wonderful service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our family of four had dinner here on a Friday night while traveling through town. Our food was great, so much food too we couldn't eat it all. We had fajita's for two. I ordered guac and it was fresh and tasted just the way I like it. It was very busy, but we got in with no problem. Our waiter was very friendly and this place has a fun atmosphere too!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere