“Very pleased” 5 of 5 stars

Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #21 of 54 hotels in Huntsville
“Very pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights room was clean and roomy for all our things and 2 children to play and lounge around and beds were super comfortable and lots of pillows. There is a free breakfast however being on vacation, we slept in and took advantage of the Ihop across the street and there is also a Walmart practically next door and the room has a small fridge and microwave. Lots of restaurants nearby and a Starbucks inside the Super Target directly across the street. This hotel is 10 mins from the space center and there's also an outdoor mall that has a movie theater and fountains that light up at night, its Beautiful!. And while your here in Huntsville you should check out Harmony Park Safari about 20-30 mins from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
bwrocketcity, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rocket City Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for your comments and review for your stay with us! We are so happy to have helped make your trip pleasant. Although you were unable to have our breakfast this last time, perhaps you will be able to enjoy it on your next stay! Our staff looks forward to seeing you the next time you choose to visit Huntsville again! We thank you again for staying with us and hope to exceed your expectations even more the next time!

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The hotel is in a super convenient central location near lots of shopping, restaurants, and close enough to the highway to make getting around town very easy. The room was large with comfortable beds, a large flat-screen TV, and free WiFi. It also included a microwave and refrigerator which made having food on hand nice and easy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast in the morning had a decent selection including hot foods and pastries. Of course it wasn't gourmet quality, but it was definitely filling and decent. Our only complaint was that the room smelled a bit musty, but it was easily remedied once we turn the air conditioning on. If we come back to Huntsville we would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your feedback! Our staff is pleased to have been helpful in making your stay as nice as possible. We would like to apologize for the smell in your room and apologize for any inconvenience that it may have caused you. It is our goal to constantly improve our property in every way possible. It is because of feedback such as yours, we are able to do so and we thank you for your patronage.

North Beach, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is pretty much what you expect from Best Western. Clean, friendly, efficient.
There is a complimentary breakfast but I'd suggest you don't count on it too much if you plan on a late lunch. :)
Room was very comfortable and free wi-fi internet access was very welcome.
All in all a pleasant experience and, if I was in the area again, I'd stay there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for all of your feedback! As a part of the Best Western brand, we strive to not only meet their expectations but exceed them. Feedback from our patrons is the best way for us to ensure we are meeting our customers needs and to find ways to improve our property, We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay!

Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip. The hotel was ok. There was a large rust spot on the floor of the bathtub, but other than that it was clean and reasonable. Close to many restaurants and Redstone Arsenal.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback! We would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Because of your feedback, we made this a priority and have greatly improved this issue. We would like for you to come and enjoy another stay with us the next time you are in Huntsville in hopes that we may exceed your expectations. Again we thank you for your business and apologize for any inconvenience.

Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed here during son's visit to Space and Rocket Center and it was fabulous. Staff was friendly and everyone we ran into said hello and asked how everything was for us. A little concern like this goes a long ways on our stays. Breakfast was pretty good, although we didn't get to eat it everyday we were there. Close to the Rocket Center and lots of restaurants which was a plus since we are not familiar with the area. Front Desk staff was also very helpful in some recommendations. Overall our stay was comfortable and we will stay here next time we are in town.

Room Tip: all the rooms have fridge and microwave so bringing back leftovers from restaurants was great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We are so pleased that you and your son enjoyed your stay with us while experiencing space camp! Our staff looks forwards to accomodating all of our patrons needs during their stays here and are so happy they met yours. We look forward to seeing your family the next time you are in town! Thank you so much for your patronage and for your feedback!

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Filthiest hotel room I have ever seen. Housekeeping was only doing minimal cleaning, The clock radio, the door, and several other surfaces had stains from food slopped on them. I would have changed rooms, but this was already my second room and it was late.

I was awakened twice during the night when someone attempted to enter my room (I thought it was just drunk hotel guests confused and had the wrong room number). It turned out that the negligent hotel staff had failed to note my room change, and they were attempting to give other people my room (fortunately I had the deadbolt engaged). This became clear the following day when a person unlocked my door and walked in with luggage in hand (didn't have the deadbolt engaged that time). He went away apologetic. The hotel management response was to visit my room moments later and accuse me of overstaying my reservation (which I certainly had not). Once the situation was understood, I received an "I'm sorry" and "I'm so embarrassed". No attempt otherwise was made by the hotel management to rectify or improve the situation - not even clean the filth from the room! Just an excuse that the housekeeper was causing them problems.

After leaving, I left feedback at the Best Western site. I finally got an email from the general manager. It was a form letter, the manager didn't even feel that it was worth a few seconds of his time to address anything specific. His apology was simply his standard line:
"I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide superior customer service. I am sorry we were not able to do that for you."

Not exceeding my expectations??? The man is utterly clueless. He offered a small Best Western gift card, not even equal to a single night stay. I refused - based upon this stay, I am concerned about the quality of management at any Best Western.

My horrible stay at this hotel was only surpassed by the general manager's incompetent response and lack of concern.

In case you are wondering why I didn't leave and stay elsewhere initially... if the room hadn't been prepaid, I would have left without ever staying in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
We would like to apologize for your last stay at our hotel. As we are under new management, things have drastically changed for the better and hope you would consider giving us another chance the next time you are in town. Thank you very much for your feedback as we can always learn and improve our property from our customers!

Sevierville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

This Best Western appears to be relatively new and is fairly nice. The rooms are pretty standard for Best Western. I didn't find any reason to complain about mine. It's nice that it has a big flat screen television and the windows open all the way, which I like. Also, the hotel is in a great location because it's near the space center and there is a remarkable commercial district around it. There are all kinds of restaurants, shops and other businesses within walking distance.

What's the bottom line? Unless you're really unlucky, this won't be the best hotel you ever stay at. Unless you're very lucky, it also won't be the worst. It's a nice, affordable option close to a lot of things in Huntsville.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for all of your feedback! We strive to take all of your comments to heart and use them to improve. As we are under new management, we hope you will allow us to show you all of our improvements the next time you are in town. Again we thank you for your feedback and patronage!

Slash Patel and the Rocket City Staff

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Rocket City Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!