“"The Greek King of Drake"....Huntsville, Alabama” 5 of 5 stars

2003 Drake Avenue, Huntsville, AL
256-715-1863
Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 487 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Dessert, Hamburgers, Greek, Delicatessen, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Alabama
“"The Greek King of Drake"....Huntsville, Alabama”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

In childhood times, I was blessed with a Father who delighted in all types of resturants. Dad always took pleasure in introducing new things to his family. Going out to dinner was a real treat, with him. I learned through his love of dining to always be willing to try a new foods. You don't know if you like...until you've tried it.
Living in Scottsboro, Alabama....we often like to have a change. Immediately after City Cafe's opening we had come to Huntsville, and noticed the City Cafe Diner.
Always, open to new foods, we decided to give try it out. We were casually dressed and expecting a little diner atmosphere...which it has. But, the diner had a delightful and elegant twist. You could dress up or casual. Either way you're not out of place.
The dessert display is like nothing we've seen in a long time. They're gorgeous! The dessert servings are wonderful and large. Two can easily share one serving along with...always, superb coffee at it's freshest.
The menu....what can I say? It's HUGE....and the choices, although not endless, seem to be ongoing. What could you possibly want, that you couldn't find in this menu? Steaks, Fish, Shrimp, Spaghettis, and even with meatballs...which by the way are HUGE...are just small highlight to the amount of choices available. It seems that the bread served in the beginning is just a way of saying, "Welcome". Salads and soups are divine.
And...if you need breakfast...I have to say, that there's no difference in all of the choices. They have anything and everything.
PLUS! A great childrens menu!
We finally have a resturant with managers that aim to please and waitresses that aren't scamming, your dollars. Giving the public the best service and comfort possible, seems to be their goal.
If you're in a hurry, just grab their chili dogs and run. They wouldn't mind at all.
They're always busy and the "HOT SPOT ON DRAKE".
The only thing I haven't seen them do is give all the women a rose! I wouldn't be at all surprised if they started doing that....City Cafe...I am glad you're here!!!!!!!!!!
Sherry C
of Scottsboro

• Visited October 2012

Jackson, Georgia
“Mixed results and inconsistent. Desert makes it worth the trip.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I went for a second visit after only having desert the first trip. The second trip was a disaster because an hour after arriving my food wasn't there for me to eat so I walked out after paying for my girlfriends meal. The manager working wasnt the usual one & that may have something to do with the service. We took out desert and it was extremely good.
On my second and most recent trip I went with my companion and her sister and brother in law. The food was good and delivered reasonably fast. Again we took out desert and they are worth the trip! I didn notice that they brought food to our table TWICE that wasnt ours so there seems to be some confusion and bugs that they need to work out with their system. The restaurant is new so that is somewhat understandable. This could be a great restaurant once they get things better organized.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“It's all Greek to me!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

A new cafe/diner in Huntsville, City Diner Cafe offers authentic greek dishes and an enormously wide range of choices. Everything I've had has been good and the portions are quite large. When we mentioned to one of the owners that they would go broke because their portions were so large, he replied, "We didn't come here to make money, we came to make friends!'

We're moving to Huntsville from the DC area and were sad to leave our neighborhood greek cafe, now we don't have to worry, we've found a replacement!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“My All Time Favorite Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I love this restaurant. They have over 360 items to choose from. They have Greek, Italian, southern, Mediterranean, American, and New York style food. There is definitely something for everyone. I love their Greek salad which I get as a side salad. All of our friends love it too. We like the family atmosphere that they have. The staff is very friendly and genuinely cares about its customers.

• Visited October 2012
Layton, Utah
“I wouldn't normally try a place like this, but...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

So we had no idea where to go for dinner. We asked the clerk at the hotel desk (kind of a hit and miss proposition sometimes). He suggested the City Cafe Diner.
When we got there it was far busier than I would have expected for a restaurant of this type. We were seated quickly and began to scan our menus. The menu had a large number of entrees, including Greek, Italian, and American style dinners. I'm usually a little bit skeptical of a place with such a large menu, thinking that with such a variety they won't be able to do any one thing very well.
Our waitress was great. She recommended the Greek fare, so I ordered a gyro and a Greek salad. My food was delicious. Everyone else at my table was equally pleased with their dinner ss well.
They also have their own bakery with fabulous cakes, pies, and other pastries. Be sure to give them a try. You'll be glad you did.

• Visited September 2012