“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 53 hotels in Huntsville
Mount Dora
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Doubletree Huntsville-South. I was first amazed by the lobby decor and that was only the beginning! Being a former wedding planner I was blown away by the outdoor court yard - I started envisioning all the different ways one could have either a wedding ceremony or cocktail reception in this area. The water & fire features, well what can i say just an amazing touch! The guest rooms we perfectly appointed and the colors were modern and chic. The staff was beyond friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting the Huntsville area. Who would have known this gem existed in Huntsville, Alabama!

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My family (8 rooms) are staying at this place for my father's funeral. Today we were gone from 9:00 AM until 3:30 PM and when we returned our room had not been serviced. It took two calls to the front desk to get someone to come clean the room (40 minutes later). Two of the rooms we had checked out before the funeral and their rooms were serviced before we returned. The so called manager, Jesse Martinez, stated that it was not their fault, no apology, no nothing! Add this, on top of burying my dad, was the last straw. For any other family function we'll be staying at the Westin, all 16 of us!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My mother and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights due to a death in the family. When I arrived, my room was not as I expected and I was immediately moved the room I reserved. Because of the inconvience, I was provided with 2 breakfast certificates. The rooms were beautiful, spacious and the beds were....perfect. The staff was wonderful and very attentive during this stressful time. Terrin, Donna and another gentleman (I can't remember his name but I remember he said he was from Arab, AL) were wonderful on the overnight shift to see that all my needs were met whether it be a wake up call or just a little conversation. Lindsey made an recommended and excellent place for me to get my hair styled within walking distance! The rooms were perfect! Like a home away from home. The bed was amazing! Everytime I laid down, even to just watch tv, I fell asleep. I will definitely be returning to this hotel when I return to Huntsvillle!!!

Room Tip: I had a room with a king bed and tub but it is only available in an handicapped accessable room. I a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind review! I have read the review to the entire staff and they were elated! We are so happy that we could make your stay comfortable and memorable under such a difficult situation. We look forward to having you back real soon.
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I had the opportunity to be a guest of the hotel for a long period of time back in October. During my stay I interacted with the staff, ate in the restaurant and enjoyed the amenties of the hotel. I can say without a doubt that all were excellent! This hotel has been recently renovated bringing a pure sense and feel of upscale in Huntsville. Bravo to the staff and management!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for wonderful review! Our goal is to satisfy each guest at every opportunity and it sounds like we hit a home run! The staff will be excited to read your comments!
Again, thank you and we look forward to serving you again real soon.
Altoona, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed last week at the ‘new’ Double Tree suites. When I arrived I was very worried by the outside look of the hotel. I had stayed at this hotel one time back when it was the Radisson Inn and it was awful but I thought that since they had ‘remodeled’ I’d give it another try. I was very impressed at first glance at the inside however until I got to my room. At check in I was told that the back doors of the building ‘have problems’ and don’t always work and I was advised not to use them. So I used the front door to access my room only to find it was on the other side of the hotel where the doors have problems and they only have one elevator. After entering my room and really looking around it was very easy to see that this is was a cheap cover up attempt to hide the old Radisson hotel. The tub had a chip in it, the bathroom tub was dirty behind the shower curtain (behind the door) it looked as though it had never even been cleaned after the construction. The sofa in the room is so hard it was unreal I couldn’t even sit on it. The alarm clock didn’t work and when I asked them for a new one I was told to turn on the light switch and it would work?? While the hotel lobby and court yard look nice the rooms look just patched over. I did inquire if the same owner stilled owned the place and I was told he still does.

Take a word of advice when staying in the area, stay at the Hilton Garden Inn located right behind them it’s nice and the people are great.

Room Tip: Pick one near the front of the hotel as the back doors of the hotel don't work. Also pick one ne...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the look and feel of our guestrooms. We have made many great changes to the hotel and with your observations can focus on the minor areas of improvement. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope you’ll visit with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Kindest Regards,

Jesse Martinez, General Manager
Newark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The Doubletree Huntsville South is a very nice hotel. I understand from other guests that it was recently renovated. They did an excellent job updating. The rooms are big as they are suites and nicely appointed. The hotel staff was outstanding during my stay and extremely friendly. I only had breakfast there but the food that was ordered at the bar looked great and based on the comments it was good. Lucius the bartender as well as the server at breakfast (not sure of her name) were extremely friendly and was obvious customer service was thier priorty.

Great place to stay while on business as it is minutes away from the Redstone and MSFC gate but would also be a good getway spot.

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites so fairly roomy.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I travel to Huntsville every Monday - Thursday for work and the Doubletree is my home away from home. It is newly renovated so everything is fresh and modern with a classy/comforting flair. The staff is absolutely AMAZING and they do everything they can to make sure your stay is awesome! Kristina at the front desk in the evenings is one of my favorite people in the entire state of Alabama and absolutely ANYTHING you need she will be sure you have. Literally it brightens my day to walk in from work in the evenings and talk to her. I also met Joshua last night when I visited the front desk with quite a number of requests and he took care of my every need. He was so kind and so good at making sure that every guest in the hotel was taken care of. The restaurant: Cafe Alana Shay is a James Boyce restaurant (whom I definitely consider one of Huntsville's premier chef's) and the food is AWESOME! From the warm spinach salad to the duck confit spring rolls, everything is delicious. Overall I keep coming back to this property, even after spending 4 months at the Embassy Suites. I love it, they are great!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are my favorite!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Our DoubleTree Suites Huntsville-South family would like to graciously acknowledge your wonderful review. We could of not ask for a more sincere review and we are grateful. As part of our family we will continue to serve you and ensure every need is taken care of. We can not wait to have you with us again!

Jesse Martinez

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South? Share your experiences!