“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I must admit that when my office informed me that they had booked me at the Springhill in Huntsville, I was upset due to a very unpleasent stay at the location downtown. Much to my surprise, they booked me at a brand new Springhill right down the street from my meeting place in Research Park. The bonus was it's location in the middle of a bustling little town called the Village of Providence. I can't believe in all my trips that I have missed this place. I was greated by a very southern friendly staff when checking in, which was the polar opposite of my experience downtown. The room was spacious, AC worked great, and I really enjoyed being able to walk out the side door and have my choice of several restaurants. I chose a little Italian place called Tony's and the Pizza was excellent. After dinner, I was able to enjoy a local car show that was taking place in a park across the street. I ended the night with a cold one at a sports bar called Brickhouse while listening to some live music. Definately my new place to stay while doing business in Huntsville!

Room Tip: All rooms are Suites, but my room was on the North end 2nd floor, which made it easy to take the sta...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
The SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park would like to thank you for such a nice review. We are delighted to know you had a wonderful time here and hope to see you again when travel plans permit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I recently just stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Providence, AL. The location is perfect. I travel on business constantly and this was the perfect hotel to stay at. Providence has a variety of restaurants. The Hotel was spectacular and the staff was friendly as well. Brandon checked me in with a smile and made sure I was informed on the area. He gave me information on the restaurants. Thanks Brandon and SpringHill Suites staff. I am definitely coming back to SpringHill Suites in Providence for my next trip.

Room Tip: Make sure and check out the live music at Brickhouse and if you have questions I know front desk is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Our associates pride themselves on providing excellent guest service here at The SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park and will be pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you.
IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed a week at both of the Huntsville Springhiils in the last month and I prefer this one slightly. They are both very new and clean, both offer the same free Marriott breakfast choices. However, I like the layout of the bathroom in this one. The downtown one has bathrooms split into 2 sections, whereas this is pretty much a standard hotel unit. The rest of the room is similar, and seems to conform to the 'psuedo-suite' trend of having a good sized living area/work space 'room' separated by a partial wall to the bed 'room.'

Front desk, housekeeping, and the breakfast people were all "Alabama nice!"

The location is very convenient....right on the edge of the "New Urban" development of Providence, right near the intersection of 255 and University. Very convenient for food (1-minute walk to about 5-6 restaurants) and access to Redstone (10 minutes, maybe, to the main gate).

Couple of dings: Clothing storage options were limited. One fairly big armoire which was good for hanging stuff, but the drawers were tiny. Could barely hold my socks, and would not hold a folded up t-shirt. The other slight negative was the pool: it was tiny and there was no hot tub.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
It is nice to hear you liked our layout here at the SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park and look forward to hosting you again in the future. Thank you for your review.

Been to SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park? Share your experiences!