“Fresh Taste” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Huntsville, Alabama
“Fresh Taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This little restaurant has big flavors. The décor is bright and cheery. The Mango Lemonade is refreshing fruity and not too sweet. I had the Mango Chicken. It came in a bowl with mangos and what appeared to be a nice fruit compote sauce. I had the peas and rice. The dish was lightly seasoned. Also served with shredded cabbage and broccoli . The whole meal tied together well. Service was quick , questions answered and all with a smile. I even had a little left to take home. Next time I will hold back and try a dessert. I will be back. A great experience and reasonably priced.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, Tennessee
“Vegetarian Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This restuarant is kind of hard to find. But it is worth the effort. This was one of the best vegetarian meals I've ever had. I had the Mango Chicken. The seasoning was bright and fresh with a Mango citrus sauce. I could not tell it wasn't chicken. It came with Plaintains, they were cooked to perfection. I also had the Mango salad. It was fresh and organic I could have eaten it without dressing. It was was top notch! I needed a wheel chair to get out of there I was so stuffed. The staff was very friendly and professional. They were constantly checking to see if I was enjoying my meal. I will definitely go back. You should try it, you won't regret it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tennessee
“Great Experience and Wonderful Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is a wonderful place to get amazing food! The servers were helpful and knowledgeable, and assisted us in picking food that we would enjoy. They have live music on Thursday nights, which just adds to the charm!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chandler, Arizona
“Wished I lived in Huntsville.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I loved every thing about Mangoes. The food was so amazing. We had a large party so we ordered all the wings and they were all good falling off the bone. My husband had the braised oxtail and could not get enough I had the jerk chicken which was fork tender. The rice and peas were OMG. The the cabbage and fried plantain were a perfect combination. Every thing else my family ordered was great. Even the vegetarian chicken strips. My husband finished up with the mango cheesecake and loved it too. The food was so good we went back the next day for lunch. Every time I come to Huntsville to visit my family, Mangoes will be my first stop. Loved the live music on Thursday night!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“A great meal, if you even notice the place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Ran across this place by accident. It's tucked in on what appears to be the backside of a stripmall. It's worth the find, though. The food was quite good and the service was excellent - very friendly folks.

We were attracted to their sign that advertised vegetarian food (as well as non-vegetarian). I'm not a vegetarian, but my co-worker is, so this was a nice option that served both our needs.

• Visited September 2013