“Delicious Greek fare” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Decatur, Alabama
“Delicious Greek fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Papa Gyro's is a casual eatery located in a strip mall. They offer a variety of Greek & Mediterranean dishes but are best known for their gyros, prepared with fresh ingredients and homemade pitas. The food is delicious! The dining area is small, although at the time of this writing (March 2013), the restaurant appeared to be expanding into an adjacent space. Highly recommended for a quick, affordable & delicious meal.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great authentic Mediteranean food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

If you like Greek or Turkish food, this is the place of you! Gyro's are incredible but so are the other lentil dishes. It is well worth the trip! The owner is a very nice guy who is there most of the time. Baklava is very good as well.

It is not fancy and is a stand in line and order, but the food is so good, you have to try it if you like Greek food.

• Visited August 2012
Auburn, AL
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I love this restaurant. It is delicious and affordable. It's one of my favorite places in Huntsville. I make sure my wife and I go here every time she is in town. I have not tried some of the other popular Greek restaurants in Huntsville simply because I like this one so much.

• Visited February 2013
Texas
“Delicious & great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

You'll leave full and happy!

I can see why this place is so popular - everything we tried on the menu was great, so good in fact we went back the next day!

• Visited February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“My new favorite place in Huntsville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My boss and I tried this out while in town and I"m upset it took me this long to try it. The gyros were so good and they give you a good amount of meat in them. For only 6 bucks, a great deal. For my boss and I, two gyros, a large order of fries, and an order of lentil soup was about 20 bucks. Not subway cheap but not bad eithier. The fries were also so good I couldn't stop eating them. The lentil soup was just ok though but every plate I saw go by me looked great. They had an amazing lunch rush but don't worry about the line, it goes quick and they get the food out quick. It's a good sign because the food is so good. A really casual place you just seat yourself and they call you up for your food. Can't wait for my next business trip because I know where I'm stopping for lunch.

• Visited January 2013